Injuries

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Injuries

Post by superbobcat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 am

I know coaches like to keep injuries close to the vest, but what are we hearing on the following:

1. Grant Collins- I love this guy's warrior mentality. Like a lot of players he is such a diversified player and as we can see from the likes of Grant, Andersen, and Kasis, it is so valuable to have. I hope his injury vs. EWU is not one where we lose him for the season.
2. Jake Roper- I couldn't tell in an interview I was listening to , but did Coach say Jake had surgery on his foot and is done this year or was he talking about Hadley?
3. Jacob Hadley- Speaking of him and diversified athletes, I wonder how his knee is healing?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Injuries

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:37 am

I'd also like to know the status of Tyrel Thomas and JoJo Henderson. I think we really missed those guys in the secondary last weekend.

Pretty sure Choate said that Roper is done for the season.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:54 am

I thought I've heard that Roper and Thomas are both done for the year. Could be wrong.

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 am

Didn't Garcia leave late in the game with an injury? If so, we have to be getting real thin in the defensive backfield. Will Konkel be moved back to safety?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 am

Someone said they talked to Thomas' parents and they said he's out for season. MSU says he and Henderson are out indefinitely. Hadley, Roper, D'Agostino and McCarthy are out for season.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:11 am

msuhunter wrote:Didn't Garcia leave late in the game with an injury? If so, we have to be getting real thin in the defensive backfield. Will Konkel be moved back to safety?
Nope, the announcers said that it was Tucker Rovig that got hurt...Rovig played a hell of a game according to the announcers, hope he is OK... :wink:

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:22 am

This is becoming a very significant issue for both sides of the ball. Gillis went out on offense and didn't return. Didn't see Vander. We lost 2 or 3 more on defense(Garcia, Collins, thought I saw 1 more). The depth that I thought had been built and was looking like such a strength on D is being sorely tested. Hopefully Hill is back 100%. Hopefully we can rally like EWU seems to have.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am

technoCat wrote:This is becoming a very significant issue for both sides of the ball. Gillis went out on offense and didn't return. Didn't see Vander. We lost 2 or 3 more on defense(Garcia, Collins, thought I saw 1 more). The depth that I thought had been built and was looking like such a strength on D is being sorely tested. Hopefully Hill is back 100%. Hopefully we can rally like EWU seems to have.
Lewis Kidd held his own at LG for Gillis and, overall, I'm not worried about our offensive line. On defense, our depth is young and relatively untested at nearly every level (DL, LB, and DB). Will be interesting to see how the coaches figure out how to get the best 11 on the field on defense.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 am

VimSince03 wrote:
technoCat wrote:This is becoming a very significant issue for both sides of the ball. Gillis went out on offense and didn't return. Didn't see Vander. We lost 2 or 3 more on defense(Garcia, Collins, thought I saw 1 more). The depth that I thought had been built and was looking like such a strength on D is being sorely tested. Hopefully Hill is back 100%. Hopefully we can rally like EWU seems to have.
Lewis Kidd held his own at LG for Gillis and, overall, I'm not worried about our offensive line. On defense, our depth is young and relatively untested at nearly every level (DL, LB, and DB). Will be interesting to see how the coaches figure out how to get the best 11 on the field on defense.
Yeah I wasn't making a jab at Kidd or anything, just saying that we've been hit on both sides.

I think at LB at least we've rotated quite a few in and out at times. LB - Chapman, Cozzie and McKarthy were at least letting the starters rest. We were doing the same in the backfield until Henderson and Thomson went out. Still have Alley, Washington, Evans, and Cole(no RS) at corner so safety I think is the big question mark. McCabe, Folsom, and Wilson are the only healthy safeties right?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 am

technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Yeah I wasn't making a jab at Kidd or anything, just saying that we've been hit on both sides.

I think at LB at least we've rotated quite a few in and out at times. LB - Chapman, Cozzie and McKarthy were at least letting the starters rest. We were doing the same in the backfield until Henderson and Thomson went out. Still have Alley, Washington, Evans, and Cole(no RS) at corner so safety I think is the big question mark. McCabe, Folsom, and Wilson are the only healthy safeties right?
Yeah I knew you weren't making a jab. McCabe, Folsom, Wilson, and Dre Jackson are our healthy safeties currently.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 am

I thought Wilson got dinged up in fall camp, is he back to full health?

We may need him to be a pretty big contributor if Garcia and JoJo are done for a while. Or do we move Konkol back to S, and Andersen to LB assuming Vander is back this week?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm

SACCAT wrote:
msuhunter wrote:Didn't Garcia leave late in the game with an injury? If so, we have to be getting real thin in the defensive backfield. Will Konkel be moved back to safety?
Nope, the announcers said that it was Tucker Rovig that got hurt...Rovig played a hell of a game according to the announcers, hope he is OK... :wink:
Came here for this. :lol:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:07 pm

In today's press conference, Choate said both JoJo and Tyrel are week to week. Hoping to get both back by next week.
Did not say Tyrel was done for season.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:51 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Yeah I knew you weren't making a jab. McCabe, Folsom, Wilson, and Dre Jackson are our healthy safeties currently.
Oh forgot about Jackson. He's listed as a CB when I looked in my program from PSU. Hope he's ready for some serious minutes!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Hill returns, Collins likely out as MSU continues battling injuries
http://skylinesportsmt.com/hill-returns ... -injuries/