keeping the people in their seats at halftime

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: keeping the people in their seats at halftime

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:In all seriousness the only way to keep either fan base in the stands for halftime is selling beer.

Or naked chicks on trampolines...
What about sheep? \:D/

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:In all seriousness the only way to keep either fan base in the stands for halftime is selling beer.

Or naked chicks on trampolines...
Certainly worth a try. Naked guys running across the field doesn't seem to work over there.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 am

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:39 pm

Alright, alright, alright....

I forgot the Man show used to do that.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:I realize I am in the minority here... but I just don't understand why it is that difficult to leave at halftime, have a beer/burger with some friends, and be back in your seat by 2nd half kickoff......

I do it every single game, it is not that hard.
Your right it's not that hard i have been doing it for seven years now and I never miss the second half kickoff. I'm guessing the ones suggesting the no re-entry don't run a tailgate? Well I do and it's a big deal for us and the family, if they even think about no re-entry they willl lose fans. Just think about it, if you go out at half and get back in say 3 minutes into the second half isn't that better than not being able to get back in at all? Do you want the stands to be a third full the whole second half?

Tailgating is a big deal at MSU and the idea of no re-entry is ridiculous. NDSU does it because they are in a dome, getting out of the stadium in Bozeman to have a beat and beer at halftime is doable, not as easy in a dome.
Tailgating is a big deal everywhere, not just Bozeman. No re-entry is the norm at major programs such as Nebraska, Notre Dame, Washington, etc, and none of them have a dome.

Every single tailgater has hours before the game and after the game to entertain friends and family. Losing 20 minutes of tailgating will not ruin your day. If it does, I am not sure if you are there to tailgate or watch MSU football. I can assure you that life will go on if no re-entry is established.
Why I'm there is none of your gawd damn business. I could give a shiit less what other schools do. I only care what MSU does. If MSU decides to restrict halftime tailgating, I'll quit paying for it.
You're going to stop paying for halftime tailgating?? Whew. Good thing you didn't say all tailgating or we'd get worried!

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:57 pm

I have an idea to keep people entertained in the stands and make them want to stay in their seats....we could put a dead horse on the field and watch people take turns beating it........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Tue May 02, 2017 9:21 am

91catAlum wrote:Bethany Cordell is probably the person you want to talk to. She is on here sometimes, you could PM her or else look up her email on the MSU website.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Feel free to reach out directly to me at bcordell@msubobcats.com.

Thanks!
Bethany Cordell (Bobcat Athletics)

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue May 02, 2017 12:47 pm

If everybody went back in with 3 minutes left before 3rd quarter kickoff, there would be a bottleneck to get back in. If you didn't allow re-entry, that would take away from the overall game atmosphere. Our small-ish stadium (just like the one in Missoula) allows for people to get out quickly. They don't deal with this at larger stadiums because it takes you 30 minutes to get to your car there. Even if you offered a prize, most people are going to make a decision based on either a 1-in-20,000 chance to get some cash or a 1-to-1 odds to get a beer. I'll take 1-to-1 any day. If you draw your 50-50 ticket at the beginning of the 3rd, I'm not buying a ticket and neither are a lot of other people. Then the 50-50 pot looks like a Bigfork Volleyball game (no disrespect to the Valkyries) and that's not motivating anybody to do anything.

I just don't think it's worth the fight. I hate to say it, but it's reasonable to admit that UM has a pretty good model for a successful game day atmosphere at this level. They struggle with the same thing. Sure, there's a chance somebody could come up with something miraculously brilliant, but don't hold your breath. Tailgating at halftime is just too big a part of the game-day experience to take it away. Even if they sold beer, I'd rather drink the beer that I bought for 79 cents at Albertson's than the $5 one in the stadium, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:56 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote: Even if they sold beer, I'd rather drink the beer that I bought for 79 cents at Albertson's than the $5 one in the stadium, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

What if that $5 went toward the east side or indoor practice facility?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote: Even if they sold beer, I'd rather drink the beer that I bought for 79 cents at Albertson's than the $5 one in the stadium, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.

What if that $5 went toward the east side or indoor practice facility?
If a big chunk of that money went toward improving the football facilities, I'd definitely be motivated to buy beers in the stadium. If only a buck from that $5 went to upgrades, I'd rather donate $30 or so for the year and drink the cheap beer I brought. Either way, I'd still probably leave at halftime for a quick beer and brat.