Woody Brandom...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Woody Brandom...

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am

Hawks86 wrote:Seems like a problem that could be fairly common with a head coach in his first year having that position. Maybe after 17 years he'll figure it out and not have this much roster turnover.
I know when my supervisor and the head boss tell me two different ways to do something, I quit my job....

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:15 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Seems like a problem that could be fairly common with a head coach in his first year having that position. Maybe after 17 years he'll figure it out and not have this much roster turnover.
I know when my supervisor and the head boss tell me two different ways to do something, I quit my job....
:lol:

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:21 am

Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Magnum wrote:Has nothing to do with classes, school, grades, or any of that. 100% coaches. The kid was a tremendous leader in high school and you could see the passion transferring to MSU. But several players have made comments about position coaches telling players one thing while the OC tells the player something else and the head coach something else. Not sure if this is some sort of coaching mind-game with some sort of goal of getting players to play better or simply terrible communication among the coaching staff - but this is a theme/complaint among the players leaving the team.

This is scary because of the bigger picture we're facing here... Brandom bleed the Bobcat colors - the kid was 100% committed to this team, and yet the coaching staff failed him. Again, I'm hearing the same theme with all the other players leaving. Hopefully the coaches figure this thing out before we're forced to play 8-man football!!!
:-k nice 1st post.
Magnum, you must have not received the memo stating that you cannot post anything controversial or anti-coach on this site. Iaafan already stated in another post that the 50+ players who have left since Coach took over did not leave due to any issues with coaching staff. So we have to go with that.
Haha come on GA. If the information presented is true, and we have an issue internally with the coaching staff then fine. But it's not about the information, it's who it was presented by. If you posted something to that effect then I'd take it more seriously since you have some credibility on BN.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:42 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Magnum wrote:Has nothing to do with classes, school, grades, or any of that. 100% coaches. The kid was a tremendous leader in high school and you could see the passion transferring to MSU. But several players have made comments about position coaches telling players one thing while the OC tells the player something else and the head coach something else. Not sure if this is some sort of coaching mind-game with some sort of goal of getting players to play better or simply terrible communication among the coaching staff - but this is a theme/complaint among the players leaving the team.

This is scary because of the bigger picture we're facing here... Brandom bleed the Bobcat colors - the kid was 100% committed to this team, and yet the coaching staff failed him. Again, I'm hearing the same theme with all the other players leaving. Hopefully the coaches figure this thing out before we're forced to play 8-man football!!!
Magnum, you must have not received the memo stating that you cannot post anything controversial or anti-coach on this site. Iaafan already stated in another post that the 50+ players who have left since Coach took over did not leave due to any issues with coaching staff. So we have to go with that.
Haha come on GA. If the information presented is true, and we have an issue internally with the coaching staff then fine. But it's not about the information, it's who it was presented by. If you posted something to that effect then I'd take it more seriously since you have some credibility on BN.

Fair statement. Except most would say I have no credibility here. However, I didn't read it like it was a troll trying to create issues or drama. You can typically see those from a mile away. This seemed like someone with some actual insight or knowledge. Not sure if he/she knows Woody directly but seems like it. Regardless, posts like this are always going to be met with some doubt and challenge. I just don't think this one was trying to create drama. Just my opinion though.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Grizaddict when hearing about this post:
Credit where credit is due, this even made me laugh. I did find the post interesting only because I think you have to be extremely naive to think that when that many players move on in some capacity, that none of it is due to coaching issues. Maybe it's the minority for sure, but there are always some who move on due to issues with coaching. To claim otherwise is not being aware.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:53 am

Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Grizaddict when hearing about this post:
Credit where credit is due, this even made me laugh. I did find the post interesting only because I think you have to be extremely naive to think that when that many players move on in some capacity, that none of it is due to coaching issues. Maybe it's the minority for sure, but there are always some who move on due to issues with coaching. To claim otherwise is not being aware.
I agree. But the majority of the scholarship players that have left since Choate arrived are from one recruiting class. Obviously there wasn't a "fit" there with most of them. So good luck to all of them. A common theme/complaint when players leave a team is because of the coaching staff. Is what it is.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

This seemed like someone with some actual insight or knowledge. Not sure if he/she knows Woody directly but seems like it.
Wow... Based on what, exactly? Other than you're a griz fan who really really really wants it to be true?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:35 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

This seemed like someone with some actual insight or knowledge. Not sure if he/she knows Woody directly but seems like it.
Wow... Based on what, exactly? Other than you're a griz fan who really really really wants it to be true?

Careful, you are cruising for one of his stinging "sand in vagina" put downs.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:40 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Based solely on these 3 comments made by the original poster:

"The kid was a tremendous leader in high school"
"Brandon bled the Bobcat colors"
"He was 100% committed to the team....the coaches failed him"

Seems like some very personal knowledge of the player to me. Unless all of you followed his high school career, too, and knew of his leadership and commitment.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Yes, I didn't view that as trolling but rather a relative or very close friend of a player that things just didn't work out for.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Based solely on these 3 comments made by the original poster:

"The kid was a tremendous leader in high school"
"Brandon bled the Bobcat colors"
"He was 100% committed to the team....the coaches failed him"

Seems like some very personal knowledge of the player to me. Unless all of you followed his high school career, too, and knew of his leadership and commitment.
So you're completely discounting the regular posters on this board who have stated that it had to do with grades/ credits, and you're going with the new poster who says it's the terrible coaches. Why do you think that is?? Do you think maybe we see what we want to see?

PS, the players who are "100% committed to the team" are still on the team.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Normally kids who bleed blue and gold don't initially commit to the dark pink guys.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:Normally kids who bleed blue and gold don't initially commit to the dark pink guys.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:Normally kids who bleed blue and gold don't initially commit to the dark pink guys.

Another good point.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:29 pm

AFCAT wrote:

Gunner proved it. Woody didn't. What's your point?

This is tough loss and he was good player. But now I say good riddance. This kind of drama from a clear troll annoys me. Anybody who doesn't think this was a grizz troll is naive.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Gunner proved it. Woody didn't. What's your point?

This is tough loss and he was good player. But now I say good riddance.

I think the point is that we don't know exactly why Woody left the program. Everyone is just speculating. I don't slight the young man for moving on. It's his life.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:02 pm

LOL, let's read 'Magnum's' post and compare it to GrizAddict who just by coincidence I'm sure has a strikingly similar writing style and was conveniently around right away to respond and tell us all how legitimate and non-trollish the post looks. Short non-sentences like '100% coaches." or "Fair statement." Frequently leaving out "it" or "I'm" at start of sentences and beginning with "Not sure if..." or "Has nothing to do with..." or "Seems like...".

"Magnum": Has nothing to do with classes, school, grades, or any of that. 100% coaches. The kid was a tremendous leader in high school and you could see the passion transferring to MSU. But several players have made comments about position coaches telling players one thing while the OC tells the player something else and the head coach something else. Not sure if this is some sort of coaching mind-game with some sort of goal of getting players to play better or simply terrible communication among the coaching staff - but this is a theme/complaint among the players leaving the team.

GrizAddict: Fair statement. Except most would say I have no credibility here. However, I didn't read it like it was a troll trying to create issues or drama. You can typically see those from a mile away. This seemed like someone with some actual insight or knowledge. Not sure if he/she knows Woody directly but seems like it. Regardless, posts like this are always going to be met with some doubt and challenge. I just don't think this one was trying to create drama. Just my opinion though.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:13 pm

It wasn't GA. Most likely it was a parent or other relative. Based on his recruitment, probably the dad.

Two sides to every story, but only one will get told. I'm not too worried.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:16 pm

MSU01 wrote:LOL, let's read 'Magnum's' post and compare it to GrizAddict who just by coincidence I'm sure has a strikingly similar writing style and was conveniently around right away to respond and tell us all how legitimate and non-trollish the post looks. Short non-sentences like '100% coaches." or "Fair statement." Frequently leaving out "it" or "I'm" at start of sentences and beginning with "Not sure if..." or "Has nothing to do with..." or "Seems like...".

"Magnum": Has nothing to do with classes, school, grades, or any of that. 100% coaches. The kid was a tremendous leader in high school and you could see the passion transferring to MSU. But several players have made comments about position coaches telling players one thing while the OC tells the player something else and the head coach something else. Not sure if this is some sort of coaching mind-game with some sort of goal of getting players to play better or simply terrible communication among the coaching staff - but this is a theme/complaint among the players leaving the team.

GrizAddict: Fair statement. Except most would say I have no credibility here. However, I didn't read it like it was a troll trying to create issues or drama. You can typically see those from a mile away. This seemed like someone with some actual insight or knowledge. Not sure if he/she knows Woody directly but seems like it. Regardless, posts like this are always going to be met with some doubt and challenge. I just don't think this one was trying to create drama. Just my opinion though.
See Magnum any post that doesn't wreak of butterflies and lolli pops is met with something like this. Put your money wher your mouth is then. I can guarantee I have no idea who Magnum is. Let's put $1000 on it and have the mods check registration information, emails, or whatever else they need. I give my permission for this. I'm in 100%, how about you. Don't let the tin foil hat get in the way of your decision.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:26 pm

bobcat99 wrote:It wasn't GA. Most likely it was a parent or other relative. Based on his recruitment, probably the dad.

Two sides to every story, but only one will get told. I'm not too worried.
Thank you for your sanity. His dad was pretty vocal on twitter during his kids recruitment. He reached out to some other Griz recruits a couple of times. Although he may have known them as they were from similar areas as his kid. Still not going to speculate that Magnum is his dad. Just seemed like he had inside knowledge of Woody himself.