Playoff Run

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Playoff Run

Post by Mr Lisle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:The Cats would also be 5-2 with your schedule.
Disagree, I think MSU would have lost on the road at PSU and good chance would have lost on the road at ISU. Griz could be overrated. We will see when they play Weber on the road then NAU. I don't think Weber is as good as advertised but NAU can be dangerous. As for MSU making the playoffs....no. But you should beat UNC and kennesaw I think. I'm surprised how positive the fans are with a 6-11 coach at the helm....even Dave Arnold had a better win loss record
Of course this post would come from a fizzlie troll. Already calling for a coaches head in his second season with an entirely new team and staff. Not surprising at all to hear it. If the crap colored team has even one losing season, and its a clear losing season to the talent they have at the player level the griz fans would burn the coaches house down. Shows your lack of knowledge of building a team from the ground up with a completely different approach to doing so. But keep posting if you dont think the Cats would have the same record as the Fizz with the schedule that team has had. haha :-({|=
The reference to coaching records isn't necessarily surprising by now. Support, or lack thereof, comes from many different points of view. For instance, there are those who are very happy with a new, younger coach, full of fire and taking the Cats in a different direction. They like his honesty, brashness, "you are with me or you are gone! attitude. His resume full of experience with powerful FBS programs adds to the confidence of his supporters. They will stay with him longer, knowing that his style and drive brings a better likelyhood of success. On the other hand, there are those who were strong supporters of Coach Ash. His low key, business like style produced the most successful run, at least in terms of wins and losses, in school history. He greatly improved the academics. He also recruited many of the most highly decorated players in school history. I've had discussions with die-hard Bobcats of one type who feel Ashs' failing, a lack of control with the defense and cutting some coaches too much slack brought him down, but the termination was ill advised. They feel had he stayed Prukop would have also and 2016 would have looked more like 7-4. Not out of the question....the griz D coach would have been available. No need to overhaul the whole program when the defense needed cleaning up. Anyway, many of those people are going to be expecting more, sooner.
But as for me, I see it this way. These two fine coaches are not mutually exclusive. I admired much of what Coach Ash did and was sorry to see him go. That doesn't mean I'm not on board with Coach Choate. The cupboard wasn't exactly bare...he did inherit some talent to keep a certain balance until his thing comes together. I'm expecting pretty good things next year partly because of how Coach Choate has the program pointed. If we don't win another game this year, but play hard and reduce mistakes then we are still on track in my book. 2018!
Excellent post. I couldn't agree more.
Thank you Mr Lisle. Spot on but I will admit that no matter how hard we play I'd have a very hard time believing that we are still on track if we don't win another game this year. I am expecting multiple wins yet this year.
You are right JB. I didn't mean to sound like it's okay to lose...ever. Just that if we do, it's not yet the end of my world, temporarily.