Cam Sutton no longer on roster

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cam Sutton no longer on roster

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:45 pm

lutecat wrote:I was excited to see what Sutton could do. Sutton and Stevens.....that would've been a sweet combination. But it is what it is. Good luck Cam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
*Stephens

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Not shocked on Daum. I think injuries have taken a toll. That and maybe a loss of love for the game. Sounds like no one knows at this point if it's just an error on roster or he's truly gone. More surprised on Daly and Sutton. Sutton was starting to get more involved last year and I figured he'd be a big part this year. Weird to leave for JUCO when you have a shot at being a stud for MSU. Did he butt heads with coaches? Then to bring back Daly (risking some backlash for all his legal Issues) only to cut him now doesn't make sense. Plus wasn't he hitting 50 yarders when he came back. So the talent and ability was still there. Weird....very weird. I'm sure it will all come out.

I saw Colter tweeted that Omorogbe not on roster either?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:31 am

VimSince03 wrote:Garrett Marino also not on the most updated roster....
:shock: What??? STILL???? :lol:

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:35 am

Grizaddict wrote: Then to bring back Daly (risking some backlash for all his legal Issues) only to cut him now doesn't make sense. Plus wasn't he hitting 50 yarders when he came back. So the talent and ability was still there. Weird....very weird. I'm sure it will all come out.

I would bet that Daly is on the roster, and it is not yet posted...correctly. I've heard he was our best kicker out of the Spring camp.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:34 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote: Then to bring back Daly (risking some backlash for all his legal Issues) only to cut him now doesn't make sense. Plus wasn't he hitting 50 yarders when he came back. So the talent and ability was still there. Weird....very weird. I'm sure it will all come out.

I would bet that Daly is on the roster, and it is not yet posted...correctly. I've heard he was our best kicker out of the Spring camp.
I went to several practices/scrimmages and he was the best kicker and also punted very well. Even when you close your eyes and listen, you can tell the difference between his kicks and the other kickers.....who are't bad, he is just better.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:59 am

I could understand why Sutton left the program, we only passed the ball 43 times last year, I honestly don't know the #, but it wasn't much. For a WR with his potential, seems like a waste of talent. Similar to a high caliber RB who goes to pass heavy team and only blocks.
Last edited by FTG247365 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:01 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:Sucks...............I am actually pretty comfortable with the talent/depth of our WR with some decent signings the last two years but Sutton was one of my favorite signings we have had in the last 5 years. Thought he had a ton of potential and could have really opened up our passing game.

Opens up a spot for some talented underclassmen though!

Another question I hate to ask, but I don't see Dalton Daum on the roster anymore either?!?
If Dalton has left the program, it could be for a number of reasons with injury history being the biggest.
Bummer, Ok maybe I am not as comfortable with our WR as I thought. With Tucker, Johnny D and Mahlum all missing spring due to injuries we will need Jabarri J and another true freshman to come in and contribute right away. In the fall our Wr corps will look like this

Justin Paige
Karl Tucker II
Mitchell Herbert
Hunter Mahlum
Kevin Kassis
Keon Stephens
John D'Agostino
Jabarri Johnson
Willie Patterson
James Campbell
Coy Steel
Peyton Hanser
Lance McCutcheon

With those highlighted the only ones with any experience! Some kids are going to have to grow up fast!! (I know KTII and Stephens both got in the rotation some last year but I would guess they still played less than 25% of the offensive snaps)
Keon Stephens played more than 25% of the snaps last year. And Johnny D is out for the year with a torn ACL.
I started to second guess myself once I posted that on Stephens, but he was still less than 50% wouldn't you say? Are they still debating where to put Hanser? I think with the injuries and Sutton and Daum (potentially) leaving the program it is a no-brainer to have him at WR. I still cannot believe we got him as a PWO!
Hanser is starting out at WR.
I believe Johnny D got injured and may be out for a while ... it is his knee again ...

I think WR is an area where we may see a true freshman play due to depth issues

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:20 pm

That's a pretty big loss for us. Damn sorry to see him leave.

i_the_sky
New Recruit

Post by i_the_sky » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:20 pm

What the heck? We have lost half the team this year what's going on here anyway??? Anymore and we won't have enough players to field a live practice... Is it Choate? Is it T. G? More players have left this year then in all of Ash's time here... Mediocrity breeds contempt I guess:( :(

i_the_sky
New Recruit

Post by i_the_sky » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:20 pm

What the heck? We have lost half the team this year what's going on here anyway??? Anymore and we won't have enough players to field a live practice... Is it Choate? Is it T. G? More players have left this year then in all of Ash's time here... Mediocrity breeds contempt I guess:( :(

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:26 pm

i_the_sky wrote:What the heck? We have lost half the team this year what's going on here anyway??? Anymore and we won't have enough players to field a live practice... Is it Choate? Is it T. G? More players have left this year then in all of Ash's time here... Mediocrity breeds contempt I guess:( :(
Sweet - another griz troll... :roll:

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:32 pm

No team can keep up with the revolving door in missoula, not even the amazing fan base they have!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:31 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
i_the_sky wrote:What the heck? We have lost half the team this year what's going on here anyway??? Anymore and we won't have enough players to field a live practice... Is it Choate? Is it T. G? More players have left this year then in all of Ash's time here... Mediocrity breeds contempt I guess:( :(

I always enjoy how they think they are being clever by trying to write as if they are a Cat fan. Really lame.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:

I always enjoy how they think they are being clever by trying to write as if they are a Cat fan. Really lame.
At least some of them use a different username than they do on egriz. The new guy isn't even smart enough do do that. :lol:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:24 pm

AFCAT wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:

Almost as sad as "Griz Girl" pretending to be an actual Griz fan while doing nothing but trash in the Griz and giving you guys props. Think about it and "her" posts. That is a cat fan all day, every day.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:

Almost as sad as "Griz Girl" pretending to be an actual Griz fan while doing nothing but trash in the Griz and giving you guys props. Think about it and "her" posts. That is a cat fan all day, every day.
Almost as sad as me sticking up for you..........

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:46 pm

FTG247365 wrote:I could understand why Sutton left the program, we only passed the ball 43 times last year, I honestly don't know the #, but it wasn't much. For a WR with his potential, seems like a waste of talent. Similar to a high caliber RB who goes to pass heavy team and only blocks.
Honestly this was my first reaction as well. We turned into a super run-oriented team last year, and if that is the case moving forward we'll only have a few WRs on the field at one time and they'll be doing a lot of blocking.

If you want to catch lots of passes and TDs, this isn't the offense for you.

Sutton was an Ash recruit right, and when we had Prukop? Big, big difference in offense now.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:11 pm

From last week — Sutton, Omorogbe leave Bobcat football
http://skylinesportsmt.com/sutton-omoro ... -football/

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Big Sky Breakdown – Nach on Sports, June 7
http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-brea ... ts-june-7/
In this episode, Colter Nuanez joins the Nach on Sports show hosted by Anthony Nachreiner on KGEZ Kalispell to discuss Montana State’s recent football roster moves pluse

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:05 am

https://twitter.com/JHopkinsSD/status/889211405848662016

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."