MSU VS UND Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU VS UND Predictions

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:17 pm

iaafan wrote:Weber is a lot like MSU. Hill and Choate are similar. I think they coached together somewhere. That's the toughest game on our schedule.
I assume you mean toughest from here on out, and even that I'd disagree. Didn't they just barely squeak by Sac State? They may be pretty good but tough to say who the pretenders are in the Big Sky right now. I don't think Weber is quite the caliber of an SDSU right now.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Yeah, toughest remaining game. Who do you think is better?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:22 pm

iaafan wrote:Yeah, toughest remaining game. Who do you think is better?
Honestly I think EWU is right now. I know there aren't a lot of facts to back that up but It's just my opinion that they will start showing people how good they are this weekend. Another great group of receivers, a good O line, and possibly the best QB in the conference. Also, their D line might be the best in the Big Sky. Then between PSU, UNC, Ken, NAU, and UM I really have no idea how good those teams are but they've all shown flashes.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 pm

catatac wrote:
iaafan wrote:Yeah, toughest remaining game. Who do you think is better?
Honestly I think EWU is right now. I know there aren't a lot of facts to back that up but It's just my opinion that they will start showing people how good they are this weekend. Another great group of receivers, a good O line, and possibly the best QB in the conference. Also, their D line might be the best in the Big Sky. Then between PSU, UNC, Ken, NAU, and UM I really have no idea how good those teams are but they've all shown flashes.
If this group of receivers is great for Eastern, what were Kupp, Bourne and Hill? Gubrud has not been good this year. People can say, well he was slinging it against Fordham last week. And while he did rack up yards and TDs, he also turned the ball over twice. And Fordham's D isn't anything special. It'll be interesting to see how their D fares this week also. They had 10 sacks last week, so you know that facet is good, but how good? Not as good as they looked last week I don't think. They have an unenviable schedule. They will have tough games at UM, at Davis, home against MSU, at SUU, home against Weber, at UND and home against PSU. They have the toughest schedule in the conference this year. No way they get out better than 5-3.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Eastern is average. UM will beat them handily despite using a freshman QB.

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 pm

iaafan wrote:Eastern is average. UM will beat them handily despite using a freshman QB.
We will see. Valpo and SSU are literally among the worst D1 teams in the country and both gave the Griz more trouble than the final score would indicate.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Sotallytober wrote:
iaafan wrote:Eastern is average. UM will beat them handily despite using a freshman QB.
We will see. Valpo and SSU are literally among the worst D1 teams in the country and both gave the Griz more trouble than the final score would indicate.
That's certainly true for Valpo, and I know what you mean about SSU. They certainly could have kept that game close for awhile if they had finished their drives, but I think it's hard to say that they "gave the Griz trouble" when the final score was 56-3. :lol: I don't think we really know anything about UM yet, after playing one team that is at an infinitely higher level than them, and two teams that are (or at least should be) at an infinitely lower level.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:12 pm

What's "Handily"? Depending on how many points you're talking I may be willing to put a bottle of Crown on that.... 8)

IHATEHIPPIES
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by IHATEHIPPIES » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:14 pm

MSU: 35
ND: 10

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 pm

MSU 20
NoDak 24

Hope I'm wrong.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:33 pm

catatac wrote:
What's "Handily"? Depending on how many points you're talking I may be willing to put a bottle of Crown on that.... 8)
Eastern Will beat Montana. I'll put anything you want on that, PM me iaafan and let me know what you're willing to wager.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:43 pm

I don't gamble with anything of monetary value. However, if I'm wrong I'll come back here and say "I was wrong, you were right."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:04 pm

iaafan wrote:I don't gamble with anything of monetary value. However, if I'm wrong I'll come back here and say "I was wrong, you were right."

I bet I can get you gambling by the end of the day! I will give you 10-1 odds...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:24 pm

MSU 21
UND 28

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

FTG06'
Member # Retired

MSU VS UND Predictions

Post by FTG06' » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 am

Cats 31
The Whioux 20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:57 am

With all their injuries I think Cats win a tight game and show more overall improvement.
31 28 Cats.

GO CATS!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:49 am

[quote="seataccat"][quote="catatac"][quote="iaafan"]Eastern is average. UM will beat them handily despite using a freshman QB.[/quote]

What's "Handily"? Depending on how many points you're talking I may be willing to put a bottle of Crown on that.... 8)[/quote]
Eastern Will beat Montana. I'll put anything you want on that, PM me iaafan and let me know what you're willing to wager.[/quote]

I was wrong, you were right. I still don't think Eastern is all that good. I misjudged UM. Even though they were up I wasn't confident and had a feeling EWU might comeback.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 am

iaafan wrote:
seataccat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Eastern Will beat Montana. I'll put anything you want on that, PM me iaafan and let me know what you're willing to wager.
I was wrong, you were right. I still don't think Eastern is all that good. I misjudged UM. Even though they were up I wasn't confident and had a feeling EWU might comeback.
At halftime, I would have been willing to put money on EWU coming back and winning. They moved the ball effectively the entire first half, but they just couldn't finish drives. Gubrud overthrew guys who were wide open in the EZ a couple of times, they went for it on 4th and goal once and didn't make it, missed a short FG, etc. That game should have been very close at halftime, and I just had a feeling that UM's offense would falter a bit in the 2nd half (turns out they faltered a lot), so that if EWU quit shooting themselves in the foot, it would be there for the taking for them.

I honestly don't know if EWU is that good, or UM is that bad, but being outscored 42-10 after halftime (before the late garbage TD) at home, by any team, is not a good look for the Griz. Remember when they used to be practically invincible at home? It seems that those days are long gone. I never thought they'd have a coach named Bob that I hated more than Hauck, but I take great joy in seeing that "legend in his own mind" Stitt lose in a humiliating fashion like they did on Saturday. At least Hauck had a reason to be arrogant, based upon his very successful record. Stitt....not so much.

It's gonna be "put up or shut up' time for him very soon. By next year, he won't have any excuses any more...he'll be playing with almost all of his own players, so he can't complain that Delaney left the cupboard bare, they've had their full complement of schollies back for a few years now, and his players will have had plenty of time to learn his "intricate and innovative" offensive system (said in a way that is dripping with sarcasm). A question for Griz fans...going for it on 4th down, at your own 35 yard line, with 5 minutes left in a one score game...is that still classified as being innovative (again...dripping with sarcasm)?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 am

That's how I saw it too John K. Even though I was up 18 on my gentleman's bet I was thinking ewu would make it close at least.

Anyone know the last time a team came back from 18 down vs UM at WGS and won? Has that ever happened?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 am

iaafan wrote:That's how I saw it too John K. Even though I was up 18 on my gentleman's bet I was thinking ewu would make it close at least.

Anyone know the last time a team came back from 18 down vs UM at WGS and won? Has that ever happened?
Here's another one....that was their 4th straight conference loss dating back to last season. When was the last time they lost 4 straight conference games? I'd have to guess that probably hasn't happened since 1985, before the "birthplace of football" (Wa-Griz Stadium) opened. Meanwhile, our win over UND was our 3rd straight conference win.