Street and Smith NCAA football magazaine is out

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Street and Smith NCAA football magazaine is out

Post by Mr Lisle » Sun May 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Street and Smith, certainly the oldest and maybe the best preseaon overview is out. They have Weber State winning the BSC..and I don't necessarily disagree. Their head coach, Jay Hill, is the real deal. The griz are well down the list with the Bobcats one behind them. Northern Colorado is above both and my personal "dark horse" pick. They return a solid defense and a fine qb. They play Florida and Colorado in the opening weeks....maybe not a good thing.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Street and Smith NCAA football magazaine is out

Post by TomCat88 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:25 pm

I'm not sure why anyone is high on No. Colo. Their best facet was the passing game, but (unless I'm mistaken) they lose their starting QB and WR.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 pm

TomCat88 wrote:I'm not sure why anyone is high on No. Colo. Their best facet was the passing game, but (unless I'm mistaken) they lose their starting QB and WR.
Their sophmore QB was injured in the second game last year...for the season. He will be a junior this year. He's Jacob Knipp (6'4 215).... took over the starting job as a freshman and broke every freshman passing record. Remember, Nothern Colorado was once a DII powerhouse. He will be one of the best in the BSC this year, if he survives the Florida and Colorado. He has some fine receivers returning.
They went 6-5 last year with the #2 qb, beat NAU and the griz. They will be better this year.

tdub

Post by tdub » Mon May 22, 2017 6:29 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:I'm not sure why anyone is high on No. Colo. Their best facet was the passing game, but (unless I'm mistaken) they lose their starting QB and WR.
Their sophmore QB was injured in the second game last year...for the season. He will be a junior this year. He's Jacob Knipp (6'4 215).... took over the starting job as a freshman and broke every freshman passing record. Remember, Nothern Colorado was once a DII powerhouse. He will be one of the best in the BSC this year, if he survives the Florida and Colorado. He has some fine receivers returning.
They went 6-5 last year with the #2 qb, beat NAU and the griz. They will be better this year.
Then who is the kid the Broncos signed as an undrafted free agent? Thought that was the NoCo QB, or am I mistaken?

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Mon May 22, 2017 6:50 am

That kid must be really go at QB, because last years QB is on an NFL roster right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon May 22, 2017 7:44 am

tdub wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
Then who is the kid the Broncos signed as an undrafted free agent? Thought that was the NoCo QB, or am I mistaken?
Here's the guy that signed with the Broncos:

http://uncbears.com/news/2017/4/29/foot ... oncos.aspx

Kyle Sloter

Here's a forum post at the UNC site with many links to stories about Sloter. Interesting stuff.
http://bigskyfans.com/uncbears/viewtopi ... 19af3dc968

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

imacat

Post by imacat » Mon May 22, 2017 1:31 pm

I enjoy reading Street and Smith. It is a good publication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk