Cam Sutton no longer on roster

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Cam Sutton no longer on roster

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 am

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/870661113943175170

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cam Sutton no longer on roster

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:26 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/870661113943175170
Rumored to have grade problems dating back to his freshman season. Assuming the coaches knew this had potential to happen by signing JUCO transfer WR Jabarri Johnson two weeks ago.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:39 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/870661113943175170
Rumored to have grade problems dating back to his freshman season. Assuming the coaches knew this had potential to happen by signing JUCO transfer WR Jabarri Johnson two weeks ago.
Ouch! Hope he can get back on track in the future someplace else and not related to football!

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:00 am

Sucks...............I am actually pretty comfortable with the talent/depth of our WR with some decent signings the last two years but Sutton was one of my favorite signings we have had in the last 5 years. Thought he had a ton of potential and could have really opened up our passing game.

Opens up a spot for some talented underclassmen though!

Another question I hate to ask, but I don't see Dalton Daum on the roster anymore either?!?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:30 am

RobertCats wrote:Sucks...............I am actually pretty comfortable with the talent/depth of our WR with some decent signings the last two years but Sutton was one of my favorite signings we have had in the last 5 years. Thought he had a ton of potential and could have really opened up our passing game.

Another question I hate to ask, but I don't see Dalton Daum on the roster anymore either?!?
If Dalton has left the program, it could be for a number of reasons with injury history being the biggest. He also may have not made the roster out of spring ball.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:36 am

Luke Daly also not on the current roster on msubobcats.com

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:39 am

VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:Sucks...............I am actually pretty comfortable with the talent/depth of our WR with some decent signings the last two years but Sutton was one of my favorite signings we have had in the last 5 years. Thought he had a ton of potential and could have really opened up our passing game.

If Dalton has left the program, it could be for a number of reasons with injury history being the biggest.
Bummer, Ok maybe I am not as comfortable with our WR as I thought. With Tucker, Johnny D and Mahlum all missing spring due to injuries we will need Jabarri J and another true freshman to come in and contribute right away. In the fall our Wr corps will look like this

Justin Paige
Karl Tucker II
Mitchell Herbert
Hunter Mahlum
Kevin Kassis
Keon Stephens
John D'Agostino
Jabarri Johnson
Willie Patterson
James Campbell
Coy Steel
Peyton Hanser
Lance McCutcheon

With those highlighted the only ones with any experience! Some kids are going to have to grow up fast!! (I know KTII and Stephens both got in the rotation some last year but I would guess they still played less than 25% of the offensive snaps)

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:41 am

RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

If Dalton has left the program, it could be for a number of reasons with injury history being the biggest.
Bummer, Ok maybe I am not as comfortable with our WR as I thought. With Tucker, Johnny D and Mahlum all missing spring due to injuries we will need Jabarri J and another true freshman to come in and contribute right away. In the fall our Wr corps will look like this

Justin Paige
Karl Tucker II
Mitchell Herbert
Hunter Mahlum
Kevin Kassis
Keon Stephens
John D'Agostino
Jabarri Johnson
Willie Patterson
James Campbell
Coy Steel
Peyton Hanser
Lance McCutcheon

With those highlighted the only ones with any experience! Some kids are going to have to grow up fast!! (I know KTII and Stephens both got in the rotation some last year but I would guess they still played less than 25% of the offensive snaps)
Keon Stephens played more than 25% of the snaps last year. And Johnny D is out for the year with a torn ACL.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:44 am

Garrett Marino also not on the most updated roster....

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:44 am

I was excited to see what Sutton could do in the next season. Is it true about Daly and Daum? I hate seeing MT guys leave, if Daum was due to injuries that sucks, he has a lot of potential.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:46 am

FTG247365 wrote:I was excited to see what Sutton could do in the next season. Is it true about Daly and Daum? I hate seeing MT guys leave, if Daum was due to injuries that sucks, he has a lot of potential.
All speculation at this point.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:49 am

VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Justin Paige
Karl Tucker II
Mitchell Herbert
Hunter Mahlum
Kevin Kassis
Keon Stephens
John D'Agostino
Jabarri Johnson
Willie Patterson
James Campbell
Coy Steel
Peyton Hanser
Lance McCutcheon

Keon Stephens played more than 25% of the snaps last year. And Johnny D is out for the year with a torn ACL.
I started to second guess myself once I posted that on Stephens, but he was still less than 50% wouldn't you say? Are they still debating where to put Hanser? I think with the injuries and Sutton and Daum (potentially) leaving the program it is a no-brainer to have him at WR. I still cannot believe we got him as a PWO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:50 am

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/870668452545142784

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:50 am

RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Justin Paige
Karl Tucker II
Mitchell Herbert
Hunter Mahlum
Kevin Kassis
Keon Stephens
John D'Agostino
Jabarri Johnson
Willie Patterson
James Campbell
Coy Steel
Peyton Hanser
Lance McCutcheon

I started to second guess myself once I posted that on Stephens, but he was still less than 50% wouldn't you say? Are they still debating where to put Hanser? I think with the injuries and Sutton and Daum (potentially) leaving the program it is a no-brainer to have him at WR. I still cannot believe we got him as a PWO!
Hanser is starting out at WR.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:51 am

VimSince03 wrote:Garrett Marino also not on the most updated roster....

:lol: =D^

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:55 am

VimSince03 wrote:Luke Daly also not on the current roster on msubobcats.com
I printed out the roster when it was posted. Daly was never on it?
VimSince03 wrote:
If Dalton has left the program, it could be for a number of reasons with injury history being the biggest. He also may have not made the roster out of spring ball.

I wouldn't be upset at all if Daum decided to hang up his cleats for track spikes.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:21 am

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/870691339821694977 Leaving a team he was slated to have an elevated role with in his sophomore season. Smells like "grade problems" to me.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:30 am

Well at least he decided to leave and didn't get kicked off.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:Luke Daly also not on the current roster on msubobcats.com
I printed out the roster when it was posted. Daly was never on it?
VimSince03 wrote:

I wouldn't be upset at all if Daum decided to hang up his cleats for track spikes.
I believe Daum broke his hand the middle of his high school senior season..but he continued to play. The shoulder injury is being repaired, so I don't see him as injury prone. He is more than just a fine receiver. He can return kicks, punts and play on special teams. HOWEVER, he was on the 2016 roster but isn't there now; bad ju ju. If he's gone I'd have thought we'd have heard from the griz by now.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:44 pm

I was excited to see what Sutton could do. Sutton and Stevens.....that would've been a sweet combination. But it is what it is. Good luck Cam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk