FB Live Practice today @ 11

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

FB Live Practice today @ 11

Post by CelticCat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:29 am

https://www.facebook.com/ncaafcsfootball/

I read it on the MSU Cats Twitter page this morning. SFA is live right now.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: FB Live Practice today @ 11

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 am

May was not with the QB's?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 am

Hawks86 wrote:May was not with the QB's?
Not when I was watching he wasn't.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:21 am

And Hill was out there with the linebackers today, so I don't think he is hurt as some mentioned on the other thread.

If your left, you aren’t right.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:21 am

Couple things I've noticed so far while watching:

- Luke May is now wearing a white (defense) #16 jersey and didn't take any reps at QB. This tells me that the coaches want him on the traveling team and will likely work him in at safety or corner during practice. Will likely be a key special teams player.

- Josh Hill is practicing. He wasn't listed on the depth chart after Saturday's scrimmage but he was taking live reps with the #1 defense during team period (unless I saw a wrong number). Anyway, he doesn't appear to be injured.

- Our true freshman defensive lineman (Kyle Rygg, Travis Yates, Jaxen Hashley, Eta Leota) are not small individuals. Saw Jaxen walking around on the sideline and I just don't see how he isn't playing offensive line by the end of his career. He is just getting too damn tall for the defensive line.

- Liked how freshman linebackers Tadan Gilman, Sal Aguilar, and Jackson McCleery all moved. Crazy that we got Aguilar and McCleery as walk-ons.

- Chad Kanow was taking linebacker reps and this is likely due to the fact he may play the Will spot down the road.

- Chris Murray is throwing lasers and his delivery is much more compact/quicker.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:44 am

VimSince03 wrote:Couple things I've noticed so far while watching:

- Luke May is now wearing a white (defense) #16 jersey and didn't take any reps at QB. This tells me that the coaches want him on the traveling team and will likely work him in at safety or corner during practice. Will likely be a key special teams player.

- Josh Hill is practicing. He wasn't listed on the depth chart after Saturday's scrimmage but he was taking live reps with the #1 defense during team period (unless I saw a wrong number). Anyway, he doesn't appear to be injured.

- Our true freshman defensive lineman (Kyle Rygg, Travis Yates, Jaxen Hashley, Eta Leota) are not small individuals. Saw Jaxen walking around on the sideline and I just don't see how he isn't playing offensive line by the end of his career. He is just getting too damn tall for the defensive line.

- Liked how freshman linebackers Tadan Gilman, Sal Aguilar, and Jackson McCleery all moved. Crazy that we got Aguilar and McCleery as walk-ons.

- Chad Kanow was taking linebacker reps and this is likely due to the fact he may play the Will spot down the road.

- Chris Murray is throwing lasers and his delivery is much more compact/quicker.
I saw a Skyline tweet about James Campbell. Says he looked quick. Did you see him?

Murray has come a long ways. He looks like Prukop. Needs to be more focused in practice and when things are going well, but is money under pressure.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 am

Agreed, I see him playing RT next season, maybe even cracks the 2-deep there

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 am

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/900048824202215424

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 pm

This may have been the trigger to move May.
https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/900040936146653184

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:

Our tackles for the foreseeable future are Lewis Kidd at left tackle and Mitch Brott at right tackle. I would like it if Jaxen got acclimated to the strength program for a few years to get his legs under him. He grew a lot during his high school career so I hope the staff moves him along patiently the first few years. He can still make it as a defensive lineman at end or tackle.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

Our tackles for the foreseeable future are Lewis Kidd at left tackle and Mitch Brott at right tackle. I would like it if Jaxen got acclimated to the strength program for a few years to get his legs under him. He grew a lot during his high school career so I hope the staff moves him along patiently the first few years. He can still make it as a defensive lineman at end or tackle.
Was Kidd practicing today? Got helped off on Saturday...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

Was Kidd practicing today? Got helped off on Saturday...
Did not see Lewis Kidd practice. The o-line groups were split between these two groups:

1st Team - Mahoney, McFetridge, Neale, Gillis/Tuiasosopo, Brott
2nd Team - (presumably Kidd), Wood, Redd, Gillis/Tuiasosopo, Hammock

The other group at the opposite side of the field was Wade Webster, Jake Sessions, Sean Hatten, Jarrod Asche, Denver Krone, and Brody McKnight. I'm surprised Wade Webster didn't beat out Connor Wood. When MSU recruited Wade, I loved his size but didn't like his feet. He is a redshirt junior and couldn't beat out a true freshman (Wood) and redshirt freshman (Tuiasosopo/McFetridge) at guard or push for time at right tackle behind Brott (who's primary backup is Colin Hammock - a walk-on redshirt sophomore).

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:26 pm

regarding Webster being beat out by several younger guys....

Seems to be a fairly general theme that "Choate Recruits" are beating out "Ash Recruits"............... I do not believe this is due to choate favoring his recruits either, I think it just shows that this current coaching staff is just that much better at recruiting.

For example- I know the star ratings don't really mean crap.... but I remember it being a big deal if Ash was able to get a 3 star recruit.... It seems like every single recruit that Choate is getting is a 3 star! (not including MT kids)

Again, I don't think Coach Ash (and staff) were bad at recruiting, they did a good job..... But from what I can see, Choate and Company are at a whole different level.

FTG- GO CATS GO!