keeping the people in their seats at halftime

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

keeping the people in their seats at halftime

Post by St George » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 pm

I have an idea for half time, but hesitate on telling it on here. May be a good idea maybe a dud....
Who is the best to contact for halftime entertainment? Might keep a few more in their seats. Would like a second opinion or third or forth....

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: keeping the people in their seats at halftime

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Marketing department.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Better be the second coming of 2pac for me to stay in at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Bethany Cordell is probably the person you want to talk to. She is on here sometimes, you could PM her or else look up her email on the MSU website.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:58 pm

You're not supposed to post this until after the spring game, but what the hell, let's start the offseason talk a few days early.

That said, I have some insanely awesome ideas for pre-game player introduction music, 3rd-down defense crowd involvement sounds, beer in the stadium, moving up to FBS, uniform combos (throwbacks, hellllooo?), those damn rickety end-zone bleachers, a new sound system, and would it kill somebody to pave ALL the tailgate areas?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Not sure where you are going with this, but if you look back at the past threads about this I have been saying for over 2 years now that you have to stop doing traditional marching band halftime shows and start bringing in actual bands. There are lots of good local artist from the State that I think would be fun to watch play a few songs at halftime. Plus, it would give the people that go tailgate something to listen to as well while they throw a few back and talk about the first half. Unfortunately, most people on here prefer the marching band over any other kind of halftime entertainment.

Punters are people too!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 am

Short of beer sales in the stadium and a strict no re-entry policy, I'm pretty sure at this point that the only way to keep people in their seats at halftime would involve Super Glue.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 am

I realize I am in the minority here... but I just don't understand why it is that difficult to leave at halftime, have a beer/burger with some friends, and be back in your seat by 2nd half kickoff......

I do it every single game, it is not that hard.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 am

mslacatfan wrote:I realize I am in the minority here... but I just don't understand why it is that difficult to leave at halftime, have a beer/burger with some friends, and be back in your seat by 2nd half kickoff......

I'm generally back by the first minute or so of the 3rd quarter, but I'm not mad at anyone who takes longer especially those who shell out big $$ for a tailgate spot. With their booster membership, season ticket, tailgate pass, not to mention food and booze, I think they've earned the right to tailgate as long as they want.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:02 am

wbtfg wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:I realize I am in the minority here... but I just don't understand why it is that difficult to leave at halftime, have a beer/burger with some friends, and be back in your seat by 2nd half kickoff......

I'm generally back by the first minute or so of the 3rd quarter, but I'm not mad at anyone who takes longer especially those who shell out big $$ for a tailgate spot. With their booster membership, season ticket, tailgate pass, not to mention food and booze, I think they've earned the right to tailgate as long as they want.

I totally agree with you. I was just speaking for myself, personally I don't miss any of the game, and it is not that hard to leave the stadium and get back in a timely manner.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:11 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I totally agree with you. I was just speaking for myself, personally I don't miss any of the game, and it is not that hard to leave the stadium and get back in a timely manner.
not hard at all. though i'd guess that those that are coming into the 3rd late isn't because it is too hard. lol. most likely 100% of fans could easily get back in their seats if that's what they CHOSE to do.

I'm with wbtfg. i'm usually back in my seats or so a minute after kickoff. except the times that i'm not because I decide on a few more beers. :suds:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Anybody who spends their money on a ticket has a right to do as they please. But there's nothing wrong with brainstorming ideas to incentivize being back in your seat for 3rd quarter kickoff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Though I agree with the sentiment, you forget that people spend hundreds of dollars for the weekend in most cases. They are looking for a good game, some nice weather, a great time of relaxation, and a chance to hang with other friends...and oh, to drink some beer and burn a braut. All that in a TOTAl game day experience. You will never get everyone back by 3rd quarter...won't happen unless you completely remake the stadium experience into a tailgate!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:38 pm

wbtfg wrote:Better be the second coming of 2pac for me to stay in at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm with ya. For me I'd say if the cheerleaders go topless that would keep me there but that's about it. :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Your right it's not that hard i have been doing it for seven years now and I never miss the second half kickoff. I'm guessing the ones suggesting the no re-entry don't run a tailgate? Well I do and it's a big deal for us and the family, if they even think about no re-entry they willl lose fans. Just think about it, if you go out at half and get back in say 3 minutes into the second half isn't that better than not being able to get back in at all? Do you want the stands to be a third full the whole second half?

Tailgating is a big deal at MSU and the idea of no re-entry is ridiculous. NDSU does it because they are in a dome, getting out of the stadium in Bozeman to have a beat and beer at halftime is doable, not as easy in a dome.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:46 pm

MSU01 wrote:Short of beer sales in the stadium and a strict no re-entry policy, I'm pretty sure at this point that the only way to keep people in their seats at halftime would involve Super Glue.
This

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:46 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

And this.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am

Can the mods please create a "Beating A Dead Horse" Emoji for every time this topic comes up?!?

Hating the griz since 02.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Your right it's not that hard i have been doing it for seven years now and I never miss the second half kickoff. I'm guessing the ones suggesting the no re-entry don't run a tailgate? Well I do and it's a big deal for us and the family, if they even think about no re-entry they willl lose fans. Just think about it, if you go out at half and get back in say 3 minutes into the second half isn't that better than not being able to get back in at all? Do you want the stands to be a third full the whole second half?

Tailgating is a big deal at MSU and the idea of no re-entry is ridiculous. NDSU does it because they are in a dome, getting out of the stadium in Bozeman to have a beat and beer at halftime is doable, not as easy in a dome.
Tailgating is a big deal everywhere, not just Bozeman. No re-entry is the norm at major programs such as Nebraska, Notre Dame, Washington, etc, and none of them have a dome.

Every single tailgater has hours before the game and after the game to entertain friends and family. Losing 20 minutes of tailgating will not ruin your day. If it does, I am not sure if you are there to tailgate or watch MSU football. I can assure you that life will go on if no re-entry is established.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:30 am

If you can't drink 2 beers and be back in your seat for kickoff, then you haven't trained hard enough in the off-season.

:lol: :suds: