Spokane Newspaper sez...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Spokane Newspaper sez...

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:31 am

catatac wrote:
exppi wrote:I think Elu Leota will as well.
Sounds like he is turning heads. It's interesting that now all of a sudden we seem to be very deep and talented up front, I count 14 solid D Lineman right now. Almost wonder if it would be better to red shirt Elu or perhaps some position moves out of the D Line might be in order?
My Gosh , if we could have a three deep rotation with talent on the D line so they could play like
their hair's on fire for an entire game ~ what Havoc that would create for opposing offense's and
how fun would it be to play the back end of that kind of defensive line. Can you say Turn-Overs.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:49 am

6. Weber State (Nov. 4 in Cheney) – The Wildcats (ranked 22nd in the FCS media preseason poll) are one of the biggest mysteries in the preseason, but things should be clearer by November. Coach Jay Hill went 6-2 in the Big Sky last season, albeit against an easy schedule. The Wildcats lost some key personnel (QB is the biggest issue) but return 14 starters.

I'm so tired of this easy schedule crap, Weber played 3 of 4 of the other top teams that finished in the top 5 (UND, SUU and Poly) and went 2-1 against them, two of those three games on the road including an 8 point loss to Co-Big Sky champ North Dakota. As a matter of fact the only team in the top 5 we didn't play was Eastern. :roll:

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:20 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:Since this "data" makes about as much sense as analytics, don't most successful programs promote from within? Case in point: What would McGhee's playoff career numbers been had he been afforded the luxury of one offensive coordinator while he played? The kids at Eastern have virtually the same coaches, same playbook and same routine.

How many transfers and freshmen are going to come in and make an impact this year for the Cats? Realistically?
Are you asking how we are going to be improved with any of the new faces compared to last year? If you are, I think there will be quite a few "new" (when I say new I am talking anyone who did not play last year which would include transfers, kids who redshirted, were suspended or transfers) major contributors this year.

Big Time, Big Impact Contributors
Troy Anderson, Luke Daly, JoJo Henderson, Balue Chapman, Tyrel Thomas

Rotational, Situational Contributors
Edward Vander, Dre Jackson, Jake Roper, Lance McCutcheon, Michael Jobman, Chase Benson, Lewis Kidd, Jabarri Johnson

Few Snaps, Flash Potential in Limited Reps Contributors
Tyrel Burgess, Tadan Gilman, Tucker Rovig, Jalen Cole, Elu Leota
I would exchange places with Cole and Thomas....

2024 Resume dominance

desmond1957

Post by desmond1957 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Based on what I've seen in practice and scrimmages I think you need to move both Burgess and Rovig up a notch or two!

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:The Spokesman Review says the Bobcats will be EWU's 9th easiest opponent, in front of Davis and Sac State. Also says griz will be #4. Texas Tech #1 ahead of #2 NDSU.
STATS was also saying SDSU shouldn't have scheduled MSU because it will be an easy W. I have a feeling this game is going to be closer than what most think.