It's almost the end of Summer Mr. Costello

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

It's almost the end of Summer Mr. Costello

Post by AFCAT » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 pm

I just wanted to bump this up since the end of summer is quickly approaching. Looking forward to seeing the facilities plan very, very soon Mr. Costello. Until then, bring on the Cougars!

June 30th 2017

"Costello assured a long-awaited facilities plan could be released “in the next couple weeks” or by at least the end of summer. While those ideas are being kept hidden thus far, Costello said with certainty that this is geared toward winning more Big Sky championships."

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... fb8c1.html

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: It's almost the end of Summer Mr. Costello

Post by iaafan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Summer ends on September 22.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:18 pm

They already released the plans of the new practice field, East side bleachers and coaches offices/weight room/student athlete facility. Very impressive. One of the best dreams I had all summer. Then I woke up and realized at least one more season of rust colored bleachers. Haha!! Hurry up Cats, time is running out.

Punters are people too!!

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Not expecting much from this guy. Hope he proves me wrong and releases a dynamite plan but based on my dealings with him and what he has accomplished thus far, I won't hold my breath.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Clinton T wrote:Not expecting much from this guy. Hope he proves me wrong and releases a dynamite plan but based on my dealings with him and what he has accomplished thus far, I won't hold my breath.
I assume you have a few mil burning a hole in your pocket. You should call him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:10 pm

How does that new track look?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Clinton T wrote:Not expecting much from this guy. Hope he proves me wrong and releases a dynamite plan but based on my dealings with him and what he has accomplished thus far, I won't hold my breath.
Unfortunately, and I truly mean unfortunately, I've heard the exact same. Really wish it wasn't the case and would love to be proven wrong

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:21 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Unfortunately, and I truly mean unfortunately, I've heard the exact same. Really wish it wasn't the case and would love to be proven wrong

From everything I've heard he was a pretty integral part of SDSUs massive facilities upgrades, so not sure why people think he can't make it happen here.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:22 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

From everything I've heard he was a pretty integral part of SDSUs massive facilities upgrades, so not sure why people think he can't make it happen here.
He was, but I haven't heard the best of reports from MSU. I really hope it works and he rocks it.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:29 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

He was, but I haven't heard the best of reports from MSU. I really hope it works and he rocks it.

It's hard to do anything without donor support also. Not calling you out, just saying if people aren't willing to shell out you can't pay for much.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

It's hard to do anything without donor support also. Not calling you out, just saying if people aren't willing to shell out you can't pay for much.
I get it. I didn't post to be popular. Just what I had heard and seen.

I truly and 100% wish him success, it would be asinine to suggest otherwise.

And I agree, without major athletic donor support his job is insanely hard. And MSU has done such a fantastic job of getting large academic donors I'm not sure what is left for athletics.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:50 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

True, but what are we donating money to? There is no plan out yet. I'm more than willing to donate some cash if I knew what the facilities plan was.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:55 pm

AFCAT wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

True, but what are we donating money to? There is no plan out yet. I'm more than willing to donate some cash if I knew what the facilities plan was.
Very true, and hopefully the money comes in once the plan is out. I can't donate a ton but when I do I'm happy to give my money and trust it's going to something important. I would probably be a bit more cautious if I had a lot to donate, but you can always specify where your money goes too.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:28 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Very true, and hopefully the money comes in once the plan is out. I can't donate a ton but when I do I'm happy to give my money and trust it's going to something important. I would probably be a bit more cautious if I had a lot to donate, but you can always specify where your money goes too.
I'm with you. I donated to the EZ Project (not a lot, but hell, there were only 700 of us for that!) Haven't seen a thing, heard a word other than to look out for the elusive facilities plan that's yet to materialize. Can't donate (won't donate) unless I'm asked and know what I'm donating to! I get it takes a little to get on your feet and get organized, but its been over a year and you're dealing with one of the top donor bases in FCS football. Its not like he's at an upstart college. I'm getting tired of waiting.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:37 pm

KittieKop wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I'm with you. I donated to the EZ Project (not a lot, but hell, there were only 700 of us for that!) Haven't seen a thing, heard a word other than to look out for the elusive facilities plan that's yet to materialize. Can't donate (won't donate) unless I'm asked and know what I'm donating to! I get it takes a little to get on your feet and get organized, but its been over a year and you're dealing with one of the top donor bases in FCS football. Its not like he's at an upstart college. I'm getting tired of waiting.
I'd like to point out that you pointed out that only 700 donated to EZ. That number is pathetic beyond all recognition. The same night that was announced, there were 800 people at a fundraiser for the L&C Humane Society. I'm still not over it. There are many many many Cat fans that talk a big game but actually got no game. At all. I'm positive that what Costello is seeing all summer.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I'd like to point out that you pointed out that only 700 donated to EZ. That number is pathetic beyond all recognition. The same night that was announced, there were 800 people at a fundraiser for the L&C Humane Society. I'm still not over it. There are many many many Cat fans that talk a big game but actually got no game. At all. I'm positive that what Costello is seeing all summer.
I think this misses the point entirely. The point is, only 700 donors were needed do the biggest renovation/expansion to Bobcat Stadium in years.
If we could get an actual plan, renderings of planned renovations, and a rough price tag, the donation gathering from the average fan/booster can begin and would most likely gain steam quickly. Fans and boosters alike are more than ready to do something about the rust bucket that is referred to as the east bleachers. I realize conversations are happening with big time donors and they're vital, but I'm sure that they'd be able to pool a couple million from the average fan and booster donating a few hundred here and maybe a thousand there.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:50 pm

I know they have to court the big donors, but I'm usually really disappoined in the social events MSU and the Bobcat Clubs offer. Wine events and golf tourneys - not exactly things that are pulling new people into the fold. The outreach for donors is really pretty pathetic - and has been as far back as I remember. Hell, start getting people into some sort of sponsorship program toward something at a $10/month thing or something. Yeah, 700 people is pathetic, but those 700 also ponied up what, $6 mil? But there was a purpose and a push behind it, neither of which we have right now. I sincerely hope there's something in the offing. We need the big $1 million donors, but if you could pull in 1500 people willing to do $10 a month in a recurring paying plan, you're pulling in $200,000 a year from the little guys. If you would have gotten after those of us giving even $250/yr to the EZ project to continue donating to a stadium improvement/practice field/etc account after those pledges were paid off, there'd easily be $1 million or more in seed money for something. We seem to spend a lot of time chasing the big fish and occasionally catch one, but thousands of little ones are getting away every day!

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I think this misses the point entirely. The point is, only 700 donors were needed do the biggest renovation/expansion to Bobcat Stadium in years.
If we could get an actual plan, renderings of planned renovations, and a rough price tag, the donation gathering from the average fan/booster can begin and would most likely gain steam quickly. Fans and boosters alike are more than ready to do something about the rust bucket that is referred to as the east bleachers. I realize conversations are happening with big time donors and they're vital, but I'm sure that they'd be able to pool a couple million from the average fan and booster donating a few hundred here and maybe a thousand there.
I didn't miss your point and I'm not disagreeing. I took an opportunity to call out the 10's of thousands of Cat fans that had a complete plan with every question answered and still chose not to make a donation. God help Mr. Costello on this effort.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:01 am

You'd think that with Trump being president and the stock market roaring along that people would be lining up to donate.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:01 am

TomCat88 wrote:You'd think that with Trump being president and the stock market roaring along that people would be lining up to donate.
I'm prepared to make a 3 figure donation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk