Nick Lasane???

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Nick Lasane???

Post by Marana CAT » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:34 am

It's time for Nick to get 20-30 carries a game. He looks aggressive and focused and ready to be the guy we game plan around first instead of Murray. This will open up opportunities for the WR and bring back the big play factor for Murray on runs. Also we move a fast Anderson to LB full time in order to get Collins the hell out of there and back to Buck End. ](*,)
It's time to ride the LASANE TRAIN!!!

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

topey711
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Nick Lasane???

Post by topey711 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:02 am

Total speculation , but from my vantage point right behind the bench, Collins' shoulder injury appeared to be serious. Trainers tried for quite awhile to put it back in. I'm guessing separated shoulder. That would put him out for awhile if not the rest if the year. Again, just basing off of what I saw.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:39 am

one positive to take away from the game-

Lasane looked really, really good in my opinion. Ran with authority and would hit the hole hard! Definitely our most complete RB. We need to keep feeding him the rest of the season.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:55 am

mslacatfan wrote:one positive to take away from the game-

Lasane looked really, really good in my opinion. Ran with authority and would hit the hole hard! Definitely our most complete RB. We need to keep feeding him the rest of the season.
Did you see the run where he absolutely trucked #22? That was a beautiful thing.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:44 am

I may have missed it somewhere here, Is Nick playing whole or half game against ISU?

IA_CAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by IA_CAT » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 am

kwcat wrote:I may have missed it somewhere here, Is Nick playing whole or half game against ISU?
He'll be eligible to play the whole game as the "penalty" occurred in the first half. Had it happened in the second half, he would have had to sit the first half vs. ISU.

Doug Hammell
BQC Marketing Committee
BQC Website: https://www.msubqc.org/

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:01 am

IA_CAT wrote:
kwcat wrote:I may have missed it somewhere here, Is Nick playing whole or half game against ISU?
He'll be eligible to play the whole game as the "penalty" occurred in the first half. Had it happened in the second half, he would have had to sit the first half vs. ISU.

Thanks for the answer.

desmond1957

Post by desmond1957 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Marana CAT wrote:It's time for Nick to get 20-30 carries a game. He looks aggressive and focused and ready to be the guy we game plan around first instead of Murray. This will open up opportunities for the WR and bring back the big play factor for Murray on runs. Also we move a fast Anderson to LB full time in order to get Collins the hell out of there and back to Buck End. ](*,)
You should be doing handsprings, Collins is "the hell out of there" as you keep posting for the rest of the season.Too bad he didn't measure up to your standards but considering he has started every game as a Redshirt Fr., Soph and Jr. played Buck and MLB 2 totally different positions, had 11 tackles against Weber as a MLB,1 sack and 5 QB hits in the Portland State game as a MLB, was 4th on the team in tackles and busted his ass on every play in every game no matter how hurt he was (did you notice he was playing with a shoulder harness the last few games?) As a moderator maybe you should keep negative comments about Cat players you call out by name to yourself when you don't have a clue as to what they are playing through!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:28 pm

desmond1957 wrote:
Marana CAT wrote:It's time for Nick to get 20-30 carries a game. He looks aggressive and focused and ready to be the guy we game plan around first instead of Murray. This will open up opportunities for the WR and bring back the big play factor for Murray on runs. Also we move a fast Anderson to LB full time in order to get Collins the hell out of there and back to Buck End. ](*,)
You should be doing handsprings, Collins is "the hell out of there" as you keep posting for the rest of the season.Too bad he didn't measure up to your standards but considering he has started every game as a Redshirt Fr., Soph and Jr. played Buck and MLB 2 totally different positions, had 11 tackles against Weber as a MLB,1 sack and 5 QB hits in the Portland State game as a MLB, was 4th on the team in tackles and busted his ass on every play in every game no matter how hurt he was (did you notice he was playing with a shoulder harness the last few games?) As a moderator maybe you should keep negative comments about Cat players you call out by name to yourself when you don't have a clue as to what they are playing through!
Marana CAT is not a moderator (that would be SonomaCat), and the original post was made well before Collins was announced to be out for the year. The post seems to me to reflect more of a desire to get Andersen back to LB as opposed to a slam against Collins.

desmond1957

Post by desmond1957 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:45 pm

You are right I did get the two Cats mixed up but that's not the first time he's posted what he said about Collins recently on this board. I still say it's horsecrap to call out players by name who are busting their butts when you haven't a clue as to the circumstances.

60's Cat

Post by 60's Cat » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:05 pm

desmond1957 wrote:You are right I did get the two Cats mixed up but that's not the first time he's posted what he said about Collins recently on this board. I still say it's horsecrap to call out players by name who are busting their butts when you haven't a clue as to the circumstances.
As Grant’s grandfather, you may be a little over sensitive to some comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:32 pm

desmond1957 wrote:You are right I did get the two Cats mixed up but that's not the first time he's posted what he said about Collins recently on this board. I still say it's horsecrap to call out players by name who are busting their butts when you haven't a clue as to the circumstances.
I just searched Marana Cat's posts back to before the 2016 season began (there haven't been too many of them), and the post in this thread in the only time he has mentioned Collins. There was another post about moving Andersen back to LB, but that post didn't mention Collins at all.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Some folks on this board might have the belief that Grant was more valuable at Buck than LB. Just another POV.

Marana CAT

Post by Marana CAT » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:07 am

desmond1957 wrote:
Chill out Francis!!! My post was about putting "Aces in their places".. Lasane being main ball carrier. Anderson at LB and Grant at Buck End.. I feel that combination gives MSU one of the best chances to win!!! Pretty sure if you asked Grant where he preferred being on the field he would reply Buck End.. Have you watched Anderson and his speed on Defense? He is a pretty good RB however he will be one of the GREATS at LB and has a chance to play on Sunday's if he stays healthy. He is a team player this year. Hopefully he does not have to play that roll next year and plays 90% LB with a few runs here and there at RB..

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:05 pm

topey711 wrote:Total speculation , but from my vantage point right behind the bench, Collins' shoulder injury appeared to be serious. Trainers tried for quite awhile to put it back in. I'm guessing separated shoulder. That would put him out for awhile if not the rest if the year. Again, just basing off of what I saw.
If it was a separated shoulder they would not be trying to put it back in, that would be a dislocation. Shoulder injuries end a lot of careers and leave you with years of pain, (Brad Smith). Rotater cuff, labrum tears and frequent dislocations are painful and hard to recover from, generally requiring surgery. Separations are equally painful. Hope for the best for the young man but that is a very tough road.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire