High School Football Talk

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: High School Football Talk

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:46 am

Sorry guys, I'm having trouble finding all the AA schedules for this year. If you happen to find one feel free to post it!

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Butte High 2017 Schedule
@ Flathead 8-24 -L
@ Hellgate 8-31 -W
Capital 9-7 -L
Bozeman 9-15 -L
Sentinel 9-21 -L
West 9-29 -W
Senior 10-6 -L
@Great Falls 10-13 -L
@Skyview 10-19 -W
Big Sky 10-27 -L
I have Butte at 3-7, but I do see some games that could go either way. Flathead, Sentinel, West, Great Falls, Skyview and Big Sky are the ones I see the Bulldawgs having the best chance of winning, but could go either way. I think they get a win against Hellgate. Bozeman and Senior will be tough. Butte has played pretty tough against Capital the last few years, but only when the game is in Butte at their wicked stadium. This year it is in Helena, so I think the bruins take it, but if it was in Butte I could see it going either way.
If you have a schedule post it!

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:21 am

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59E95539
I found this picture of Helena Capitals 2017 schedule, but I cant tell whos helmet is in week 7, the date is 10/6. Id say its Billings West but I don't want to do an evaluation of their schedule and have it be wrong. Someone want to help me out?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Should this thread not be moved to the appropriate section?

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:45 pm

catsrback76 wrote:Should this thread not be moved to the appropriate section?
I thinks it's all good

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Yes. In 3 years when we start searching for this thread it helps if it's in the right forum.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Rich K wrote:
Yes. In 3 years when we start searching for this thread it helps if it's in the right forum.
Well, it just so happens that we do have a section for HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS! It makes it easy for some people! :roll: :coffee:

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 am

HowardRoss280 wrote:https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59E95539
I found this picture of Helena Capitals 2017 schedule, but I cant tell whos helmet is in week 7, the date is 10/6. Id say its Billings West but I don't want to do an evaluation of their schedule and have it be wrong. Someone want to help me out?
Any clue yet on whos helmet that is?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 am

My guess is West also. By process of elimination they're the only team with a black helmet besides Flathead and Flathead's is on there with the spear on it.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 am

HowardRoss280 wrote:
HowardRoss280 wrote:https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59E95539
Any clue yet on whos helmet that is?
Could it be Hellgate? Are they changing up uniforms after no varsity program, but starting it back up?

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:36 pm

The safe guess is probably West, but yeah I could see Helgate maybe switching it up. I'll do the prediction with West in it and if it does turn out to be someone else it's an easy switch. Anyone else find a schools schedule, they are obviously out I just can't seem to find them

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Helena Capital Highs 2017 Season Prediction
1. Great Falls High- W
2. Kalispell Flathead- W
3. @Butte High- W
4. @Billings Skyview- W
5. Helena High- W
6. CMR- W
7.@ Billings West- W
8. Kalispell Glacier- L
9.@ Billings Senior- L
10.@ Missoula Sentinel- W
Currently I have Helena Capital at 8-2. I will say the Bruins travel to Billings three times this year which is unlucky for them. I do think they have a shot at winning the two games I have them losing, all depends on how they are playing throughout the season. Games that I can see going either way are Great Falls High, Flathead, Helena High, CMR, West, and Sentinel. Lot of games, and that is because of the questionable play calling in the past. If it continues this season then capital could start off very similar to last year and have to win several in a row to make the playoffs. Also the first two games against the Samson coaches will be tough, as I'm sure those two want nothing more to beat their old school. Helena High vs. Helena Capital always is a toss up. CMR could sneak away with a W in a close one I believe. Also I think Butte could sneak away with a W from Capital as well. And Sentinel might get a very beat up Bruins team after back-to-back games against two of the best teams in the state in Glacier and Senior.
Please, if you have any more AA schedules post them! I will be doing AA until I get them all done, then I will be able to move on to A, B, C.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks to some friends of mine I now have all the AA schedules for the upcoming season, and I will post the early predictions tonight!

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 pm

2017 AA Schedules and Predictions
Big Sky
vs. West- W
vs. Sentinel- L
@ CMR- L
@ Hellgate- W
vs. GFH- L
@ Senior- L
vs. Flathead- W
@ Bozeman- L
vs. Glacier- L
@ Butte- W
I have Big Sky at 4-6. Big Sky had a playoff run for two straight years now, and with Levi Janocaro running the show they are a good team. I think the Sentinel, CMR, Great Falls High, and Butte games are all going to be close, and could go either way. It’s going to be interesting because there is an abundance of talent this year in the AA, and the competition is going to be close. If Janocaro and Company dominate, they could easily go 6-4, possibly 7-3.

Bozeman High
@ Hellgate- W
@ West- W
vs. Glacier- L
@ Butte- W
vs. Senior- L
@ Flathead- W
@ Helena High- W
vs. Big Sky- W
vs. GFH- W
vs. Skyview- W
I have the Hawks going 9-1. Pretty damn good, and the talent on the roster is why they have the chance to win 9 or more games. I see Glacier, Helena High, and Senior games to be close and could go either way. Big Sky might be able to give Bozeman a run for their money, but I still see Bozeman winning that game. Great Falls High could also give Bozeman fits.

Butte High
@ Flathead-L
@ Hellgate -W
vs. Capital -L
vs. Bozeman -L
@ Sentinel -L
vs. West -W
vs. Senior -L
@Great Falls -L
@Skyview -W
vs. Big Sky -L
I have Butte at 3-7, but I do see some games that could go either way. Flathead, Sentinel, West, Great Falls, Skyview and Big Sky are the ones I see the Bulldawgs having the best chance of winning, but could go either way. I think they get a win against Hellgate. Bozeman and Senior will be tough. Butte has played pretty tough against Capital the last few years, but only when the game is in Butte at their wicked stadium. This year it is in Helena, so I think the bruins take it, but if it was in Butte I could see it going either way.

Capital
vs. GFH- W
vs. Flathead- W
@ Butte- W
@ Skyview- W
vs. Helena High- W
vs. CMR- W
@ West- W
vs. Glacier- L
@ Senior- L
@ Sentinel- W
Currently I have Helena Capital at 8-2. I will say the Bruins travel to Billings three times this year which is unlucky for them. I do think they have a shot at winning the two games I have them losing, all depends on how they are playing throughout the season. Games that I can see going either way are Great Falls High, Flathead, Helena High, CMR, West, and Sentinel. Lot of games, and that is because of the questionable play calling in the past. If it continues this season then capital could start off very similar to last year and have to win several in a row to make the playoffs. Also, the first two games against the Samson coaches will be tough, as I'm sure those two want nothing more to beat their old school. Helena High vs. Helena Capital always is a toss up. CMR could sneak away with a W in a close one I believe. Also, I think Butte could sneak away with a W from Capital as well. And Sentinel might get a very beat up Bruins team after back-to-back games against two of the best teams in the state in Glacier and Senior.

CMR
vs. Helena High- L
@ Glacier- L
vs. Big Sky- W
@ Senior- L
vs. Hellgate- W
@ Capital- L
vs. Skyview- W
@ Flathead- W
vs. West- W
@ GFH- L
CMR goes 5-5. It’s hard predicting how every team will turn out, and what their record will be at the end of the year. With all that being said, I would say CMR is an average team this year, and .500 matches that perfectly. I can see almost every game going either way, besides Week 2 against Glacier, and Week 4 against Senior, those will be tough games for CMR. The two Helena teams won’t be walks in the park either.

Flathead
vs. Butte- W
@ Capital- L
@ West- L
vs. Sentinel- L
@ Glacier- L
vs. Bozeman- L
@ Big Sky- L
vs. CMR- L
vs. Hellgate- W
@ Helena High- L
I have the Braves finishing at 2-8. I really like what Kyle Samson has been doing with the program he took over, considering it was left in shambles. I just don’t see it being a very successful year for Flathead with the amount of talent the rest of the AA has. I think the Braves could grab a W against CMR, and maybe even Helena High at the end of the year. Also, I’m sure Samson wouldn’t mind beating Capital, so look for the Braves to come out with their hair on fire in Week 2.

Glacier
vs. Senior- W
vs. CMR- W
@ Bozeman- W
@ Helena High- W
vs. Flathead- W
@ Sentinel- W
vs. GFH- W
@ Capital- W
@ Big Sky- W
vs. Hellgate- W
Spoiler Alert: I have Glacier going 10-0, and I’m sure there’s a lot of you who would agree with me. The Wolfpack was looking like a strong team already, and then Mark Estes transferred and they became even stronger. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be in Kalispell Week 1 to watch the Broncs take on the Wolfpack. Besides that game, I see only Capital being able to compete with Glacier for four quarters. I think there will be a few team, Helena High, Sentinel, GFH, maybe even Big Sky, being able to stay within reach of Glacier for a quarter or two, but this team has too many weapons and will pull away eventually. Look for the Pack to send an early season message to the rest of the state by Opening Up A Can on Senior.

Great Falls High
@ Capital- L
vs. Skyview- W
@ Sentinel- W
vs. West- W
@ Big Sky- W
vs. Helena- L
@ Glacier- L
vs. Butte- W
@ Bozeman- L
vs. CMR- W
Great Falls High is one of the teams I am most excited to watch this upcoming season, behind only the stud filled Glacier, the 5 “big ugglies” of Capital, and the reigning camps of Senior. I have them finishing at 6-4, and that is because I am a huge fan of Kevin Boes, their QB, and their head coach Mark Samson. I think Mark will finally get a winning season at GFH. I can see them having close games with Capital but not being able to finish, and same with Helena High, with the Bengals ultimately pulling out a W in a nail-bitter. They should also give Bozeman a scare. Look for the Bison to make a playoff push this fall.

Helena High
@ CMR- W
@ Senior- L
vs. Hellgate- W
vs. Glacier- L
@ Capital- L
@ GFH- W
vs. Bozeman- L
@ Skyview- W
vs. Sentinel- W
vs. Flathead- W
It seems that every year Helena High looks very good on paper, and every year they come up short. In the upcoming season, I have the Bengals going 6-4, and I’m sure there will be some games that go either way, as in all of them. If you told me the Helena High Bengals went undefeated in the 2017 season, I wouldn’t be surprised. I would probably tell you they lost in the playoffs at some point but that’s just because history points me to that belief. The Bengals have a good amount of talent on their roster this year, and should make a playoff push. They will compete with the best of teams this year for sure.

Hellgate
vs. Bozeman- L
vs. Butte- L
@ Helena High- L
vs. Big Sky- L
@ CMR- L
vs. Skyview- L
@ Sentinel- L
vs. Senior- L
@ Flathead- L
@ Glacier- L
Yes, I do have Hellgate at 0-10. I hate to do it but at this stage of the year I don’t see any team that they will beat. I truly hope Hellgate fields a competitive team and they take home some wins this year, but I don’t see it as of right now. Good Luck Hellgate, I really am rooting for you, having them be competitive would only help the AA.

Senior
@ Glacier- L
vs. Helena High- W
vs. Skyview- W
vs. CMR- W
@ Bozeman- W
vs. Big Sky- W
@ Butte- W
@ Hellgate- W
vs. Capital- W
@ West- W
I have the reigning camps going 9-1, their only loss coming in a game that could go either way against Glacier. It will be interesting to see who plays QB for the Broncs this year, and if they are as effective without Dick running around and making plays for them on offense. If they do lose against Glacier the first game of the year, I think they will be tough to beat for the rest of the season, mostly due to the fact that they will want to prove a point. Helena High, Bozeman, and Capital should all be closes games.

Sentinel
@ Skyview- W
@ Big Sky- W
vs. GFH- L
@ Flathead- W
vs. Butte- W
vs. Glacier- L
vs. Hellgate- W
@ West- L
@ Helena High- L
vs. Capital- L
I have Sentinel going 5-5, as I do see them as about the same caliber team as CMR. I think they do have the weapons to be 6-4, as that extra win would come from the West game Week 8. The Spartans have been on the bubble for the last few years now, and that’s where I see them this year as well. I said this earlier in Capitals overview but I do believe they could nab a W against Capital with the Bruins playing Glacier and Senior back-to-back and possibly being pretty beat up.

Skyview
vs. Sentinel- L
@ GFH- L
@ Senior- L
vs. Capital- L
vs. West- L
@ Hellgate- W
@ CMR- L
vs. Helena High- L
vs. Butte- L
@ Bozeman- L
I have the Falcons going 1-9, they do have some talent on their roster but I just don’t see it being enough to consistently compete with teams across the state for four quarters. I do believe they will put up a good fight most of these games, but fall short in the end. I think they could get a win against Butte Week 9 in a close game.

West
@ Big Sky- L
vs. Bozeman- L
vs. Flathead- W
@ GFH- L
@ Skyview- W
@ Butte- L
vs. Capital- L
vs. Sentinel- W
@ CMR- L
vs. Senior- L
I see the Golden Bears of Billings West finishing at 3-7. The glory days of West have come and gone, and it is weird to be looking at West thinking they will win less than 6 games. I just don’t think they have the roster talent to compete in a tough Eastern Conference, and while they might win some games early on, possible the Big Sky game and Great Falls High game, I just don’t see them competing for a playoff spot this fall.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:03 pm

Probably not. The 14 "big" schools want to talk about high school sports in the Bobcat Football Forum. I really enjoy going back and digging up the rosters from both MSU and UM from their championships. Sure are a lot of Butte kids, out of state kids and a lot of small schools on those rosters.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Should be a good year in the AA, I think all the teams, except Hellgate, are going to be competitive this year! I'm excited to see how it all plays out, along with how the recruiting goes this year!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Probably not. The 14 "big" schools want to talk about high school sports in the Bobcat Football Forum. I really enjoy going back and digging up the rosters from both MSU and UM from their championships. Sure are a lot of Butte kids, out of state kids and a lot of small schools on those rosters.
So did someone give you the one eyed willy and not call you the next day? You're sure acting like a jilted 13yr old girl.