On to the Inferno

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: On to the Inferno

Post by Walk-on » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
marceag wrote:
iaafan wrote:Yes, their offense has looked good, but there's no denying that they're not performing at the same level as last year.

They beat Washington State last year 45-42; lost to Texas Tech 10-56. -49
They lost to ndsu 44-50 on road in overtime last year; lost to ndsu 13-40 at home this year. -21
They beat Davis 63-30 last year; beat them 41-38 this year. -30
Beat UM 35-16 last year; beat them 48-41 this year. -12

They may beat us, but we do have a good chance to win.
Eastern lost their 3 starting receivers (including their best player of all time), head coach, OC, and most of the remaining coaches on offense from last year. Best started this year as a first year head coach, and eastern brought in a first year OC...It took some time to get the O going, but its rolling right now. Unfortunately Eastern started the year playing against 2 teams that no one else (except maybe JMU) would have won against either. NDSU is 5-0 with an average margin of victory of 45, Texas Tech is 4-1 in the FBS. Davis is also much improved this year and winning IN missoula is never easy, especially when down 18 at half, but Eastern pulled it off. Come Saturday, you will see a much improved Eastern Offense which is absolutely rolling right now...
That is why it is imperative to run the ball down the Eagles throats this week. Shorten the game and the number of possessions EW gets in the game and we will have a good chance. The Cats absolutely need to have the KILLER INSTINCT on the ground and in the RED ZONE as we will need to put up more points than we usually do this week. EW gives up 220+ a game on the ground. The Cats need to dictate to them and not the other way around. We have to have good play by ALL 3 phases (O/D/SPECIAL TEAMS). If we can play like we did in the second half of the SDSU game and UND games this is going to be one heck of a fun game to watch.
If our offense and kicking game can eliminate or even reduce unforced errors, I like our chances. But if they continue to choke when they are within view of the end-zone, then it will be a very bad day. Our offense needs to move the chains to prevent the EWU offense from getting too many reps, consequently becoming to familiar with and accustomed to our defense. I think EWU's defense will be forced to stack the box and spy Murray. If so, the Bobcats can destroy them with play action, but only if Murray can handle the throws.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:13 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:Here are some stats from the EWU vs UCD game last week which EWU won 41-38 where EWU had to come from behind and score with < 2min left to win;
*UCD had a TOP advantage of 37 min to 23 min…..+14minutes
*UCD had 551 total yards of offense vs 501 for EWU…..+50 yards
*UCD had no turnovers where EWU threw 2 interceptions….+2 in turnovers
*Here’s the kicker…UCD had 104 (not a misprint) plays to EWU 77 plays….+27 plays.
With those stats even Bob Stit could have beaten Eastern.....oh wait..............

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 pm

AFCAT wrote:
MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
RickRund wrote:
kmax wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/EWUFootball/status/917870316151386112
Not sure where I got the idea but I thought you could not wear uni colors that matched the turf: Boise blue and ewu red?
The NCAA ruled in 2013 it's okay to do that.
When Boise originally joined the Mountain West the conference passed a rule that said they couldn't wear all blue in conference games. When Boise almost left the MW for the Big East the MW dropped the rule. At the same time the NCAA was going to pass a general rule about not allowing uniforms that didn't in some way contrast to the playing surface. That rule didn't pass however and so as Tom said, nothing on the books against it.
I didn't get that memo!!! I was really behind the times.
I thought i heard that was a rule as well. It is a clear advantage for them, i have been to the last game there when they sported the same all red. It was difficult to see guys from a fan standpoint. Its a clear advantage and thats why they are wearing all red. It shouldnt be allowed as no other teams are allowed to have colored fields, so they should have to wear off colored jerseys. That being said it would make it all that much better by beating them into the red turf they call the inferno. The ugliest field i have every watched a game on. Go CATS

I'm not sure how it is an advantage. If it's difficult for the defense to see the players, then it's also difficult for the offense to see the players. Obviously, the quarterback may know where the receivers are supposed to go, but if the receivers blend into the field, then it will be harder to throw an accurate pass. I don't think this has much affect all.
If you dont think it would be difficult as a quarterback to see a defensive back that blends into a field then you are joking yourself. Yes it may be difficult for their quarterback to see his receivers but like you said he knows where they are going to be. But an opposing teams quarterback doesnt always know where the defender will be and it in fact would add difficulties in seeing some at a quick glance. My opinion from watching a game at field level a few years back. I know for sure im not alone in that opinion as well, but i know others will have different thoughts.

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:57 pm

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
RickRund wrote:
kmax wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Not sure where I got the idea but I thought you could not wear uni colors that matched the turf: Boise blue and ewu red?
When Boise originally joined the Mountain West the conference passed a rule that said they couldn't wear all blue in conference games. When Boise almost left the MW for the Big East the MW dropped the rule. At the same time the NCAA was going to pass a general rule about not allowing uniforms that didn't in some way contrast to the playing surface. That rule didn't pass however and so as Tom said, nothing on the books against it.
I thought i heard that was a rule as well. It is a clear advantage for them, i have been to the last game there when they sported the same all red. It was difficult to see guys from a fan standpoint. Its a clear advantage and thats why they are wearing all red. It shouldnt be allowed as no other teams are allowed to have colored fields, so they should have to wear off colored jerseys. That being said it would make it all that much better by beating them into the red turf they call the inferno. The ugliest field i have every watched a game on. Go CATS

I'm not sure how it is an advantage. If it's difficult for the defense to see the players, then it's also difficult for the offense to see the players. Obviously, the quarterback may know where the receivers are supposed to go, but if the receivers blend into the field, then it will be harder to throw an accurate pass. I don't think this has much affect all.
If you dont think it would be difficult as a quarterback to see a defensive back that blends into a field then you are joking yourself. Yes it may be difficult for their quarterback to see his receivers but like you said he knows where they are going to be. But an opposing teams quarterback doesnt always know where the defender will be and it in fact would add difficulties in seeing some at a quick glance. My opinion from watching a game at field level a few years back. I know for sure im not alone in that opinion as well, but i know others will have different thoughts.
So would you say that Sac St and Michigan St have that same advantage?

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 pm

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
RickRund wrote:
kmax wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
RickRund wrote:

This also works the other way when the EW QB is scrambling (about to get sacked) and trying to find open receivers quickly. They will be harder to see as well. I think it does give some advantage to EW, but they could also have a hard time finding/reading their WR's quickly as well.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:09 pm

TV coverage.

I see the game is on Pluto and SWX.
Does anyone know if the game will be carried again on Audience or another DTV alternate provider?

Can't listen out of Sidney either as 93.1 is listed as Bobcat sports network but hasn't carried a game in 2 or 3 years.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 pm

mslacatfan wrote:how funny would it be if EVERY bobcat fan going to the game showed up wearing the eclipse glasses.... If there is any way to actually coordinate that, I would be happy to help make it happen...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have several of them right here and will bring them. The problem is you can't see a freaking thing... Not even the blood soaked feminine hygiene product colored turf (or their High School scoreboard). That a good one tho... I'm definitely bringing 4 pair. \:D/

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:00 am

Wishing safe travels to everyone heading towards Cheney today. We came over yesterday and the roads were mostly dry except for a little wet on the passes The last forty miles into Coeur dalene it rained lots. Not sure there will be any golfing today :(

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Townsendcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Townsendcat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:37 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:Wishing safe travels to everyone heading towards Cheney today. We came over yesterday and the roads were mostly dry except for a little wet on the passes The last forty miles into Coeur dalene it rained lots. Not sure there will be any golfing today :(

Thanks for the road report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 am

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/918888571632738305

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/918888571632738305
:thumbup:

ewuranger29
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ewuranger29 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:how funny would it be if EVERY bobcat fan going to the game showed up wearing the eclipse glasses.... If there is any way to actually coordinate that, I would be happy to help make it happen...

I have several of them right here and will bring them. The problem is you can't see a freaking thing... Not even the blood soaked feminine hygiene product colored turf (or their High School scoreboard). That a good one tho... I'm definitely bringing 4 pair. \:D/
Not sure why you feel like our video board is "high school." Not the greatest picture, but it is definitely one of the better ones in the conference.

https://goeags.prestosports.com/sports/ ... d1543a.jpg

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:40 pm

ewuranger29 wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:

Not sure why you feel like our video board is "high school." Not the greatest picture, but it is definitely one of the better ones in the conference.

https://goeags.prestosports.com/sports/ ... d1543a.jpg
That Video board is pretty nice, but that picture is re-enforcing my point #5.

St George

Post by St George » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Every time I see Roos Field I wonder what they did with all the Kanga's.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Lmao.

"Are we in Canada?"

"Not quite buddy."

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:05 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Lmao.

"Are we in Canada?"

"Not quite buddy."
Might as well be A

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Lmao.

"Are we in Canada?"

"Not quite buddy."
Might as well be A
Do you know how they named Canada?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Buckaroo Bonzi

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:48 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Lmao.

"Are we in Canada?"

"Not quite buddy."
Might as well be A
No , just how to speak Canadian A

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Lmao.

"Are we in Canada?"

"Not quite buddy."
Might as well be A
The Canadian Parliament put a bunch of letters in a hat and a buddy started pulling them out one by one.

The first letter the buddy pulled out of the hat was a C and he announced "C aye!"

The next letter was a N, so he announced "N aye!" Then a D. "D aye!" "C-aye, N-aye, D-aye. Canada-aye!"

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Buckaroo Bonzi

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:50 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Lmao.

"Are we in Canada?"

"Not quite buddy."
Might as well be A
The Canadian Parliament put a bunch of letters in a hat and a buddy started pulling them out one by one.

The first letter the buddy pulled out of the hat was a C and he announced "C aye!"

The next letter was a N, so he announced "N aye!" Then a D. "D aye!" "C-aye, N-aye, D-aye. Canada-aye!"
Gotcha-aye
Borrowed a Heel Horse once from a Canadian and asked him what buttons do you need to push on this horse ? He said
none he's automatic ,just go down the arena , around the corner , rope two feet and say Whoa-aye,and he'll bury his butt
And get back on one. So I go down the arena around the corner rope two feet and say Whoa-whoa - whoa,the horse trickles
Forward and I loose a leg. Went to the Canadian and said I thought you said he was automatic ! He said he is , he's a
Canadian Horse you have to say Whoa-aye.

Go Cat's stay focused, execute on every play and it will be a great Day !