Do we see any coaches...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Do we see any coaches...

Post by Long Time Cat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 am

Move on? Whether for greener pastures or because they didn’t measure up? I am most worried about Ty moving on but I hope we have him for at least one more year and I would be sick if he left here and went back to the Griz. Another big question is does Armstrong deserve another year? I think he does. No doubt Cats struggled at times but offense was on a roll several times throughout the season and during Cat/griz. In my opinion continually changing coordinators is not a recipe for success. I’m happy if everyone stays but would be surprised if they all do.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Do we see any coaches...

Post by AFCAT » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 am

Long Time Cat wrote:Move on? Whether for greener pastures or because they didn’t measure up? I am most worried about Ty moving on but I hope we have him for at least one more year and I would be sick if he left here and went back to the Griz. Another big question is does Armstrong deserve another year? I think he does. No doubt Cats struggled at times but offense was on a roll several times throughout the season and during Cat/griz. In my opinion continually changing coordinators is not a recipe for success. I’m happy if everyone stays but would be surprised if they all do.

Don't we still need a linebackers coach as well? I can't see any coaches leaving other than the possibility of Gregorak.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:20 am

Ty can't go back to the Griz. He is labeled a traitor. Only place I see him moving onto is a HC job.

I think if this staff stays 1 more year and they make a solid playoff run, we will see some move on. Most of them still need to prove themselves in the FCS realm IMHO.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:13 am

If that incredibly average asshat Gregorek comes back to Montana I will NEVER go to another game. We already took out the trash why bring it back into the house?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:04 am

Hauck's the average asshat that your bringing back, you would be way better off with Ty, but he's going nowhere!

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:32 am

Gregorak's transformation of our defense from the disaster it was in 2015 is a miracle. I'm knighting him. Sir Gregorak Defender of the Realm and Executioner of Thine Smelly Beast from the North.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:41 am

We went 5-6. Very unlikely anybody is moving up.

The defense is not just Gregorak's. Choate has a lot of influence on the defense as well. What Gregorak is really bringing is intensity, good LB coaching, and recruiting. He's a good DC, but our defense is quite different than what he ran at UM.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:42 am

84CatGrad wrote:Gregorak's transformation of our defense from the disaster it was in 2015 is a miracle. I'm knighting him. Sir Gregorak Defender of the Realm and Executioner of Thine Smelly Beast from the North.
Dilly Dilly! :)

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:54 am

Finish the Grind.......I hope Ty sticks to this and at least stays until we make the playoffs.

Punters are people too!!

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:20 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:Gregorak's transformation of our defense from the disaster it was in 2015 is a miracle. I'm knighting him. Sir Gregorak Defender of the Realm and Executioner of Thine Smelly Beast from the North.

One coach is for sure moving on....

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:Move on? Whether for greener pastures or because they didn’t measure up? I am most worried about Ty moving on but I hope we have him for at least one more year and I would be sick if he left here and went back to the Griz. Another big question is does Armstrong deserve another year? I think he does. No doubt Cats struggled at times but offense was on a roll several times throughout the season and during Cat/griz. In my opinion continually changing coordinators is not a recipe for success. I’m happy if everyone stays but would be surprised if they all do.
I really do not understand the fear/worry expressed by so many about Ty moving back across the hill. Why would he (or any other coach) make that move unless it is the head coach position???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 pm

imacat wrote:
I really do not understand the fear/worry expressed by so many about Ty moving back across the hill. Why would he (or any other coach) make that move unless it is the head coach position???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's what people are worried about, Gregorak becoming the head coach. I don't think that's going to happen though, at least at um.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:27 pm

bobcat99 wrote:We went 5-6. Very unlikely anybody is moving up.

The defense is not just Gregorak's. Choate has a lot of influence on the defense as well. What Gregorak is really bringing is intensity, good LB coaching, and recruiting. He's a good DC, but our defense is quite different than what he ran at UM.

The Cats went 4-7 last year and lost the defensive backs coach to Cal and their linebackers coach to UW. The Cats also lost their offensive coordinator to NDSU. It's entirely possible an assistant could leave for a better job, but, other than Gregorak, I don't think it will happen.

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:45 pm

What are the chances TG is HC at NAU after next year?

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 pm

wapiti wrote:What are the chances TG is HC at NAU after next year?
Apparently, not very good.
https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/932832942975356930 I figured this was the biggest chance of Ty leaving as well.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 pm

0% they have a coach in waiting. Plus they still have Cookus so they will be good again.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 pm

110010110 wrote:
https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/932832942975356930 I figured this was the biggest chance of Ty leaving as well.
Whaaat?!! No flipping way! not after the big deal they made about his farewell tour all year!!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:17 pm

technoCat wrote:
110010110 wrote:
Whaaat?!! No flipping way! not after the big deal they made about his farewell tour all year!!
You didn't hear about the yesterday??

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:18 pm

technoCat wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if the griz pull one out of the NAU playbook and announce that the dismissal of Stitt has been reversed? :-^

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:24 pm

RockyBearCat wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:

One coach is for sure moving on....

Best one yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!