MODS!!! BN.com is under attack in Site Feedback forum

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 pm

This could be bad.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: MODS!!! BN.com is under attack in Site Feedback forum

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:43 pm

by 91catAlum on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 am

Does anyone know how to get a hold of a moderator? The spam user "virtuala" is creating a new thread every single minute in the "site announcements" forum. It will eventually crash the server if that account isn't shut down, it's been going for at least 24 hours now.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:48 pm

I blame alpha and the Russians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:06 pm

One way to stop this stuff would be to give limited power to some of the more frequent and loyal posters to delete this sort of spam. Obviously, the moderators are busy with other stuff in the lives and I can't blame them for not keeping up with this site 24/7. However, there should be some sort of a solution that can be worked out.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Are the moderators asleep at the switch, or is there a site structure problem.

Seems we have frequently been plagued by this type of problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:28 pm

wbtfg wrote:I blame alpha and the Russians.
I laughed... =D^

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:31 pm

On egriz the first few post by a new user have to be oked by a mod....if yours ever show up it's a good way to limit the bs.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:45 pm

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:54 pm

That dude must get payed by # of posts.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:25 pm

AFCAT wrote:One way to stop this stuff would be to give limited power to some of the more frequent and loyal posters to delete this sort of spam. Obviously, the moderators are busy with other stuff in the lives and I can't blame them for not keeping up with this site 24/7. However, there should be some sort of a solution that can be worked out.
I asked for this years ago. Promptly denied... :coffee:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm cleaning them out now and will check back to make sure they aren't spawning new spam users. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Alph Griz is the moderator that approved the spam user. SMH.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:19 pm

AFCAT wrote:One way to stop this stuff would be to give limited power to some of the more frequent and loyal posters to delete this sort of spam. Obviously, the moderators are busy with other stuff in the lives and I can't blame them for not keeping up with this site 24/7. However, there should be some sort of a solution that can be worked out.
I've thought for some time that VimSince should be able to delete spam accounts. Would anyone object to him getting that authority? The three site owners have built an awesome online community, but they all are very busy with life and the only thing these days that needs to be moderated are these spam threads.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:10 am

PapaG wrote:
I've thought for some time that VimSince should be able to delete spam accounts. Would anyone object to him getting that authority? The three site owners have built an awesome online community, but they all are very busy with life and the only thing these days that needs to be moderated are these spam threads.
And, right after Sonoma cleaned out the last bunch, in comes more... :roll: . Clearly needs to an active monitoring for sure, so anyone with the skills to do it, and can helps the mods, I think is smart.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:33 am

catsrback76 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
And, right after Sonoma cleaned out the last bunch, in comes more... :roll: . Clearly needs to an active monitoring for sure, so anyone with the skills to do it, and can helps the mods, I think is smart.
Sonoma ain't half the guy BAC used to be. Now there was a moderator, kept the site clean during the day and still have time to argue with LTCF at night.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:33 am

catsrback76 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Sonoma ain't half the guy BAC used to be. Now there was a moderator, kept the site clean during the day and still have time to argue with LTCF at night.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:35 am

allcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
So true...so true. BAC was a heck of a dude. Blew the socks off Sonoma. He was so good, sometimes PapaG is still so shell shocked by losing to BAC in their arguments he gets confused and calls Sonoma, BAC. It's kind of sad actually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:59 am

lutecat wrote:
allcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
So true...so true. BAC was a heck of a dude. Blew the socks off Sonoma. He was so good, sometimes PapaG is still so shell shocked by losing to BAC in their arguments he gets confused and calls Sonoma, BAC. It's kind of sad actually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Oh man... Here comes Grizaddict with another $1,000 bet and a sand in the vagina comment.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:14 am

SonomaCat wrote:I'm cleaning them out now and will check back to make sure they aren't spawning new spam users. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.
we've got another... Two actually

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:38 am

91catAlum wrote:
SonomaCat wrote:I'm cleaning them out now and will check back to make sure they aren't spawning new spam users. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.
we've got another... Two actually

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think its time to disable new accounts...