DB - Dre Jackson (Venture JUCO) Commits!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

DB - Dre Jackson (Venture JUCO) Commits!

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:39 am

https://twitter.com/CoachChoate_MSU/status/877214633400033281 Dre has 3 years to play 2.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 6/20/17 Boom

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 am

Hoping for a STUD transfer CB, with a clean history :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:50 am

WalkOn79 wrote:Hoping for a STUD transfer CB, with a clean history :D

I rather have a stud pass rusher, but I doubt we'll find that kind of person this late in the year. I'd settle for any type of a player that can contribute right away. I noticed he didn't put a year on TRC, so it may be a 2018 recruit.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Wow! Good job MSU coaches!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Sounds like a lineman.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm

bobcat99 wrote:Sounds like a lineman.
Would be a good addition. Where'd you hear this? OL or DL? Would love to add another offensive guard to the mix or a defensive end or DT

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Does his last name start with an M?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Would be a good addition. Where'd you hear this? OL or DL? Would love to add another offensive guard to the mix or a defensive end or DT
Oh I'm just guessing. Choate said it would be a "huge addition". Usually the coaches like to give little hints, so this is me guessing it's a lineman. I have no idea though. I can say it's not an in-state player.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
Oh I'm just guessing. Choate said it would be a "huge addition". Usually the coaches like to give little hints, so this is me guessing it's a lineman. I have no idea though. I can say it's not an in-state player.
I got the same feeling when I first read the tweet.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:44 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:06 am

There was a kid in camp that was 6'7 or 6'8. O-lineman who moved really well for his size. I think he's from NH. Saw coach talking to him. Would be a nice add.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Still no idea who this is by the way. My prediction is a transfer who will join the group in fall camp or earlier. So a 2017 recruit.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:14 pm

My guess would be 1 or 2 corner transfers that will be competing for starting roles this fall (or maybe I'm just dreaming????)

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:10 pm

I am curious as to what people think our biggest area of concern is right now. We have seen several players leave for various reasons, but what position currently are we needing the most immediate help at? I personally think DB or defensive end.

Punters are people too!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:18 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I am curious as to what people think our biggest area of concern is right now. We have seen several players leave for various reasons, but what position currently are we needing the most immediate help at? I personally think DB or defensive end.
TE (I like our two starters in Sullivan and Amos but depth is needed after those two. Clark Judisch is a year or two away from being physically ready to hold up.)
CB (More the merrier. Alley, Washington, Evans, Cole, Thomas, Henderson, and Keaton A. will all be in competition. The group is in better shape than some think in my opinion.)
DE (Fa'anono, Marks, and Ferriter will hold down the strong side. Maybe could use one more body.)
Buck (Collins and J. McCarthy along with Finch and Jobman is decent depth. But of course we all would love a splash transfer pass-rusher.)

The one area where I think we could really use one more player is WR. Right now, Herbert, Kassis, Paige, and Stephens are our top 4 receivers. Johnny D. is likely out for the year recovering from his torn ACL this spring. Karl Tucker will be entering fall getting his foot back into playing shape after surgery this spring. Jabarri Johnson is a transfer who will provide depth but likely won't make a huge impact right away. So that leads us to the incoming freshman:

Willie Patterson
Lance McCutcheon
Coy Steel
James Campbell
Peyton Hanser

Out of that group, I see Willie and Lance potentially making an early impact as freshman in terms of cracking the depth chart.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:31 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I am curious as to what people think our biggest area of concern is right now. We have seen several players leave for various reasons, but what position currently are we needing the most immediate help at? I personally think DB or defensive end.
TE (I like our two starters in Sullivan and Amos but depth is needed after those two. Clark Judisch is a year or two away from being physically ready to hold up.)
CB (More the merrier. Alley, Washington, Evans, Cole, Thomas, Henderson, and Keaton A. will all be in competition. The group is in better shape than some think in my opinion.)
DE (Fa'anono, Marks, and Ferriter will hold down the strong side. Maybe could use one more body.)
Buck (Collins and J. McCarthy along with Finch and Jobman is decent depth. But of course we all would love a splash transfer pass-rusher.)

The one area where I think we could really use one more player is WR. Right now, Herbert, Kassis, Paige, and Stephens are our top 4 receivers. Johnny D. is likely out for the year recovering from his torn ACL this spring. Karl Tucker will be entering fall getting his foot back into playing shape after surgery this spring. Jabarri Johnson is a transfer who will provide depth but likely won't make a huge impact right away. So that leads us to the incoming freshman:

Willie Patterson
Lance McCutcheon
Coy Steel
James Campbell
Peyton Hanser

Out of that group, I see Willie and Lance potentially making an early impact as freshman in terms of cracking the depth chart.

I'd say experienced quarterback depth is a concern for me. I agree on McCutheon at WR, but I'd like to see what James Campbell can do.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:48 pm

AFCAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Willie Patterson
Lance McCutcheon
Coy Steel
James Campbell
Peyton Hanser

I'd say experienced quarterback depth is a concern for me. I agree on McCutheon at WR, but I'd like to see what James Campbell can do.
Yeah I'm also very surprised we haven't brought in a QB since Bruggman left.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:34 pm

Still nothing? C'mon VIM, you are better then this...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:28 am

What's the longest we've gone before figuring out a BOOM? We're pushing 48 hours here.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 am

BOZEMAN, Mont. – Montana State shored up its secondary on Thursday when Ventura College cornerback Dre Jackson joined the Bobcat program, head coach Jeff Choate announced.

http://msubobcats.com/news/2017/6/22/fo ... ranks.aspx