University of Northern Colorado Game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatfan15
BobcatNation Team Captain

University of Northern Colorado Game

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:24 pm

This might be a little early. Myself and some family residing in Colorado currently would like to go to this game. There is conflicting information regarding what stadium it is at. Does anyone have any information as to which one it is at? We want to start booking hotel rooms and purchasing tickets. Some sites say CSU, others say UNC!?!? Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

77matcat
Member # Retired

Re: University of Northern Colorado Game

Post by 77matcat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:35 pm

I have seen tickets available at UNC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 pm

UNC's web site says the game is in Greeley. We're planning on going to this one, too. Always helpful to know where one is going. :wink:

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 pm

I'm going but haven't looked into tickets yet. I assume availability shouldn't be a problem.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

catscat

Post by catscat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm

coloradocat wrote:I'm going but haven't looked into tickets yet. I assume availability shouldn't be a problem.
It hasn't been, but then UNC hasn't been winning until the past couple years.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:59 pm

coloradocat wrote:I'm going but haven't looked into tickets yet. I assume availability shouldn't be a problem.
I'm not worried about availability either. We just need to kennel dogs and get hotel rooms also. Would be nice to have a little more notice [emoji5].

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

CatRowdy

Post by CatRowdy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:48 am

Game has always been @ UNC since we have been going; Nottingham Field
Visitors section is on the UNC side on the northeast end of the grandstand. Correction -- looking at the map on UNC's ticket office the visitor section is now over on the student side were we have always sat; so it's behind the Bobcats.
We usually buy tickets over on the student side (south east) as we are then behind the Bobcats.
Availability has not been a problem but their program is growing so I suspect attendance is growing; still doubt it will be tough to get tickets.
The Alumni Foundation throws a tailgate party at the game -- http://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx? ... alcid=1022
Also there is a Friday night get together in Fort Collins http://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx? ... alcid=1022
There are two hotels across the parking lot from Austins Grill (the friday night party location) Hilton Garden Inn Fort Collins and Cambria Hotel and Suites Fort Collins.

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:16 pm

CatRowdy wrote:Game has always been @ UNC since we have been going; Nottingham Field
Visitors section is on the UNC side on the northeast end of the grandstand. Correction -- looking at the map on UNC's ticket office the visitor section is now over on the student side were we have always sat; so it's behind the Bobcats.
We usually buy tickets over on the student side (south east) as we are then behind the Bobcats.
Availability has not been a problem but their program is growing so I suspect attendance is growing; still doubt it will be tough to get tickets.
The Alumni Foundation throws a tailgate party at the game -- http://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx? ... alcid=1022
Also there is a Friday night get together in Fort Collins http://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx? ... alcid=1022
There are two hotels across the parking lot from Austins Grill (the friday night party location) Hilton Garden Inn Fort Collins and Cambria Hotel and Suites Fort Collins.
I wonder why the Friday night get together is in a different town. Maybe that is where the confusion started.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:29 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote: I wonder why the Friday night get together is in a different town. Maybe that is where the confusion started.
My guess the reason the party is in Fort Collins, with nothing to back it up, is because nobody in Greeley cares about Northern Colorado football. I went to a MSU/UNCU game in Greeley a few years ago and I stopped at a McDonald's the morning of the game to grab a cup of coffee and read a local newspaper. Nothing about the game in the paper. I chatted with an old feller that did ask who was playing. He was a retired professor from the University and had stopped following them years prior.
There was nothing in the town that indicated there was a game, no visible schedules, The only tailgating done was by the MSU Alumni Association.
That's about the time that UNC became UNCU on Bobcat Nation.
Southern Utah is a virtual College football Mecca compared to Greeley.

Might as well stay in Fort Collins for the weekend, maybe you can find some CSU fans to talk football with.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:56 pm

CatRowdy wrote:Game has always been @ UNC since we have been going; Nottingham Field
Thanks for the info! We attended the last UNC game and it was fun! Glad to be able to attend this one as well! Go Bobcats!

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Do most Cat fans sit on this side as well? The students side?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:03 pm

Looks like visitors are sections S and T. I got a seat in S. Looking forward to my first game this year. Hopefully we have a good showing by the team and the fans.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

GoBears
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoBears » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:12 am

Lots of good restaurants in Greeley, especially downtown. Roma's by the campus is good. Grand Lake 16th Street has great beer and good food and is also very close to the stadium. Don't let anyone tell you you have to go to Ft. Collins to only have a good time.

As far as the game is concerned, our defense has struggled all season so your offense should have no problem against us. Our offense is decent but our starting QB, Jacob Knipp is hurt and out with a shoulder injury so we won't be as dynamic. Not sure I want to make a prediction yet.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:28 am

Who has the best craft beer???

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 am

When did Knipp injure his shoulder??

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:52 am

I went to a UNC game several years ago, and while the stadium is tiny (very high school field feel to it), it was actually a great game-day experience. Friendly fans, great seats (because every seat is close), a cool town, and a neat area around it (close to both Ft. Collins and Denver). If you can make the trip, I recommend it.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am

Greely is a great town. Ft. Collins sucks, so does Colorado Springs. They make fun of Greeley for being a cow town. I love cow towns and I make fun of non-cow towns.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:52 pm

iaafan wrote:Greely is a great town. Ft. Collins sucks, so does Colorado Springs. They make fun of Greeley for being a cow town. I love cow towns and I make fun of non-cow towns.
Yes, but people need to know Greeley in no podunk. There's more than 100,000 people in Greeley, it's about 50 miles from Denver and a half-hour to Ft. Collins. The Bear football program is a little like Portland State who has two PAC 12 teams right down the road. The locals really don't take them seriously. Turns out UNC has the second smallest attendance in the Big Sky Conference (24,477=4,895 avg) more than last place Portland State (22,945=4,590 avg).

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
iaafan wrote:Greely is a great town. Ft. Collins sucks, so does Colorado Springs. They make fun of Greeley for being a cow town. I love cow towns and I make fun of non-cow towns.
Yes, but people need to know Greeley in no podunk. There's more than 100,000 people in Greeley, it's about 50 miles from Denver and a half-hour to Ft. Collins. The Bear football program is a little like Portland State who has two PAC 12 teams right down the road. The locals really don't take them seriously. Turns out UNC has the second smallest attendance in the Big Sky Conference (24,477=4,895 avg) more than last place Portland State (22,945=4,590 avg).
Sheesh! I think the Spirit of the West Band takes up more seats at Bobcat games than the entire average football attendance at UNC games.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

GoBears
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoBears » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:46 pm

iaafan wrote:When did Knipp injure his shoulder??
Against N.Dakota a couple of weeks ago. He will be out six weeks.