Friday Scrimmage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Friday Scrimmage

Post by Cat_gld » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
technoCat wrote:I'm surprised to hear that they are moving the linebackers all over the place. Is that to get new guys in or does the new lb coach think they fit better there?
Which move? Josh Hill to MLB? Mac Bignell to WLB? And we don't have a new LB coach yet. Ty has been the temporary LB coach since Kane left.
Well 2 out of 3 seems like moving them around quite a bit... And if Ty is the temporary coach then he is the coach... Not sure why you had to critique how I asked the question when I think it was pretty clear what I was asking. All you had to say was Chapman and Hadley were out so they were trying out new stuff.
Josh Hill is permanently at Mike linebacker now and is the starter. Walker Cozzie was out so Sean Opland took at the reps with the No. 2s at Mike.

Mac Bignell is permanently at Will linebacker now but took all the No. 1 reps at Sam on Friday because Jacob Hadley was out sick. Senior Lukas McCarthy (No. 11) took all the No. 1 reps at Will on Friday.

The No. 2 linebackers Friday were Opland at Will, Chapman at Sam and mostly Koni Dole at Will.
With Hadley being out, why did they have Bignell take the snaps at Sam? Wouldn't it have been a better idea to let Chapman take the 1st team snaps since he's competing with Hadley there? Or did something happen to Chapman that I didn't hear about?
I believe the coaches, either Choate, Gregorak, or both explained why in the interview that Colter recently put on his site.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Cat_gld wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
technoCat wrote:I'm surprised to hear that they are moving the linebackers all over the place. Is that to get new guys in or does the new lb coach think they fit better there?
Which move? Josh Hill to MLB? Mac Bignell to WLB? And we don't have a new LB coach yet. Ty has been the temporary LB coach since Kane left.
Well 2 out of 3 seems like moving them around quite a bit... And if Ty is the temporary coach then he is the coach... Not sure why you had to critique how I asked the question when I think it was pretty clear what I was asking. All you had to say was Chapman and Hadley were out so they were trying out new stuff.
Josh Hill is permanently at Mike linebacker now and is the starter. Walker Cozzie was out so Sean Opland took at the reps with the No. 2s at Mike.

Mac Bignell is permanently at Will linebacker now but took all the No. 1 reps at Sam on Friday because Jacob Hadley was out sick. Senior Lukas McCarthy (No. 11) took all the No. 1 reps at Will on Friday.

The No. 2 linebackers Friday were Opland at Will, Chapman at Sam and mostly Koni Dole at Will.
With Hadley being out, why did they have Bignell take the snaps at Sam? Wouldn't it have been a better idea to let Chapman take the 1st team snaps since he's competing with Hadley there? Or did something happen to Chapman that I didn't hear about?
I believe the coaches, either Choate, Gregorak, or both explained why in the interview that Colter recently put on his site.
Lukas McCarthy is the back up at both Mike and Will even if it's not listed like that on the depth chart because he's a senior and the most physically imposing of any of Montana State's linebackers. I think they wanted to give him reps against the first team to test him while also still reminding Mac how to play Sam.

Also, with both Hadley and Walker Cozzie out last Friday, Chapman took reps with the No. 1s, 2s and 3s. He was one of the only Sams who played. So nothing happened, they are just getting him as many reps as possible.

Here's a story with more clarification. Chapman also had one of the best hits of the day on Friday when he and Sean Opland squared up Nick LaSane and buried him, no small task.

Pair of freshmen battling for Bobcats' Sam LB spot - http://skylinesportsmt.com/pair-of-fres ... m-lb-spot/

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 am

Cat_gld wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I don't watch most videos on the site, even though I want to. I just don't have the time usually. I appreciate Colter doing them though since I do watch some of them and they're all great!
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Cat_gld wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Lukas McCarthy is the back up at both Mike and Will even if it's not listed like that on the depth chart because he's a senior and the most physically imposing of any of Montana State's linebackers. I think they wanted to give him reps against the first team to test him while also still reminding Mac how to play Sam.

Also, with both Hadley and Walker Cozzie out last Friday, Chapman took reps with the No. 1s, 2s and 3s. He was one of the only Sams who played. So nothing happened, they are just getting him as many reps as possible.

Here's a story with more clarification. Chapman also had one of the best hits of the day on Friday when he and Sean Opland squared up Nick LaSane and buried him, no small task.

Pair of freshmen battling for Bobcats' Sam LB spot - http://skylinesportsmt.com/pair-of-fres ... m-lb-spot/
Thank you for the clarification Colter. Love the article, as always!