On to the Inferno

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: On to the Inferno

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:Last year I was all over our Turn-overs, this year it's lack of execution on crucial plays. We have plenty of talented
Players and Good Coach's . While X's and O's and Johny and Joe's are good for debate. I think it is poor execution on
4 or 5 plays a game , is why we are not 4 and 1 right now . If we can execute in the red zone and get off the field
when we have 3rd and long we will do fine. When we become able to focus and execute a full game, we will be
Formidable !
Precisely. If MSU gets out of its own way, it'll win this game just like it would've won the SDSU and Weber games. Since the MSU defense held Washington State to 31 and SDSU to 24-27, then it should be able to keep EWU under 40. I'm not sure EWU's defense is much better than NDSU's. Just about everyone they've played has had their best offensive day of the season.
BUT... we didn't win those games, and they were at home. Big difference. I'm hoping for a few lucky bounces and having a chance at the end.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm

catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:Last year I was all over our Turn-overs, this year it's lack of execution on crucial plays. We have plenty of talented
Players and Good Coach's . While X's and O's and Johny and Joe's are good for debate. I think it is poor execution on
4 or 5 plays a game , is why we are not 4 and 1 right now . If we can execute in the red zone and get off the field
when we have 3rd and long we will do fine. When we become able to focus and execute a full game, we will be
Formidable !
Precisely. If MSU gets out of its own way, it'll win this game just like it would've won the SDSU and Weber games. Since the MSU defense held Washington State to 31 and SDSU to 24-27, then it should be able to keep EWU under 40. I'm not sure EWU's defense is much better than NDSU's. Just about everyone they've played has had their best offensive day of the season.
BUT... we didn't win those games, and they were at home. Big difference. I'm hoping for a few lucky bounces and having a chance at the end.
BUT...MSU doesn't need lucky bounces and has won on the road. They to not shoot themselves in the foot. Big difference.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:26 pm

I think you guys might be saying the same thing. Biggest problem is mistakes, will win if we clean em up. Won't if we don't.

Maybe one of you is more optimistic about cleaning them up(?) I am not. That has been the most consistent characteristic of the team so far.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:34 pm

No. He's saying MSU needs breaks to win.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

clawman
BobcatNation Letterman

Time of possesion

Post by clawman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:55 pm

FYI

Poss. Time EWU- 23:02 Davis- 36:58
Winning TOP is not the best goal vs the Eagles

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Time of possesion

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:57 pm

clawman wrote:FYI

Poss. Time EWU- 23:02 Davis- 36:58
Winning TOP is not the best goal vs the Eagles
Nobody said it's a a win if you can win TOP. Just that it gives us the best chance. Davis had a chance, a good chance.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Ewu has won the games it should win. I think MSU would be 4-2 with their schedule. They were pounded by NDSU and Texas Tech. They gave NDSU a good game last year.

toM StUber

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Time to come down to earth for the B Cats

Eags 51
Cats 28

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Townsendcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Townsendcat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:05 pm

wbtfg wrote:I have some extra eclipse glasses if anyone needs hem to watch the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need four pair for this game my order is in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 pm

how funny would it be if EVERY bobcat fan going to the game showed up wearing the eclipse glasses.... If there is any way to actually coordinate that, I would be happy to help make it happen...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:Time to come down to earth for the B Cats

Eags 51
Cats 28
If you're really giving 20 points, PM me. I'm sure you're good for it...

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:47 pm

91catAlum wrote:

Eags 51
Cats 28
If you're really giving 20 points, PM me. I'm sure you're good for it...
LOL

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

clawman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by clawman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am

Eags 51
Cats 28
I have not seen the Cats play but have seen all of the Eagles games. That and a little bias I would agree with you until I heard a summary of injuries in the coaches show last night.
The Eagles have 9 starters and 3 reserves injured. With that I'd say Eagles in the upper 40's and Cats 30... maybe

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am

The Eagles look shaky to me. Blown out twice. Once at home by a team (ndsu) they nearly beat on the road last year and once on the road by the kind of team (Texas Tech) they'd beat or push to the limit every year.

Their wins have been less than spectacular. Fordham, Sac, Davis, and UM. All three conference opponents were way above their season averages for total yards. UM's QB was getting his first start and had 358 yards.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:38 am

iaafan wrote:The Eagles look shaky to me. Blown out twice. Once at home by a team (ndsu) they nearly beat on the road last year and once on the road by the kind of team (Texas Tech) they'd beat or push to the limit every year.

Their wins have been less than spectacular. Fordham, Sac, Davis, and UM. All three conference opponents were way above their season averages for total yards. UM's QB was getting his first start and had 358 yards.
It took them a few games to find their groove offensively. They've found it now.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 am

Yes, their offense has looked good, but there's no denying that they're not performing at the same level as last year.

They beat Washington State last year 45-42; lost to Texas Tech 10-56. -49
They lost to ndsu 44-50 on road in overtime last year; lost to ndsu 13-40 at home this year. -21
They beat Davis 63-30 last year; beat them 41-38 this year. -30
Beat UM 35-16 last year; beat them 48-41 this year. -12

They may beat us, but we do have a good chance to win.

Obzerver
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Obzerver » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:51 am

I really don't know what kind of team EWU has...looked really good at times and really not so good at times. They still seem to have the knack at coming from behind and always a danger to score as well as a danger to give up 3rd and looongs and other big plays. We have a problem with turnovers and stupid decisions but our D seems to enjoy flying around taking chances and it's fun to watch. I knew before season I had to have tickets to this game as Choate would be getting MSU in form and this matchup seems to always result in memorable games. Won't blink during this game cause points will be scored...I dunno 47-39?

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 pm

iaafan wrote:Yes, their offense has looked good, but there's no denying that they're not performing at the same level as last year.

They beat Washington State last year 45-42; lost to Texas Tech 10-56. -49
They lost to ndsu 44-50 on road in overtime last year; lost to ndsu 13-40 at home this year. -21
They beat Davis 63-30 last year; beat them 41-38 this year. -30
Beat UM 35-16 last year; beat them 48-41 this year. -12

They may beat us, but we do have a good chance to win.
Eastern lost their 3 starting receivers (including their best player of all time), head coach, OC, and most of the remaining coaches on offense from last year. Best started this year as a first year head coach, and eastern brought in a first year OC...It took some time to get the O going, but its rolling right now. Unfortunately Eastern started the year playing against 2 teams that no one else (except maybe JMU) would have won against either. NDSU is 5-0 with an average margin of victory of 45, Texas Tech is 4-1 in the FBS. Davis is also much improved this year and winning IN missoula is never easy, especially when down 18 at half, but Eastern pulled it off. Come Saturday, you will see a much improved Eastern Offense which is absolutely rolling right now...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Offensively you look good, but as a team (defense, special teams) you're not performing as well as last year. You didn't blow out UM or Davis. I doubt you blow us out. MSU has better defense and better run game than any Bsc team you've played.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:We gutted out a win versus a hungry Portland State team this week, in less than ideal conditions. Next week will probably be more of the same, as we take the trip to Cheney to battle the Eagles. Here are the potential roadblocks we'll have to overcome to walk away with the Victory next week:

1. Gage Gubrud, Kids an NFL Quarterback and he's only a Jr. Scouts have been coming droves to watch him play because he has all the tools to be successful at the next level. Last week Gubrud went 33/53 for 452yds and 6TDs, he also had 2 picks. One coming at the line after a pass was batted by an end, and one on a comeback were the corner read it the whole way and jumped the route.

We'll need to pressure Grubud and keep him from killing us on his feet. Davis did a good job of keeping Gurbrud behind the line of scrimmage by spying him, but they also had 7-8 in coverage 75% of the time and Gubrud still picked them apart. I have no idea what the coaches game plan will be on Gubrud, besides the obvious of keeping him off the field but I hope its a good one.

2. EWU's WR group: Nic Sblendorio and Nsimba Webster tore it up yesterday. Sblendorio is more of a possession receiver like Kupp, he snagged the ball 7 times for 82yds and 1 TD. Webster is the burner, and there was no one on the field who could touch him in a foot race. Webster caught 6 balls for 102yds and 1 TD, his TD was a 71yd bomb where he pulled away from the defense like a race horse.

We can't drop 8 guys back in coverage like Davis did, Gubrud and his receivers will kill us. Going to need some tight Man and a lot of heat on Gubrud next week in my opinion.

3. Ketner Kupp is a Beast and flies all over the field, I'll be glad when there are no more Kupp's at EWU.

4. The Inferno... The godforsaken, eye bleeding red field that will turn you blind if you stare at it long enough. And to make matters worse EWU likes to wear Menstrual Crimson uniforms that blends in with their tampon rug. This game will be hard enough to watch on TV, but all players should wear visors to reduce vision loss.

5. Hostile Enviroment... While I liked what I saw in Grand Rapids, we did well in the dome and took the crowd out of it, Cheney presents new challenges... the Tweaker. These rowdy toothless wonders can generate a lot of noise. They grow them in rural areas of Eastern Washington and send them in on gameday to intimidate the other team. After the Tweakers grow strong enough, they make the journey to Everett Wa to camp in a vacant lot and be on internet TV.
View at your own risk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnQJOKx2tMs

Disclaimer: opinions 4 and 5 are complete satire for people with tight panties.
I was born in Everett. Point 5 is valid.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride