50-50 report

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mchammer
BobcatNation Team Captain

50-50 report

Post by mchammer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:14 pm

We have had winners claim the prize for all three home games, receiving a total of about $29,5000. The South Dakota State game the winner was a former Bobcat athlete married to another former Bobcat athlete, from Billings. The Weber game the winner was a Bozeman Bobcat Fan, and another local fan collected the prize at the Portland State game. We can't disclose names. Our top pot this year has been $12,666.50, one of the top 5 highest ever. The top was in 2014, $14,300+.

So 50% of the total goes to the winner as a mailed check with deductions the following week. The other half is split evenly between the track team and the Bobcat Club. The track team provides the necessary hustle, and they were particularly energetic during the Weber Game with the homecoming crowd. They can only take $1 per ticket or there would be no accounting system. Sellers account for their tickets sold and intake, which should match. They are assigned areas to sell in. They must stop selling before the second half begins so that we can count the money. We also detach ticket stubs from each strip and mix them well for a random draw.

We have considered an electronic system that would accept credit cards and print your numbers on a small ticket. But this kind of raffle is not legal in Montana yet.

Thanks everyone for supporting Bobcat Athletics by buying 50-50 tickets. Questions and suggestions are always welcome.

Mike Carignan

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 50-50 report

Post by imacat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

mchammer wrote:We have had winners claim the prize for all three home games, receiving a total of about $29,5000. The South Dakota State game the winner was a former Bobcat athlete married to another former Bobcat athlete, from Billings. The Weber game the winner was a Bozeman Bobcat Fan, and another local fan collected the prize at the Portland State game. We can't disclose names. Our top pot this year has been $12,666.50, one of the top 5 highest ever. The top was in 2014, $14,300+.

So 50% of the total goes to the winner as a mailed check with deductions the following week. The other half is split evenly between the track team and the Bobcat Club. The track team provides the necessary hustle, and they were particularly energetic during the Weber Game with the homecoming crowd. They can only take $1 per ticket or there would be no accounting system. Sellers account for their tickets sold and intake, which should match. They are assigned areas to sell in. They must stop selling before the second half begins so that we can count the money. We also detach ticket stubs from each strip and mix them well for a random draw.

We have considered an electronic system that would accept credit cards and print your numbers on a small ticket. But this kind of raffle is not legal in Montana yet.

Thanks everyone for supporting Bobcat Athletics by buying 50-50 tickets. Questions and suggestions are always welcome.

Mike Carignan
Thank you for the update Coach. Word to the wise NEVER buy from the athletes who sell me the tickets. It is the kiss of death. I am out at the first number and in previous years at the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mchammer

Post by mchammer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:16 am

Thanks everyone for the support 50-50 gives our department. We have had a winner claim the prize every game this season. Our track athletes appreciate the opportunity to sell and meet fans. Looking forward to Cat Griz. That will be my last game helping with 50-50 as I am retired from MSU athletics. Track has sold football 50-50 for twenty years.

Mike Carignan.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:20 am

mchammer wrote:Thanks everyone for the support 50-50 gives our department. We have had a winner claim the prize every game this season. Our track athletes appreciate the opportunity to sell and meet fans. Looking forward to Cat Griz. That will be my last game helping with 50-50 as I am retired from MSU athletics. Track has sold football 50-50 for twenty years.

Mike Carignan.
Congrats on your retirement, Mike. Thanks for all you’ve done for Bobcat Athletics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:11 pm

BUMP

Who won the big one? What was the winning number? [-o< be a deserving Bobcat fan.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Walk-on wrote:BUMP

Who won the big one? What was the winning number? [-o< be a deserving Bobcat fan.
I was amazed at the amount. I did not see one person selling tickets, either past the tailgate or in the stands.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

HiLineCat

Post by HiLineCat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:04 pm

I 3was finally able to buy some right before halftime. Didn't see anybody before then.

mchammer

Post by mchammer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 pm

A great day for the Bobcats over UM, 31-23! Yes we had a winner for red 948606, worth a record $16,490. I can't name this person but the winner was a longtime Bobcat fan from Choteau. We set a new record for three sellers with $3,842, and two other teams were close behind. The distance runners sold with cold hands. Thanks everyone for buying. If we are still missing people I apologize. Sellers are assigned to every area and there is always the table under the scoreboard. UM fans bought a lot which helps explain our record. But it sounds like we could sell more if we are still missing people.

Mike Carignan

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:17 pm

mchammer wrote:A great day for the Bobcats over UM, 31-23! Yes we had a winner for red 948606, worth a record $16,490. I can't name this person but the winner was a longtime Bobcat fan from Choteau. We set a new record for three sellers with $3,842, and two other teams were close behind. The distance runners sold with cold hands. Thanks everyone for buying. If we are still missing people I apologize. Sellers are assigned to every area and there is always the table under the scoreboard. UM fans bought a lot which helps explain our record. But it sounds like we could sell more if we are still missing people.

Mike Carignan
Thanks Mike. Happy retiring!

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

kcatz

Post by kcatz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:33 pm

mchammer wrote:A great day for the Bobcats over UM, 31-23! Yes we had a winner for red 948606, worth a record $16,490. I can't name this person but the winner was a longtime Bobcat fan from Choteau. We set a new record for three sellers with $3,842, and two other teams were close behind. The distance runners sold with cold hands. Thanks everyone for buying. If we are still missing people I apologize. Sellers are assigned to every area and there is always the table under the scoreboard. UM fans bought a lot which helps explain our record. But it sounds like we could sell more if we are still missing people.

Mike Carignan

I don't know the 3 working the East Side tailgate were shooting fish in a barrel as we all waited in line to get in.........