High School Football Talk

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BAGFCat
New Recruit

Re: High School Football Talk

Post by BAGFCat » Mon May 29, 2017 1:25 pm

TomCat88 wrote:My way-too-early AA prediction is Capital vs. Senior in title game.
Do not agree at All.
Interesting how just because Helena High has not won a state championship, they are left out of the conversation.
Helena high has the best record over the last decade if not the last 2 decades.
Their defense is #1 or #2 in the state just about every year.
They should not have lost cross town against Capital last year. Helena High Defense dominated Capital. Beat them in every stat but score.
Only lost score because of a botched punt giving capital the ball on the 5, only time capital ever got close to the end zone.
Helena high was denied a touch down by Ryan Arnston as he was laying over a team mate in the end zone by a good half yard but, referee only then marked him where he was dragged to after he finally showed up on seen.
Whole team irate especially all Helena High lineman that knew they had the touchdown but, what do you do.
Capital does not even go to the playoffs if they lost this game which they should have. They where physically dominated as anyone that knows any football could clearly see.
Helena HIgh returns 9 starters(including QB) and 3 should have started but behind OK Seniors. 2 of these will be outstanding. A 6-5 250 DE beast and a 6-1 190 linebacker beast with speed.
An outstanding will be junior class of athletes that dominated all Sophomore games last year.
Helena High top 3 in the state as they are every year if not the best in the state, just ask all the AA coaches. They will rank #1 or #2 to start the season and should easily maintain.
Helena High's biggest competition in the west this year will be Glacier because of Drew Turner.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:37 pm

BAGFCat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:My way-too-early AA prediction is Capital vs. Senior in title game.
Do not agree at All.
Interesting how just because Helena High has not won a state championship, they are left out of the conversation.
They should not have lost cross town against Capital last year. Helena High Defense dominated Capital. Beat them in every stat but score.
Only lost score because of a botched punt giving capital the ball on the 5, only time capital ever got close to the end zone.
Helena high was denied a touch down by Ryan Arnston as he was laying over a team mate in the end zone by a good half yard but, referee only then marked him where he was dragged to after he finally showed up on seen.
Whole team irate especially all Helena High lineman that knew they had the touchdown but, what do you do.
Capital does not even go to the playoffs if they lost this game which they should have. They where physically dominated as anyone that knows any football could clearly see.
Helena HIgh returns 9 starters(including QB) and 3 should have started but behind OK Seniors. 2 of these will be outstanding. A 6-5 250 DE beast and a 6-1 190 linebacker beast with speed.
An outstanding will be junior class of athletes that dominated all Sophomore games last year.
Helena High top 3 in the state as they are every year if not the best in the state, just ask all the AA coaches. They will rank #1 or #2 to start the season and should easily maintain.
Helena High's biggest competition in the west this year will be Glacier because of Drew Turner.
I agree with most of what you have to say, I think over the past few years Helena High has always been a contender just hasn't been able to finish in the playoffs. And that crosstown game, you couldn't be more right, Helena High dominated Capitals offense. But it would be unfair to not mention that Capital did the same thing to Helena Highs offense. They completely shut down and dominated Winterburn. But don't get me wrong, while capitals D was dominating Helena Highs O, the same thing was happening with the Bengals D dominating Capitals O. I urge you to read my original post about Capital, I go into detail about that crosstown game. But I think Helena high is a 4 seed this year, behind teams such as Glacier, Senior, and Capital. And I'm interested in these kids who you are referring to as "beasts"? Are they incoming seniors? Just curious, I know Conor Nash looked pretty good on film last year and played outside linebacker, but who is the DE?

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon May 29, 2017 3:32 pm

BAGFCat wrote:
Do not agree at All.
I wouldn't sleep on Jackson Pepe or Max Morris either. Drew Turner is a hell of an athlete, but those two (and I'm sure others) are pretty damn good football players.

BAGFCat
New Recruit

Post by BAGFCat » Mon May 29, 2017 8:05 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
BAGFCat wrote:
Do not agree at All.
I wouldn't sleep on Jackson Pepe or Max Morris either. Drew Turner is a hell of an athlete, but those two (and I'm sure others) are pretty damn good football players.
I agree, would not sleep on them but, Max Morris, i dont see it. I like the kid. I hope the change of scenery and coaching gets him out of second gear.

BAGFCat
New Recruit

Post by BAGFCat » Mon May 29, 2017 8:31 pm

HowardRoss280 wrote:
BAGFCat wrote:
Do not agree at All.
I agree with most of what you have to say, I think over the past few years Helena High has always been a contender just hasn't been able to finish in the playoffs. And that crosstown game, you couldn't be more right, Helena High dominated Capitals offense. But it would be unfair to not mention that Capital did the same thing to Helena Highs offense. They completely shut down and dominated Winterburn. But don't get me wrong, while capitals D was dominating Helena Highs O, the same thing was happening with the Bengals D dominating Capitals O. I urge you to read my original post about Capital, I go into detail about that crosstown game. But I think Helena high is a 4 seed this year, behind teams such as Glacier, Senior, and Capital. And I'm interested in these kids who you are referring to as "beasts"? Are they incoming seniors? Just curious, I know Conor Nash looked pretty good on film last year and played outside linebacker, but who is the DE?
Yes, However, Helena High dominated more. Helena High shut them down 159 yards and 50 of that was one bigger play. Helena High put up like 250 yards of offense on capital.
6 Helena High Kids listed already on another thread for 2018 recruits
However that list is missing:
DE Kayden Sysum - will likely be one of the biggest strongest kids on the field next year.
should have started last year but, Tony Arnston and Scott Evans are very loyal to their seniors which, I respect.
DE Caden Swarrow - started last year, did very well and will again this year.
LB move from DE Taylor Adams. Quick, very strong.
Several other kids I could mention.

Final standings 2017 is very hard to see, lots can happen:
However, I see Helena High in the top 3 not capital. Probably also, Senior and Glacier but, I have big questions.
I see Capital outside the top 4.
I just see capital falling as I believe they over performed last year on emotion to finish and make the playoffs(should not have made the playoffs as they really did not beat Helena High)
Lost to many players with a few good Juniors coming back but just not enough with a poor sophomore class coming in as juniors. Just not seeing much past their top 6 players.
I still hope for the best for my capital friends and their kids.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:55 pm

BAGFCat wrote:
HowardRoss280 wrote:
BAGFCat wrote:
Do not agree at All.
Yes, However, Helena High dominated more. Helena High shut them down 159 yards and 50 of that was one bigger play. Helena High put up like 250 yards of offense on capital.
6 Helena High Kids listed already on another thread for 2018 recruits
However that list is missing:
DE Kayden Sysum - will likely be one of the biggest strongest kids on the field next year.
should have started last year but, Tony Arnston and Scott Evans are very loyal to their seniors which, I respect.
DE Caden Swarrow - started last year, did very well and will again this year.
LB move from DE Taylor Adams. Quick, very strong.
Several other kids I could mention.

Final standings 2017 is very hard to see, lots can happen:
However, I see Helena High in the top 3 not capital. Probably also, Senior and Glacier but, I have big questions.
I see Capital outside the top 4.
I just see capital falling as I believe they over performed last year on emotion to finish and make the playoffs(should not have made the playoffs as they really did not beat Helena High)
Lost to many players with a few good Juniors coming back but just not enough with a poor sophomore class coming in as juniors. Just not seeing much past their top 6 players.
I still hope for the best for my capital friends and their kids.
You are completely right about Max Morris in my opinion. He seemed to lack effort at times. And thank you for posting those kids names so I can look into them deeper. As for the crosstown game, I get what you are saying. Helena High had the bigger numbers on paper, but the fact is they lost. The final score was 3-0, and that's it. What ever happened in that game happened and its in the past now. The fact is Capital won, even if they lost the statistical aspect. And I agree with you, its tough to say the final ranking for next year considering a lot can happen. I do have to add that Capital does have a pretty impressive 2018 class. They have some missing parts don't get me wrong, but a pretty solid class. And a few good incoming juniors. But you saying they over performed last year, I have to say that they won because of the class of 2018. Besides players like Marcus Welnel and Colin Sassano, they didn't have any seniors contributing. So that experience will help them this year(and yes, they really did beat Helena High, 3-0). Its hard saying who will be in the state title this early in the year, but Capital has all the pieces to make a run. But so does Glacier, Senior, and a few others. Bengals will just as good as the have been in the past.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:30 am

Helena High will be fine - but it will be very tough to replace Kendall Johnson at MLB, Ryan Arntson at RB, Derrick Olson at WR, Taylor England at TE, and most of the Offensive Line.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:44 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:Helena High will be fine - but it will be very tough to replace Kendall Johnson at MLB, Ryan Arntson at RB, Derrick Olson at WR, Taylor England at TE, and most of the Offensive Line.
^This.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:34 am

The only thing I know is that Bozeman needs to win a champ. in the next 2-3 years.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed May 31, 2017 9:25 am

With new school in Bozeman will they be taking in more students from the Four Corners/Belgrade area? Does the new school have a name and nickname yet? With Bozeman High being at 2,000 enrollment now I'm thinking they will have a lot of extra classroom space.

Once the new school is built West will be the biggest school by 2, followed by Senior, then Helena High. That's according to the 2015-16 enrollment numbers.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:55 am

iaafan wrote:With new school in Bozeman will they be taking in more students from the Four Corners/Belgrade area? Does the new school have a name and nickname yet? With Bozeman High being at 2,000 enrollment now I'm thinking they will have a lot of extra classroom space.

Once the new school is built West will be the biggest school by 2, followed by Senior, then Helena High. That's according to the 2015-16 enrollment numbers.
Each school will be about 1,200 when the new school opens. The current high school is also being renovated(getting rid of the old wings and building a 2 story classroom building).

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 am

1,200? Is Bozeman growing that fast or are they going to dip into other areas? I would think Belgrade would be OK with the latter since it would keep them from having to build onto their school.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:11 am

Is Bozeman growing that fast...
Yes.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed May 31, 2017 10:16 am

iaafan wrote:With new school in Bozeman will they be taking in more students from the Four Corners/Belgrade area? Does the new school have a name and nickname yet? With Bozeman High being at 2,000 enrollment now I'm thinking they will have a lot of extra classroom space.

I think East Helena got approved to build a high school. So when that happens, that will put a big dent in Helena Highs enrollment.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:31 am

I personally don't think success in football is a result of enrollment numbers. Coaching and culture are more important. Look at what Glacier has done since they started. Whoops. I forgot about finishing workouts before 7. That should of been at the top of importance. 8)

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:38 am

91catAlum wrote:

I think East Helena got approved to build a high school. So when that happens, that will put a big dent in Helena Highs enrollment.
If East Helena builds a H.S. it will probably dent both Capital and Helena High (the boundaries might get redrawn). However, once the East Helena taxpayers see the bill and subsequent bond levy to build a new H.S., they may rethink building one in the first place.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:15 am

Hawks86 wrote:I personally don't think success in football is a result of enrollment numbers. Coaching and culture are more important. Look at what Glacier has done since they started. Whoops. I forgot about finishing workouts before 7. That should of been at the top of importance. 8)
I agree, coaching and culture is definitely the most important aspect to a successful program. But, having one high school in a town the size of Bozeman doesn't hurt. It would be pretty nice to pick from that many kids, and with that number of kids you are bound to have multiple studs

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed May 31, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm told that the new school will have no affect on Belgrade's enrollment. Belgrade is already doing expansions, renovations as they passed a pretty large bond recently as well. I guess they have monster numbers in a couple of back to back classes (5th and 6th grade or 6th and 7th).

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:37 pm

New topic posted and schedules will be posted soon! Feel free to post a teams schedule as well if you see I am missing one. AA this week!

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:04 am

Belgrade goes AA in 2 years I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk