Alternate Uni concepts

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Alternate Uni concepts

Post by ADOKmt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:32 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
ADOKmt wrote:
rtb wrote:I'd love to see a Matte Blue concept like the Pitt helmets.
Any particular stickers/sticker color combo you'd like to see with it? Happy to mock it up!
Metallic blue helmet with several different color versions of Cats script logo and Bobcat head. The gold with ghosted logo is by far my favorite!

First shot at chrome blue. I can do it with stickers instead of ghosting in if needed.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:59 pm

Those have all been awesome to see up close but I’m sure that some of them would lose their luster when viewed from a distance like the average fan in the stands would have.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ADOKmt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:Those have all been awesome to see up close but I’m sure that some of them would lose their luster when viewed from a distance like the average fan in the stands would have.
I agree. Some of these probably aren't feasible. I think my favorite helmet mockup so far is either the Chargers style, or the Pitt matte blue style. Probably for that very reason, both have strong contrast that is more typical of real helmets.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Yeah those two would pass the eye test from the stands quite well.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:40 am

ADOKmt wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
ADOKmt wrote:
Any particular stickers/sticker color combo you'd like to see with it? Happy to mock it up!
Metallic blue helmet with several different color versions of Cats script logo and Bobcat head. The gold with ghosted logo is by far my favorite!

First shot at chrome blue. I can do it with stickers instead of ghosting in if needed.
You’re an incredible artist! Love it.
Matte white helmet with gold or blue chrome logos?

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 am

Do they make chrome decals?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ADOKmt » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Do they make chrome decals?
I was going for the "ghosted in" Oregon look with those mockups, but Washington rocked a chrome decal with their chrome helmets. Miami has done it as well.

Image Image

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:49 pm

I appreciate your work and like all the mock ups. I'm just looking at them from what we could actually do because of cost.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ADOKmt » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I appreciate your work and like all the mock ups. I'm just looking at them from what we could actually do because of cost.
True. What helmets do we have? White and gold? I know we sold the blues a couple years ago.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:33 pm

ADOKmt wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
ADOKmt wrote:

New favorite

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

syvie5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by syvie5 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Common Cat wrote:
ADOKmt wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
ADOKmt wrote:

New favorite
Love this helmet...awesome!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:28 pm

ADOKmt wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:Those have all been awesome to see up close but I’m sure that some of them would lose their luster when viewed from a distance like the average fan in the stands would have.
I agree. Some of these probably aren't feasible. I think my favorite helmet mockup so far is either the Chargers style, or the Pitt matte blue style. Probably for that very reason, both have strong contrast that is more typical of real helmets.

That matte blue is sexy.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Could we see some of these helmets on Co-eds wearing blue bustiers and gold stockings.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Some great stuff in this thread! I love the Cats script logo and would love to see it replace the 'M' as MSU's standard helmet logo. The best two looks for standard unis, in my opinion, would be:

Home: Navy jersey, gold pants, navy script 'Cats' logo on shiny gold helmet
Away: White jersey, navy pants, gold script 'Cats' logo on matte navy helmet

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:24 pm

I love the Cats script as an alternate helmet choice, to wear once or twice a year. I would love to see the actual cat head logo as the main look for their helmet. I like the blue outline one that they usually have on the white helmets and the full color logo that were on the blue helmets a couple years ago, just didn't like the number on the opposite side when they did that side.

I've never been a big fan of the standard gold helmet with the M, not a bad look, just a little boring to me.

ADO, How about the full color cat logo on a matte blue helmet and then the same logo on an all yellow helmet.

I love the idea of a mix of old and new, new logo paired with the old blue/yellow, circa 1984.
Last edited by Catsrgrood on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ADOKmt » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:I love the Cats script as an alternate helmet choice, to where once or twice a year. I would love to see the actual cat head logo as the main look for their helmet. I like the blue outline one that they usually have on the white helmets and the full color logo that were on the blue helmets a couple years ago, just didn't like the number on the opposite side when they did that side.

I've never been a big fan of the standard gold helmet with the M, not a bad look, just a little boring to me.

ADO, How about the full color cat logo on a matte blue helmet and then the same logo on an all yellow helmet.

I love the idea of a mix of old and new, new logo paired with the old blue/yellow, circa 1984.
Sorry for the delay, holidays caught up with me and it got lost in the shuffle! Here ya go! Wasn't sure if you were thinking gold logo on yellow helmet, or yellow logo on yellow helmet, so I did both:

Image Image Image

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:48 pm

No worries at all! Those are sweet, I really like the yellow helmet with the yellow logo. Those would be sweet for the gold rush game.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:45 am

My idea:

Royal blue jerseys with Vegas gold (fashioned similar to the Cowboys blue/white alternate jersey)
Vegas gold helmets (like Notre Dame's chrome gold helmets) with royal blue matte script
Vegas gold pants.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ADOKmt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:31 pm

New one, based on Navy's 2013 helmets for the Army-Navy game

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 pm

How about a throwback with the really old logo but with and updated twist.