Woody Brandom...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Woody Brandom...

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm

...not listed on current roster anymore. Had to drop a class during spring ball which made him below the credit limit to participate/finish spring camp. I'm assuming him no longer being on the roster anymore has to do with grades. Not jumping into conclusions here but the 2015 recruiting class (specifically the out-of-state recruits) is turning into a real gem.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Woody Brandom...

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm

And speaking of this, MSU Athletics is currently updating the 2017 roster with the incoming freshman and PWO Peyton Hanser (6'4", 205 lbs.) is being listed as a TE.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:27 pm

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/874694418544177153

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/874694915745296389

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/874694915745296389
Excellent stuff as usual Colter. But if I had to guess a kid that would quit the team, Woody wouldn't have been on my short list. Played with a lot of passion last year and, like Cam Sutton, was in-line to have a larger role in sophomore season. Just seemed like he was a kid that would stick. Now if these kids are leaving because they believe they deserve a larger role in a different offense, good luck.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:21 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/874694915745296389
Excellent stuff as usual Colter. But if I had to guess a kid that would quit the team, Woody wouldn't have been on my short list. Played with a lot of passion last year and, like Cam Sutton, was in-line to have a larger role in sophomore season. Just seemed like he was a kid that would stick. Now if these kids are leaving because they believe they deserve a larger role in a different offense, good luck.
Yeah this one is shocking to me as well. Woody seemed like a very hard worker (passion/motor) and really looked the part as a TE/DE.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Seriously..... WTF?!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:46 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Yeah this one is shocking to me as well. Woody seemed like a very hard worker (passion/motor) and really looked the part as a TE/DE.
Agreed, and from everything I've heard, choate really liked him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Is it me or does it seem like every time I look at BN someone else has left the team. We are starting to take on the Stitt way, clean house(or guys just leave, you pick). Start all over AGAIN, the hope like hell we can get guys who want to play here. My expectations of the next few years are getting lower with every player that has left. We haven't brought in any studs from the JC or Transfer pipe line. I honestly thought Brandom was set to have a big year.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 pm

FTG247365 wrote:Is it me or does it seem like every time I look at BN someone else has left the team. We are starting to take on the Stitt way, clean house(or guys just leave, you pick). Start all over AGAIN, the hope like hell we can get guys who want to play here. My expectations of the next few years are getting lower with every player that has left. We haven't brought in any studs from the JC or Transfer pipe line. I honestly thought Brandom was set to have a big year.

The days of Country Club Football are over.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:56 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:Is it me or does it seem like every time I look at BN someone else has left the team. We are starting to take on the Stitt way, clean house(or guys just leave, you pick). Start all over AGAIN, the hope like hell we can get guys who want to play here. My expectations of the next few years are getting lower with every player that has left. We haven't brought in any studs from the JC or Transfer pipe line. I honestly thought Brandom was set to have a big year.

If you want a spot, ya gotta work for it and earn it. No more free lunches.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:

If you want a spot, ya gotta work for it and earn it. No more free lunches.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:59 am

[quote="PHAT CAT"][quote="FTG247365"]Is it me or does it seem like every time I look at BN someone else has left the team. We are starting to take on the Stitt way, clean house(or guys just leave, you pick). Start all over AGAIN, the hope like hell we can get guys who want to play here. My expectations of the next few years are getting lower with every player that has left. We haven't brought in any studs from the JC or Transfer pipe line. I honestly thought Brandom was set to have a big year.[/quote]

The days of Country Club Football are over.[/quote]

This.

And I'll add there's a big difference between players leaving and players leaving because they don't like the coach. I haven't heard any complaints about Choate. I haven't heard of any players that aren't leaving due to anything besides burnout, grades, or injuries.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:33 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:

I like the fact he is a hands on coach and its a change of mentality. I'm looking down the next year, 2 or 3 years. We are starting to move to more of a smash mouth type football, similar to NDSU. Will we be taking a chance of losing some of those Offensive stud's out of High School? I have full faith in Choate, but seems like we are losing more than we are gaining, both in numbers and talent.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:39 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
I like the fact he is a hands on coach and its a change of mentality. I'm looking down the next year, 2 or 3 years. We are starting to move to more of a smash mouth type football, similar to NDSU. Will we be taking a chance of losing some of those Offensive stud's out of High School? I have full faith in Choate, but seems like we are losing more than we are gaining, both in numbers and talent.

The current roster total is at 97. You can only have 95 at the start of fall ball.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Magnum
New Recruit

Post by Magnum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 am

Has nothing to do with classes, school, grades, or any of that. 100% coaches. The kid was a tremendous leader in high school and you could see the passion transferring to MSU. But several players have made comments about position coaches telling players one thing while the OC tells the player something else and the head coach something else. Not sure if this is some sort of coaching mind-game with some sort of goal of getting players to play better or simply terrible communication among the coaching staff - but this is a theme/complaint among the players leaving the team.

This is scary because of the bigger picture we're facing here... Brandom bleed the Bobcat colors - the kid was 100% committed to this team, and yet the coaching staff failed him. Again, I'm hearing the same theme with all the other players leaving. Hopefully the coaches figure this thing out before we're forced to play 8-man football!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:26 am

Magnum wrote:Has nothing to do with classes, school, grades, or any of that. 100% coaches. The kid was a tremendous leader in high school and you could see the passion transferring to MSU. But several players have made comments about position coaches telling players one thing while the OC tells the player something else and the head coach something else. Not sure if this is some sort of coaching mind-game with some sort of goal of getting players to play better or simply terrible communication among the coaching staff - but this is a theme/complaint among the players leaving the team.

This is scary because of the bigger picture we're facing here... Brandom bleed the Bobcat colors - the kid was 100% committed to this team, and yet the coaching staff failed him. Again, I'm hearing the same theme with all the other players leaving. Hopefully the coaches figure this thing out before we're forced to play 8-man football!!!
:-k nice 1st post.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Magnum wrote:Has nothing to do with classes, school, grades, or any of that. 100% coaches. The kid was a tremendous leader in high school and you could see the passion transferring to MSU. But several players have made comments about position coaches telling players one thing while the OC tells the player something else and the head coach something else. Not sure if this is some sort of coaching mind-game with some sort of goal of getting players to play better or simply terrible communication among the coaching staff - but this is a theme/complaint among the players leaving the team.

Magnum, you must have not received the memo stating that you cannot post anything controversial or anti-coach on this site. Iaafan already stated in another post that the 50+ players who have left since Coach took over did not leave due to any issues with coaching staff. So we have to go with that.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:01 am

Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Magnum, you must have not received the memo stating that you cannot post anything controversial or anti-coach on this site. Iaafan already stated in another post that the 50+ players who have left since Coach took over did not leave due to any issues with coaching staff. So we have to go with that.
Grizaddict when hearing about this post:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:08 am

Seems like a problem that could be fairly common with a head coach in his first year having that position. Maybe after 17 years he'll figure it out and not have this much roster turnover.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."