Daly not kicking or punting at all this weekend...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Daly not kicking or punting at all this weekend...

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:33 pm

"Unfortunately, I am no longer able to punt and kickoff" for the Bobcats, Daly wrote in a Facebook post.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky- ... user-share

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Long Time Cat

Re: Daly not kicking or punting at all this weekend...

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Quarterback Chris Murray is listed as Daly's backup at punter on MSU's latest depth chart.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:47 pm

That story and and post seems strange, like there's a lot more to the story but none of us kno. He was supposed to still travel to UND to punt and handle kickoff duties I believe. So he has either decided to pass on that or the coaches have mixed things up even more. Still strange though.

Sorry this is an edit:

I just saw it was a coaches decision and Daly was disgruntled with it and aired it on Facebook.

kcatz

Post by kcatz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:21 pm

perhaps the former kicker/punter for Montana State should refrain from talking about his coaches on his open to anyone Facebook page........

](*,) ](*,)

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:23 pm

Hard to know what happens behind closed doors, but I know choate has very little tolerance for "locker room lawyers" and "me guys"

Airing laundry Facebook seems to fall under both these categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 pm

wbtfg wrote:Hard to know what happens behind closed doors, but I know choate has very little tolerance for "locker room lawyers" and "me guys"

Yeah after those posts I wouldn't be shocked if he is no longer with the team.

Could be wrong but it seems like he got benched for poor play, didn't want to help the team in the way Choate wanted him to (kickoff duties, etc.) and went on Facebook to complain.

Regardless shows a lack of maturity especially from a guy that got a second chance.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:35 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Hard to know what happens behind closed doors, but I know choate has very little tolerance for "locker room lawyers" and "me guys"

Could be wrong but it seems like he got benched for poor play, didn't want to help the team in the way Choate wanted him to (kickoff duties, etc.) and went on Facebook to complain.

Regardless shows a lack of maturity especially from a guy that got a second chance.

http://youtu.be/H27l-de9OjI

UMGriz75
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by UMGriz75 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 pm

I'd guess that "something" is hitting the fan tonight.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:

Definitely poor display of maturity from a senior.
I am wondering if he got bumped so that a player in some other position could make the trip rather than him not wanting to help the team.
However after seeing his tweet one can't help but wonder if it did have something to do with his attitude.
Regardless of how it went down that is very immature.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:25 pm

That's all we need is a prima donna breaking up the "team" concept of this group...good riddance if that's the case....he'd make it about a day and a half in the NFL...Sounds like Ryan Leaf!

2024 Resume dominance

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Mr. Daly had an Instagram post as well after the Gold Rush game that he quickly took down, but made the rounds about campus. Pretty disparaging toward us the fans - essentially called Bobcat fans haters and traitors. I can only imagine that played some part in him losing some work as well.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 pm

What we love, and hate, about sports is the human side. Hopefully all that ails Daly is immaturity.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49 pm

KittieKop wrote:Mr. Daly had an Instagram post as well after the Gold Rush game that he quickly took down, but made the rounds about campus. Pretty disparaging toward us the fans - essentially called Bobcat fans haters and traitors. I can only imagine that played some part in him losing some work as well.
Haters and traitors in reference to what? I thought the energy was awesome at the game in the second half especially.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:11 am

Weird situation, I hope he isn't off the team for good as he is a talented player and great on kickoffs. I do think Choate made the right decision initially - unless there's a huge gap in talent, I would prefer to have two different players handle the kicking and punting duties so both players can have a single focus on something that isn't anywhere near as easy as it might look.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 am

lutecat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:Mr. Daly had an Instagram post as well after the Gold Rush game that he quickly took down, but made the rounds about campus. Pretty disparaging toward us the fans - essentially called Bobcat fans haters and traitors. I can only imagine that played some part in him losing some work as well.
Haters and traitors in reference to what? I thought the energy was awesome at the game in the second half especially.

He posted a picture of the packed stadium with the caption, "Just a picture of thousands of disloyal fans/haters." Dunno what the whole story is. The picture is facing the EZ, so I dunno if he was pissed at the student section for something, or everyone in general because people were upset he hasn't been able to hit a FG all year :shrug:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:51 am

Coach Choate could have very easily decided not to give him a second chance. You'd like to think a kid would be appreciative and doing everything possible to make good on that second chance. Instead Daly goes out, doesn't perform and then throws the coaches and fans under the bus. I think he's pretty much sealed his fate and will never see the field again.

Difficult to have too much sympathy for someone who seems to create their own drama and then try to play the victim role.

Best of luck to him.
Last edited by wbtfg on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:00 am

I wasn't really sold on him coming back based on the circumstances of why he wasn't here besides the injury. But there was enough of a gray area there that I was willing to go with Choate as to letting him back on the team but I'm a little concerned that this might turn into kind of a Cancer in a locker room if it's not handled quickly and maybe this is it being handled

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:23 am

Next man up! I think Gabe Peppinger can handle the duties just fine. He is very well grounded, and all about being a team player. Go get em Gabe!

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm

KittieKop wrote:
lutecat wrote:

He posted a picture of the packed stadium with the caption, "Just a picture of thousands of disloyal fans/haters." Dunno what the whole story is. The picture is facing the EZ, so I dunno if he was pissed at the student section for something, or everyone in general because people were upset he hasn't been able to hit a FG all year :shrug:

There was a drunk clown behind me yelling insults at Daly, but I doubt Daly heard them. Of course, I have no clue what happened after the game of elsewhere in the stadium. Too many people confuse being a hardcore fan with actually being a member of the team. I try to abstain from criticizing individual players directly since these are college kids/young men and not professionals. I do get caught up once in a while in the excitement though. I hope Daly figures everything out and gets back on the team. He is a good kicker, punter, and Bobcat.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm

I drunk clown? like a literal clown with face paint? That sounds terrifying.