MSU VS EWU Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU VS EWU Predictions

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:09 pm

91catAlum wrote:
marceag wrote:
iaafan wrote:MSU doesn't have a sub-par passing game. Especially against a defense like EWU has. Murray had a bad game vs PSU due to the wind and not throwing more often. He didn't have a pass attempt the entire third quarter and just two the second half. Weber is flat good defending the pass. Their pass efficiency D is 101.8 for the season and Murray was just under that with 98.7. If needed, he'll produce vs EWU. EWU's pass eff D is 143.3.

Ewu has allowed at least 31 points in every game except Fordham. MSU D allowed just 31, 24, and 25 to Wazzu, SDSU and Weber. Yet EWU is getting 49?
Easterns offense is light years better than Weber and SDSU and Eastern is playing at home, which they haven’t had the luxury of doing much this year. Eastern will score 40+...
Are they light years better than Washington State?
was thinking the same thing. I don't have the best feeling about this game, but i'd be shocked if the cats allow 40+

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:13 pm

marceag wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:Eastern scored 48 on the Griz. Our defense is, at a minimum, 10 points better than the Griz D. Plus we will win the TOP battle and rush for 350+ again.

Cats 38
EaGals 34
Eastern scored 48 in the Griz IN Missoula coming off a road trip to NY. They also left 14-17 off the board in the first half of that game..Eastern at home is a different beast now that they are rolling
I'm not sure how you define "rolling" because you really haven't beat anyone in the conference by a very convincing margin. I believe you did get rolled by ndsu at home. How do you know that ewu is better than Weber or sdsu? You haven't played them. How's that nonstarter gateway project working out for you?

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:15 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
marceag wrote:
iaafan wrote:MSU doesn't have a sub-par passing game. Especially against a defense like EWU has. Murray had a bad game vs PSU due to the wind and not throwing more often. He didn't have a pass attempt the entire third quarter and just two the second half. Weber is flat good defending the pass. Their pass efficiency D is 101.8 for the season and Murray was just under that with 98.7. If needed, he'll produce vs EWU. EWU's pass eff D is 143.3.

Ewu has allowed at least 31 points in every game except Fordham. MSU D allowed just 31, 24, and 25 to Wazzu, SDSU and Weber. Yet EWU is getting 49?
Easterns offense is light years better than Weber and SDSU and Eastern is playing at home, which they haven’t had the luxury of doing much this year. Eastern will score 40+...
was thinking the same thing. I don't have the best feeling about this game, but i'd be shocked if the cats allow 40+
No, but Eastern did beat Wazzu last year...and I’m pretty sure Wazzu didn’t bring their A game against MSU (or eastern last year).

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:15 pm

marceag wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:Eastern scored 48 on the Griz. Our defense is, at a minimum, 10 points better than the Griz D. Plus we will win the TOP battle and rush for 350+ again.

Cats 38
EaGals 34
Eastern scored 48 in the Griz IN Missoula coming off a road trip to NY. They also left 14-17 off the board in the first half of that game..Eastern at home is a different beast now that they are rolling
Now you're just making excuses.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 pm

marceag wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
marceag wrote:

No, but Eastern did beat Wazzu last year...and I’m pretty sure Wazzu didn’t bring their A game against MSU (or eastern last year).
Are you really so naive that you think last year's Eastern team is comparable to this year's???!!!

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Cat_gld wrote:
marceag wrote:

Cats 38
EaGals 34
I'm not sure how you define "rolling" because you really haven't beat anyone in the conference by a very convincing margin. I believe you did get rolled by ndsu at home. How do you know that ewu is better than Weber or sdsu? You haven't played them. How's that nonstarter gateway project working out for you?
4 in a row is rolling, who cares about margin of victory...especially when 3 were road games.

Our stadium sucks, no argument there. And yep, NDSU rolled us along with everyone else they’ve played

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:20 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
marceag wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
marceag wrote:

Are you really so naive that you think last year's Eastern team is comparable to this year's???!!!
Eastern absolutely isn’t the same team, but I think Eastern puts more points up against you than Wazzu did

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:28 pm

It will be interesting to see what kind of Game Plan Coach Chote and crew come up with, don't
be surprised if it's outside the Box, they kinda roll that way, it will give the Cat's the best chance
to compete with Eastern. Ask the Grizz form last year.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:29 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
marceag wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
marceag wrote:

I guess here’s my thought, I think Eastern is a much better team than Montana State this year, and Eastern is playing at home which gives them a huge advantage. I think the bobcats are a year away from being really, really good. I think you hit a homerun with your new coach, and TG was a great defense of hire

I think we win this year, but not looking forward to seeing you guys in the next couple years…

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:34 pm

no doubt msu needs to play MUCH better than they have to stay in this game. 40 just seems like a lot to me but I guess we'll see.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:44 pm

marceag wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
marceag wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
marceag wrote:

I guess here’s my thought, I think Eastern is a much better team than Montana State this year, and Eastern is playing at home which gives them a huge advantage. I think the bobcats are a year away from being really, really good. I think you hit a homerun with your new coach, and TG was a great defense of hire

I think we win this year, but not looking forward to seeing you guys in the next couple years…
I think there are maybe 5 to 10 teams in the nation that I would classify as MUCH better than the Cats. So far we have lost by 4 to SDSU #7, a touchdown and 2 to Weber, who will beat you guys, #18 and beat a UND team who was ranked #19, by 3 scores. That one isn't saying as much now but still. Eastern is not much better than the Cats. Better though yes. But the best team doesn't always win. I think this team is at a point where it's either show you can do it now, and if you don't, you're for sure still a year away.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 pm

91catAlum wrote:
marceag wrote:

They are no where near the speed as Washington State on O or D. If the Cats run the ball effectively it will really shorten down the amount of possessions EW is used to getting per game (it is stupid to go shootout like the Griz did with them as it totally tired out their D the second half).

Cats 38
EW 31

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:40 pm

91catAlum wrote:
marceag wrote:

The real question is do you think EWU's defense is in the same league as WSU's? Everyone was dogging them after the game(WSU) but they've proven they are legit. If you can't stop our running game you won't have time to score 40+ against the defense we play.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:09 pm

35-34
Good guys.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Young and less experienced teams tend to play UP and down to competition. We have played up when against the better teams, and not so up to the ones who are our level.I think we play up for this game. In a way, I am more afraid of the games that follow Eastern, then Eastern!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 am

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I have to go with EWU 35-28. They got off to a rough start this season, but I still think they're as good as any team in the BSC, along with WSU probably, and we're not quite at that level just yet. If it was being played in Bozeman, I'd call it a tossup, but I just don't see us getting the W in Cheney.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 am

Aside from Fordham, Eastern hasn't played all that well in any game this year. Not sure why anyone is thinking they're turned it around after a rough start. They've merely gone from playing good competition to playing average competition. The results aren't surprising. They beat a UM team that had a frosh QB getting his first start. They barely beat UC Davis.

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 am

iaafan wrote:Aside from Fordham, Eastern hasn't played all that well in any game this year. Not sure why anyone is thinking they're turned it around after a rough start. They've merely gone from playing good competition to playing average competition. The results aren't surprising. They beat a UM team that had a frosh QB getting his first start. They barely beat UC Davis.
Who have the cats beaten that has given you such confidence that you can win in Cheney? PSU and UND are arguably 2 of the worst teams in the big sky. One could argue that easterns wins in Davis and in Missoula are much better than any win the cats have...

As far as eastern not playing well, it happens with youth, Eastern is one of the youngest teams in conference so you take the bad with the good...especially with who Eastern played and where they played in their first 4 games

We will find out soon enough how good each team is...

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:53 am

marceag wrote:
iaafan wrote:Aside from Fordham, Eastern hasn't played all that well in any game this year. Not sure why anyone is thinking they're turned it around after a rough start. They've merely gone from playing good competition to playing average competition. The results aren't surprising. They beat a UM team that had a frosh QB getting his first start. They barely beat UC Davis.
Who have the cats beaten that has given you such confidence that you can win in Cheney? PSU and UND are arguably 2 of the worst teams in the big sky. One could argue that easterns wins in Davis and in Missoula are much better than any win the cats have...

As far as eastern not playing well, it happens with youth, Eastern is one of the youngest teams in conference so you take the bad with the good...especially with who Eastern played and where they played in their first 4 games

1. I'll give you Davis as a good Win, but Weber also absolutely destroyed them. Who have the Griz played?

2. We're younger than you, and our Freshman and Sophmore's have been extremely impressive.

3. 4 out of 5 games were against ranked opponents, and we held the current #8 team in ALL of college football to the second lowest offense output this season, only beat by USC.

4. We have 0 to lose, and everything to gain... Does EWU have nothing to lose?

If our Defense hasn't given you any reason to pause, it will Saturday, and you're going to be sweating bullets.

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:09 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
marceag wrote:

1. I'll give you Davis as a good Win, but Weber also absolutely destroyed them. Who have the Griz played?

2. We're younger than you, and our Freshman and Sophmore's have been extremely impressive.

3. 4 out of 5 games were against ranked opponents, and we held the current #8 team in ALL of college football to the second lowest offense output this season, only beat by USC. I'll give you this,

4. We have 0 to lose, and everything to gain... Does EWU have nothing to lose?

If our Defense hasn't given you any reason to pause, it will Saturday, and you're going to be sweating bullets.
1. Weber struggled with Sac who Eastern absolutely boat raced...

2. Eastern starts 2 seniors, one on each side of the ball, both teams are VERY young

3. You guys played well against SDSU, I think Weber is overrated

4. very true, and I'd be nervous if this game was in Bozeman

As much as your defense should give us pause, our offense should do the same to MSU...