WAY WAY Too early To predict Two-deep

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

WAY WAY Too early To predict Two-deep

Post by imacat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:We need a boost in WR talent.

This is a coaching weakness. Our WRs were not used effectively last season and it was not from lack of talent. Herbert is one of best we have ever had. It is also not just Murray. It is lack of imagination in game planning and play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see it completely different, the coaches were way to imaginative with the pass routes, the routes were always slow developing and way to complex for our QB to anticipate when the receiver was open. Inside the 20 yard line this year, forget about an easy throw for Murray, Armstrong was dialing up a home run throw or run play.The routes for the most part were deeper crossing routes, with tons of pre snap reads, and our receivers had a tough time getting open due to that. We definitely need upgrades at the WR position and quicker routes for our young QBs to get the ball out and then let the receivers make plays.

Edit: I believe we have the receivers they just need to upgrade their play along with QB. Murray did miss a lot of guys too so it’s blame across the board coaches, WR, and QB
Good post. I actually agree with you. “Lack of imagination” was a probably a poor choice of words on my part. I was not thinking imagination as in “complex” but as in game planning to your players strengths (primary goal) and your opponent’s vulnerabilities (secondary goal). To do that effectively a coach must be able to recognize his players strengths and weaknesses and to utilize that knowledge to put them in the best possible position to succeed.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: WAY WAY Too early To predict Two-deep

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:19 am

imacat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:

This is a coaching weakness. Our WRs were not used effectively last season and it was not from lack of talent. Herbert is one of best we have ever had. It is also not just Murray. It is lack of imagination in game planning and play calling.

I see it completely different, the coaches were way to imaginative with the pass routes, the routes were always slow developing and way to complex for our QB to anticipate when the receiver was open. Inside the 20 yard line this year, forget about an easy throw for Murray, Armstrong was dialing up a home run throw or run play.The routes for the most part were deeper crossing routes, with tons of pre snap reads, and our receivers had a tough time getting open due to that. We definitely need upgrades at the WR position and quicker routes for our young QBs to get the ball out and then let the receivers make plays.

Edit: I believe we have the receivers they just need to upgrade their play along with QB. Murray did miss a lot of guys too so it’s blame across the board coaches, WR, and QB
Good post. I actually agree with you. “Lack of imagination” was a probably a poor choice of words on my part. I was not thinking imagination as in “complex” but as in game planning to your players strengths (primary goal) and your opponent’s vulnerabilities (secondary goal). To do that effectively a coach must be able to recognize his players strengths and weaknesses and to utilize that knowledge to put them in the best possible position to succeed.

You are spot on there, that is exactly where I'm coming from as well. You have to understand your players abilities and put them in the best position to succeed and I don't think that happened as much as it should have for both the WRs and Murray.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:

You are spot on there, that is exactly where I'm coming from as well. You have to understand your players abilities and put them in the best position to succeed and I don't think that happened as much as it should have for both the WRs and Murray.
I think there are more examples this year of having great plays called and they just weren't executed correctly.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Might’ve been some changes today.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber