Tomato....tahmato

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Phat Daddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Tomato....tahmato

Post by Phat Daddy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Several griz fans have mentioned that it wasn't so much losing to the Cats, it was losing to a sub .500 Cats team that wasn't good. I argue this....

If they replace Valparaiso and Savannah with SDSU and Kennesaw for their two FCS non-conference games, they have a good chance of being 5-6. If Cookus, the 1st team BSC quarterback plays in Satan's Lair, they are possibly 4-7.

Give us Valpo, Savannah and a Cookus-less NAU we are possibly 8-3.

Those things will never happen, but they were much more of a 4-7 team than a 7-4 team and I assume that and booster pressure forced Haslam's hand. The Cats? On the upswing.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tomato....tahmato

Post by MSU01 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:41 pm

2017 MSU and 2017 UM are very similar teams. They played the exact same BSC schedule and finished with the exact same record. They both beat ISU/PSU/UNC/UND and lost to EWU/WSU, while UM beat NAU at home and MSU beat UM at home for each team's fifth win.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tomato....tahmato

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Phat Daddy wrote:Several griz fans have mentioned that it wasn't so much losing to the Cats, it was losing to a sub .500 Cats team that wasn't good. I argue this....

If they replace Valparaiso and Savannah with SDSU and Kennesaw for their two FCS non-conference games, they have a good chance of being 5-6. If Cookus, the 1st team BSC quarterback plays in Satan's Lair, they are possibly 4-7.

Give us Valpo, Savannah and a Cookus-less NAU we are possibly 8-3.

Those things will never happen, but they were much more of a 4-7 team than a 7-4 team and I assume that and booster pressure forced Haslam's hand. The Cats? On the upswing.
Explained something like this to one of my Griz friends prior to the Cat/Griz game and he laughed at me. Post game....he took a different tone. 8)

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."