I'm not one to usually complain about officiating...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

I'm not one to usually complain about officiating...

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:59 pm

... but that was the single worst display of getting homered that I've ever seen, at any level. When the hometown commentators mention multiple times one missed calls, you know it's bad. If MSU doesn't submit that tape to the conference office, I'll be VERY surprised. What a joke. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Re: I'm not one to usually complain about officiating...

Post by msuhunter » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 pm

It didn't make a difference. 4TOs, horrible redzone offense, and terrible tackling were the issues.

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:06 pm

I agree about officiating...Big Scare referees at their finest...Hard to keep overcoming bad officials too which can cause players to press harder....4 TO's and bad play calling in first half didnt help either....coaches need to quit trying to not lose games, and play to win early on in games with better play calling.

96 Engineering and 99 Education

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:14 pm

3 turnovers inside the 20 yard line lost the game. We are the only team to hold gubrud under 250 the whole year. We had our chances but this team refuses to step on the throat of the other team.

As far as offensive play calling goes, I said it earlier this spring, Armstrong is over matched and always out thinks himself. Armstrong will continue to out think himself until he is removed, good guy and I know him personally, but he isn't gonna cut it. EWU did hurry up and the players were all on the same page, our offense looks confused.

3 TOs inside the 20 are inexcusable and that's on the players mostly.

If your left, you aren’t right.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:16 pm

The cats have nobody to blame but themselves for the loss- terrible play calling, turnovers, stupid penalties....

But yes, I agree it was probably the worst officiating I have ever seen. And that says a lot, cuz the big sky refs have had some doozies over the years.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:19 pm

What was worse- the refs or the announcers? Honest question

FTG- GO CATS GO!

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Got to love when announcer said that was MSU's 1st turnover when it was the 3rd one at that point...they were pretty aweful...but the officials missed some really easy calls today and then called the personal foul on our lineman in 1st half which was aweful.. they didnt know when or when not to throw their flags today.

96 Engineering and 99 Education

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:26 pm

He called tucker rovigs name at least 7 times.... ha

And yeah, the "first turnover of the day" comment made me laugh.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm

It was hilarious that tucker roving got all of the credit on every play Khari Garcia made. Also, some other number 8 took the heat after Murray's first TO. These guys haven't seen a minute of MSU tape before this game.

Edit:ya beat me to it.

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:32 pm

And Anderson looks like he may have played running back in high school or something. Did they watch any footage of the Cats?

Add the continual questions about why we weren't kicking. Again, have they seen any of our games?

As far as the refs: They didn't fumble three times or throw an INT. But they were not good. That's something you have to plan for and overcome in this conference.

BobcatBlood
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BobcatBlood » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

The one I hope they submit is the late hit on Murray in the 4th quarter. He got absolutely trucked well after throwing the ball. That's how players get really hurt. It has to be called.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

mslacatfan wrote:What was worse- the refs or the announcers? Honest question
Announcers can't change the out come of a game. Seeing all the red zone TO's, just makes a person sick. Ref's in the Big Sky have never been very good. But they didn't drop the rock or throw picks. We did. Another one slips through our hands. Damn..... ](*,)

Duane
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Duane » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Big Sky refs consistently suck every game. You just hope your team benefits from the bad calls.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:49 pm

I should have made it clear that it wasn't the reason MSU lost, but it sure did make it harder (and let EWU off the hook at least half a dozen times). Who knows, if that last hit on Murray is called, maybe the play call is different and he doesn't throw the pic. Just never know...

94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:50 pm

BobcatBlood wrote:The one I hope they submit is the late hit on Murray in the 4th quarter. He got absolutely trucked well after throwing the ball. That's how players get really hurt. It has to be called.
=D^

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Duane wrote:Big Sky refs consistently suck every game. You just hope your team benefits from the bad calls.
No, this was way beyond the consistent suckage that we've come to accept at this level. It was abominable.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pm

What a bizarre game.

If before the game someone had said..'the CATS will have the ball on the ewoo 20 yard line and down by 5 with 9 minutes left, I think most MSU fans would have said we'll take it'. However how we got there was ugly, and how it went from there got worse.

This is the first game I would say Coach Choate got 'outcoached'. It seemed like we didn't have an answer on offense or defense. I know statistically holding them to 31 points and 451 yards is better than most, but watching the game it didn't look that way. Their third down conversion rate was amazing for them, shameful for us. On offense it seemed as if the play calling in conjunction with the tempo (i.e. how fast the plays got in) didn't give the offense a chance for success. Who would of thunk that they would have more rushing yards than us and hold the TOP advantage. The turnovers are all on the players, and I've seen better officiating in flag football.

Out of all the issues with this game for the CATS, I hope the coaching staff can take something constructive from it and move forward. GO CATS!

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:05 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:What a bizarre game.

If before the game someone had said..'the CATS will have the ball on the ewoo 20 yard line and down by 5 with 9 minutes left, I think most MSU fans would have said we'll take it'. However how we got there was ugly, and how it went from there got worse.

This is the first game I would say Coach Choate got 'outcoached'. It seemed like we didn't have an answer on offense or defense. I know statistically holding them to 31 points and 451 yards is better than most, but watching the game it didn't look that way. Their third down conversion rate was amazing for them, shameful for us. On offense it seemed as if the play calling in conjunction with the tempo (i.e. how fast the plays got in) didn't give the offense a chance for success. Who would of thunk that they would have more rushing yards than us and hold the TOP advantage. The turnovers are all on the players, and I've seen better officiating in flag football.

Out of all the issues with this game for the CATS, I hope the coaching staff can take something constructive from it and move forward. GO CATS!
And that pretty much covers it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:10 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Duane wrote:Big Sky refs consistently suck every game. You just hope your team benefits from the bad calls.
No, this was way beyond the consistent suckage that we've come to accept at this level. It was abominable.
No question this was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. How about the non-pass interference call I. The end zone in the fourth quarter. The ref was standing 5 feet from the play. The 2 point conversion that was ruled incomplete - or interception, I am still not sure but it looked like we had possession in the end zone. The questionable personal fouls were unbelievable. Poor spots by the refs. We definitely played bad, but if some of those bad calls were different it could have had an impact on the outcome.

Catastrophy11
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catastrophy11 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 pm

It's the Refs fault is Trending 4 - 2