Troy Andersen

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Andersen

Post by PapaG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 am

Wow
RB is deep, so it's understandable, but he's a heck of a back and is an athletic freak in the Big Sky at that position.

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/montanasports/status/917236685280284673

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:04 am

PapaG wrote:Wow
RB is deep, so it's understandable, but he's a heck of a back and is an athletic freak in the Big Sky at that position.

Yeah. Who would've guessed that's where Choate wanted him.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

You posted it already. You win. Congrats. He's listed at both RB and SAM though, so it would seem he's playing both positions at times Saturday.

I just want him on the field in any capacity. He's an elite RB and can catch the ball, too.

What a ride

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm

PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

You posted it already. You win. Congrats. He's listed at both RB and SAM though, so it would seem he's playing both positions at times Saturday.

I just want him on the field in any capacity. He's an elite RB and can catch the ball, too.
Good, a defensive player who can catch the ball and run like the wind. Maybe we get our first pic6. Hope springs eternal.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Apparently Choate wants him at both spots since he said he'll probably play both this week. Nothing should come as a surprise at this point. He was lined up at QB vs PSU, so he might even throw a few passes.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Imagine the impact Choate expects him to have on defense to even consider reducing his impact on offense!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:58 pm

DriscollCat wrote:Imagine the impact Choate expects him to have on defense to even consider reducing his impact on offense!
After seeing him play just a few games as a true freshman, it's evident that he's a legitimate Pac-12/P5 FBS player who isn't playing at that level due solely to him being from a small town in Montana.

What a ride

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by basincat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:14 pm

He's our best running back. Not only is he the best at getting 3 years, he's the only break away threat. We'll need to possess the ball a long time in the game. That means we have to pick up those 2nd and 3rd and 3s. I want him back there for that. Plus, can you really throw a guy who has never played linebacker in an actual collegiate game into the fire against one of the most prolific passers in the country? Or I guess the question would be is it wise? Practice is one thing, but taking bullets from Gage Gubrud is another. He's going to be great wherever, but I want him at RB this game and get worked in a backer later.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 pm

I think there are a lot of reasons for this move, and maybe one of them is that the move to running back was a team move in other words Troy will take one for the team until our RB depth is back. I think Troy has done just that. Imagine being 18, a two-way star out of high school, who played very little if any RB in his HS career (big difference between QB and RB), was recruited on the defensive side of the ball, and one day you get told you are moving to offense and play RB. Coach says he is a super good team player and I have no doubts about that, but maybe his preference is defense and they are honoring that. No matter what the reason, he is a tremendous asset to this team and I am excited to watch him grow and develop into a star player. Kind of like Jacob Hadley, he has made several position moves and once healthy, he may move again, as the guy is quite the physical specimen . Coach Choate and staff really are landing star power and talent in their recruiting. The future is bright!

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:54 pm

I would be willing to bet he has talent at baseball as well. I'm pretty sure he could be on the track team, play both ways in football, Maybe hang with Tyler Hall in practice. We may very well have the Montana version of Bo Jackson. This guy is certainly a special talented athlete. Count our blessings he is a Bobcat!

=D^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Kid's from the smaller schools play many positions on both sides of the ball well. Connor Sullivan
was a heck of a defensive player in High School and could go Buck or LB if asked to, he has the
attitude. While a little rough around the edges when they get to this level, many are all around
athletes with skills and experience at many positions .

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Very true. his prowess in sports for the Beavers is well documented. I might be able to take it to him in bowling though, if I'm on my game..... :wink:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Heard he was a sub-par golfer too.
Maybe he could be on all the teams and single handedly win the Brawl of the Wild Trophy.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:52 pm

He sucks at ping pong though! :coffee:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:53 am

catsrback76 wrote:He sucks at ping pong though! :coffee:
Hell, I was really good at that when I lived in Langford Hall.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:I would be willing to bet he has talent at baseball as well. I'm pretty sure he could be on the track team, play both ways in football, Maybe hang with Tyler Hall in practice. We may very well have the Montana version of Bo Jackson. This guy is certainly a special talented athlete. Count our blessings he is a Bobcat!

=D^
He absolutely could have played point guard for MSU. One of the best BBall players in Montana in a while.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:28 am

Can you imagine the speed he could fly around the LB spot with though? And at 215 he is already as big if not bigger than half our LB corp anyway.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:43 pm

I really like the move to LB is he plays the strong side. I feel like his attributes are straight line power and speed and that will help him there.

Personally I don't think he's our best running back so far. I feel like Vander is the better pure rb. If you gave him as many carries I guess we would know, hope he comes back soon. That said Anderson was still very effective at times and wherever he ends up on the field I think he will make a big impact.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Anderson is a good RB.

He's not our best, or an elite RB though.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:38 pm

MSU's version of Miles Jack... ?

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: