keeping the people in their seats at halftime

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: keeping the people in their seats at halftime

Post by kwcat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:34 am

The key to keeping me in my seat would be to play non stop rotating commercials of Quist and Gianforte. I can't get enough.

Maybe they could add this very important issue to their platforms! Maybe institute a discrimination law for both sides so we all win!

I would be glued to "me" seat.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:42 am

How about converting the 50/50 to an electronic platform for sign-up an pay, then have a "must be present inside the stadium" drawing with 2 minutes to go at halftime?

Or a 'supplemental' drawing at halftime with the same qualification. Enough financial motivation to find your seat prior to qtr 3 kick-off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:54 am

Not sure if the posts above are serious, but I had suggested earlier that MSU could offer a $1,000 drawing at halftime. The ticket would be drawn with 5:00 minutes left at halftime and winner must claim by second half kickoff. Every seat in the house is eligible. I am confident that a sponsor would snatch up this prime advertising opportunity and dish out the $6,000 for the season.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Cataholic wrote:Not sure if the posts above are serious, but I had suggested earlier that MSU could offer a $1,000 drawing at halftime. The ticket would be drawn with 5:00 minutes left at halftime and winner must claim by second half kickoff. Every seat in the house is eligible. I am confident that a sponsor would snatch up this prime advertising opportunity and dish out the $6,000 for the season.
Good idea.

I would say they draw the seat number, and send a cheerleader (or someone) to that seat a couple minutes before 2nd half, to say you won (also to confirm the person is in their seat).

So the winner has to be sitting in their seat prior to kickoff. Then the announcer can say who the winner was

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Cataholic wrote:Not sure if the posts above are serious, but I had suggested earlier that MSU could offer a $1,000 drawing at halftime. The ticket would be drawn with 5:00 minutes left at halftime and winner must claim by second half kickoff. Every seat in the house is eligible. I am confident that a sponsor would snatch up this prime advertising opportunity and dish out the $6,000 for the season.

Actually, if you are going by the seat number, all you would have to do is go to the seat to see if the fan is actually there and present them with the cash. Take a camera along and broadcast it on the big screen. If the fan isn't there, then the cash goes to the school scholarship fund. They could make a show of it with Champ or some other official. I know there are elderly folks that can't make it quickly around the stadium, so making them get somewhere in five minutes would probably be difficult.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 pm

AFCAT wrote:

Actually, if you are going by the seat number, all you would have to do is go to the seat to see if the fan is actually there and present them with the cash. Take a camera along and broadcast it on the big screen. If the fan isn't there, then the cash goes to the school scholarship fund. They could make a show of it with Champ or some other official. I know there are elderly folks that can't make it quickly around the stadium, so making them get somewhere in five minutes would probably be difficult.

Sorry, I didn't see the previous reply. I was typing mine up when he was posting.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 pm

How bout for halftime we have a Walmart employee come down and sell fishing licenses. He gets to make up a silly occupation to list on it and then we get entertained when we see what he comes up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:54 pm

lutecat wrote:How bout for halftime we have a Walmart employee come down and sell fishing licenses. He gets to make up a silly occupation to list on it and then we get entertained when we see what he comes up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

:-s

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TrueCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by TrueCat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:54 pm

[quote="Cataholic"]Not sure if the posts above are serious, but I had suggested earlier that MSU could offer a $1,000 drawing at halftime. The ticket would be drawn with 5:00 minutes left at halftime and winner must claim by second half kickoff. Every seat in the house is eligible. I am confident that a sponsor would snatch up this prime advertising opportunity and dish out the $6,000 for the season.[/quote]

Typically, this stuff costs more than just the $6,000 prize. I would assume whoever would sponsor this would have to sign a contract with Bobcat Sports Properties and since it is a season long promotion that would need to be advertised way in advance it would involve a larger investment than just the prize, perhaps 3 times as much.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:34 pm

The problem isn't keeping people in their seats at halftime, it's getting them back in their seats for the start of the second half. They need to install game clocks on the outside of the stadium and when there's 3-4 minutes left play the MSU fight song so people know to come back inside.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:I realize I am in the minority here... but I just don't understand why it is that difficult to leave at halftime, have a beer/burger with some friends, and be back in your seat by 2nd half kickoff......

I do it every single game, it is not that hard.
Your right it's not that hard i have been doing it for seven years now and I never miss the second half kickoff. I'm guessing the ones suggesting the no re-entry don't run a tailgate? Well I do and it's a big deal for us and the family, if they even think about no re-entry they willl lose fans. Just think about it, if you go out at half and get back in say 3 minutes into the second half isn't that better than not being able to get back in at all? Do you want the stands to be a third full the whole second half?

Tailgating is a big deal at MSU and the idea of no re-entry is ridiculous. NDSU does it because they are in a dome, getting out of the stadium in Bozeman to have a beat and beer at halftime is doable, not as easy in a dome.
Tailgating is a big deal everywhere, not just Bozeman. No re-entry is the norm at major programs such as Nebraska, Notre Dame, Washington, etc, and none of them have a dome.

Every single tailgater has hours before the game and after the game to entertain friends and family. Losing 20 minutes of tailgating will not ruin your day. If it does, I am not sure if you are there to tailgate or watch MSU football. I can assure you that life will go on if no re-entry is established.
Why I'm there is none of your gawd damn business. I could give a shiit less what other schools do. I only care what MSU does. If MSU decides to restrict halftime tailgating, I'll quit paying for it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:I realize I am in the minority here... but I just don't understand why it is that difficult to leave at halftime, have a beer/burger with some friends, and be back in your seat by 2nd half kickoff......

Your right it's not that hard i have been doing it for seven years now and I never miss the second half kickoff. I'm guessing the ones suggesting the no re-entry don't run a tailgate? Well I do and it's a big deal for us and the family, if they even think about no re-entry they willl lose fans. Just think about it, if you go out at half and get back in say 3 minutes into the second half isn't that better than not being able to get back in at all? Do you want the stands to be a third full the whole second half?

Tailgating is a big deal at MSU and the idea of no re-entry is ridiculous. NDSU does it because they are in a dome, getting out of the stadium in Bozeman to have a beat and beer at halftime is doable, not as easy in a dome.
Tailgating is a big deal everywhere, not just Bozeman. No re-entry is the norm at major programs such as Nebraska, Notre Dame, Washington, etc, and none of them have a dome.

Every single tailgater has hours before the game and after the game to entertain friends and family. Losing 20 minutes of tailgating will not ruin your day. If it does, I am not sure if you are there to tailgate or watch MSU football. I can assure you that life will go on if no re-entry is established.
Why I'm there is none of your gawd damn business. I could give a shiit less what other schools do. I only care what MSU does. If MSU decides to restrict halftime tailgating, I'll quit paying for it.
Chill out dude. I was responding to Hi Line's post.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Cataholic wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Yeah, and I was responding to your post.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:57 am

Maybe once the game starts the MSU facilities workers could litter the tailgate areas with smelly bloated dead horses, and then remove them at the start of the 4th quarter.

8-[

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:02 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:15 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Yeah, and I was responding to your post.
What is your problem?

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 am

Have "friendly" cowboys sell beer inside the stadium with sheep carrying the beer on thier backs from the beginning of the second quarter through halftime.

That would keep 90 percent of you hayseeds in the stands.

:D

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:Have "friendly" cowboys sell beer inside the stadium with sheep carrying the beer on thier backs from the beginning of the second quarter through halftime.

That would keep 90 percent of you hayseeds in the stands.

Great thinking. Similar to Missoula where you fould sell marijuana brownies with a "Hillary in 2020" button. Guaranteed to keep the liberals in their seats at Wa Griz.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Liberals don't watch football... silly cowboy

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:40 pm

In all seriousness the only way to keep either fan base in the stands for halftime is selling beer.

Or naked chicks on trampolines...