Pluto TV Big Sky Channel

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Pluto TV Big Sky Channel

Post by DaCats21 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 am

The Big Sky Conference channel is now live on Pluto TV! Download the app and check it out. Pluto TV is free internet tv that looks similar to a cable tv guide. Big Sky Conf is on channel 230

http://pluto.tv/guide/big-sky-conference

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Pluto TV Big Sky Channel

Post by RickRund » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:58 am

DaCats21 wrote:The Big Sky Conference channel is now live on Pluto TV! Download the app and check it out. Pluto TV is free internet tv that looks similar to a cable tv guide. Big Sky Conf is on channel 230

http://pluto.tv/guide/big-sky-conference

Thank you... Just got an Amazon Fire HD8 for Fathers Day and there are few apps for it. But this one works.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:02 pm

I will check later today and see if my Apple TV gets it. I am sure it does. So glad I ditched Charter a long time ago.

Punters are people too!!

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 am

A replay of NAU @ UND is on right now. Picture looks great on my Amazon Fire TV

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:05 am

DaCats21 wrote:A replay of NAU @ UND is on right now. Picture looks great on my Amazon Fire TV

Looks great on my hd8 tablet.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:08 pm

A second Big Sky channel has been added. Guide says that this Big Sky 02 channel (channel 231) is showing the Big Sky Conf 2017 Football Kickoff Media Day starting at 9am MDT on Monday

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 am

Will I be able to watch live football in the fall then?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am

So, basically it will provide the same coverage as Big Sky TV/Eversport did, just on more platforms? The problem still exists of ROOT games not being streamed live.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am

Big Sky partners with Pluto TV streaming service

PARK CITY, Utah -- The Big Sky Conference announced a partnership with Pluto TV, the leading free Internet television service in America, on Monday at the Big Sky Conference Football Kickoff Event at the Park City Marriott. As a part of the deal, the Big Sky Conference will air all of its live streamed sports events on Pluto TV for free including up to 700 football, men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball and selected soccer, softball and track and field events.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/member ... 633fc.html

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:27 am

Hawks86 wrote:So, basically it will provide the same coverage as Big Sky TV/Eversport did, just on more platforms? The problem still exists of ROOT games not being streamed live.
Sounds like this is the case. Maybe more games will be streamed compared to eversport? However, I think this excludes the ROOT games. ROOT has said they are in the process of developing an app and also coming to OTT streaming services (DirecTV Now, Playstation Vue, etc.) You will still need to be a subscriber of a service that provides ROOT to be able to use the app once its released.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm

On my Apple TV right now, watching Idaho State vs. Weber State.

Punters are people too!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 pm

As with Eversport I'm sure the quality of the stream will depend on the school. Eversport itself did have some glitches, and Pluto bought Eversport so you'd think Pluto is a much more polished product at this point, so at least the streams should work better, but the quality is still dependent on the school.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Been watching replay football games this week...here is what I noticed

1) NAU announcers and product are really good. Announcers are pretty funny.

2) Other than the Cal-Poly and ISU feed, all picture and sound has been really good.

3) Big Sky refs have no clue what is gong on...Watching games without a "Dog in the fight" made me realize none of them know what Pass interference is OR isn't...also have seen about 3 TD's that were called no TD, but should have been TD. Replay was never used on any of them (even though the announcers asked why they weren't).

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:43 pm

SACCAT wrote:Been watching replay football games this week...here is what I noticed

1) NAU announcers and product are really good. Announcers are pretty funny.

2) Other than the Cal-Poly and ISU feed, all picture and sound has been really good.

3) Big Sky refs have no clue what is gong on...Watching games without a "Dog in the fight" made me realize none of them know what Pass interference is OR isn't...also have seen about 3 TD's that were called no TD, but should have been TD. Replay was never used on any of them (even though the announcers asked why they weren't).
UND and NAU have the best feeds in the conference.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Bobcat4Ever

Pluto TV Big Sky Channel

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Most likely a dumb question, so please be kind! How are simultaneous events to be broadcast on a single channel?

I suspect additional channels might pop up like the 231.

Pluto TV works great on my iPad. I love how quickly it changes channels.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:Most likely a dumb question, so please be kind! How are simultaneous events to be broadcast on a single channel?

They will add channels for the games, then drop them when they end. It will be interesting how many Bobcat games are actually on there, my guess is MAYBE one

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:37 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:Most likely a dumb question, so please be kind! How are simultaneous events to be broadcast on a single channel?

They will add channels for the games, then drop them when they end. It will be interesting how many Bobcat games are actually on there, my guess is MAYBE one
Isn't Pluto just a streaming partner? I'm more concerned about how the Eleven Sports contract will affect SWX statewide broadcasts. Reading the BSC release. ROOT gets first picks for the season and then Eleven Sports gets to pick a game of the week out of games not on ROOT. Does SWX then get the scraps or will Eleven Sports produced games also be on SWX?

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
SACCAT wrote:

Isn't Pluto just a streaming partner? I'm more concerned about how the Eleven Sports contract will affect SWX statewide broadcasts. Reading the BSC release. ROOT gets first picks for the season and then Eleven Sports gets to pick a game of the week out of games not on ROOT. Does SWX then get the scraps or will Eleven Sports produced games also be on SWX?
Eleven Sports games wont be on SWX, but they will be simulcast/streamed on Pluto TV. So I am guessing the Cats will be on Eleven at least twice, which means also on Pluto TV twice. I wonder if the SWX games will also be streamed on Pluto TV

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:55 pm

DaCats21 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
SACCAT wrote:

Eleven Sports games wont be on SWX, but they will be simulcast/streamed on Pluto TV. So I am guessing the Cats will be on Eleven at least twice, which means also on Pluto TV twice. I wonder if the SWX games will also be streamed on Pluto TV
I was just asking Jon Kasper questions about this on twitter. The only games not on Pluto are ROOT games. Sounds like we'll lose a couple games from SWX to Eleven Sports.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:58 am

I'm not sure how much people have played around with the guide on Pluto TV but I was wondering if anyone knows if you can scroll forward in the guide to see what future programming is coming on? For example, I'd love to go forward in the guide and find out when a replay of a Bobcat game is going to be on, but in my limited use of the app on my smart TV, I couldn't find a way to look at what was going to be playing next. Maybe I just couldn't do it on my smart TV and need to try on something else. Just wondering if anyone else had that problem