dUMb Move

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

dUMb Move

Post by autocat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Seriously they want to hiring hauck #-o Nothing like decision making and living in the past! This guy was there ten years ago when it was one or two teams at the top of the league standings. Now you five or six teams with a shot to win the league championship. Parity is the quality or state of being equal or equivalent. Bad news griz fans, you're living in the past the big sky conference has caught up to you.

This guy will either be successful and leave again or put the program in the ash heap of history! Maybe Don Read is still available, he could be the offensive coordinator.

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: dUMb Move

Post by 85CatGrad » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm

I don't think it's a given that Hauck will be rehired. He left a pile of garbage the last time he walked out on them.

As a "State" institution, they need to be careful to hire someone that will represent the program and the State of Montana well. No more recruiting thugs, druggies or criminals! Someone with high charachter, a leader, mentor and father figure to those young men. If that's the new Bobby Hauck, then they need to hire him.

GO CATS!

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:32 pm

I wonder if they will start a GoFund Me campaign to hire their next coach. It seemed to work well for their band.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:I wonder if they will start a GoFund Me campaign to hire their next coach. It seemed to work well for their band.
Dang, that is harsh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:I wonder if they will start a GoFund Me campaign to hire their next coach. It seemed to work well for their band.
Yeah but most people like to see and listen to their band.
There is hardly anyone who wants to see Bobby and few enough that care to hear him either.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah, their Go Fund Me campaigns are to ask Denny Washington for some cash. They have been extremely successful with it.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Hauck wouldn't go back and eat his own puke,would he? Really? :sick:
Personally, I'd love it. Adds to the fun. But I'm more concerned about how our own coaching staff is going to get us in the black. We were a kicker and a QB short this year. That close, and our recruiting appears to be solid. The Griz were close too. We are definitely under better leadership, and the institution is in better health. I wish I could resist reading any of these threads having to do with UM?

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

Augustus
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Augustus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:30 pm

Walk-on wrote:Hauck wouldn't go back and eat his own puke,would he? Really? :sick:
?
Yes, but he'd make it seem like he was doing them a favor and that they begged him to come back and save the program.

The man is not well in the noggin.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Personally I think they shouldn't have let Stitt go. I thought his offense was actually pretty good and Jensen is a star in the making.

However that defense was slipping and Semore was proving himself a liability - sound familiar? Only difference is that Semore had only been calling the shots for 2-2.5 seasons depending on who you ask.

I think they should've fired Semore and kept fine tuning that offense.

But the single most important reason they should've kept Stitt is stability. This will be UM's what 5th coach in 10 years? How is a program supposed get any sort of momentum with a coaching carousel like that?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:41 pm

It doesn't really matter who they hire as their next coach, if he looses two games they will be calling for his head on a stick.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:55 pm

CelticCat wrote:Personally I think they shouldn't have let Stitt go. I thought his offense was actually pretty good and Jensen is a star in the making.

However that defense was slipping and Semore was proving himself a liability - sound familiar? Only difference is that Semore had only been calling the shots for 2-2.5 seasons depending on who you ask.

I think they should've fired Semore and kept fine tuning that offense.

But the single most important reason they should've kept Stitt is stability. This will be UM's what 5th coach in 10 years? How is a program supposed get any sort of momentum with a coaching carousel like that?
Yeah I agree. All they needed was changes on the DC side but maybe Stitt wasn't willing to part with Semore is all I can think of. They will now be back to square one with a new coach and rebuilding players to match the new schema again. I hope MSU can keep pace and keep beating their ass for the years to come now. Like someone said above, when they lose again to MSU and don't make the playoffs they'll be calling again for the next coach. I can see the Hauck hire (if true) being a total blunder on their part trying to relive past glory.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:30 pm

I hate seeing so much apparent weight put on a coach over the expected outcome of a single game, or for continuous conference championships. It ultimately leads to overreacting and program churning — because long-term you cannot beat the probabilities.

With relatively evenly matched teams (and barring plain luck), in each 3-year set of rivalry games the most likely outcome is 2-1 and 1-2. Stitt just went 1-2 and it will at some time happen to us. It's not about how good or bad both teams are, it's just that there can only be one winner each year.

As far as the conference, when Hauck was dominating there were only 8 and then 9 teams. Point of interest: there are now 13 teams! It's a whole lot easier to dominate 7-8 other teams than 12, especially with unbalanced scheduling. There is simply a greater chance of more good teams per year when you have 4-5 more teams, and your fate is not always in your hands.

Schools that are saying their minimum expectation is to win the conference pretty much every year are dreaming. At the very least they'd better be collecting an NFL-caliber offensive line, and a Carson Wentz lookalike. Paying the Big Sky schedule makers might not hurt either.

It's much easier to make the playoffs (3-4 chances) than to win the conference. Having a good chance to make the playoffs pretty often is a much more reasonable expectation.

Schools should hopefully not be overreacting to the results of one rivalry game or not winning frequent conference championships. It's just not possible every year.