Kane Ioane moving on

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Kane Ioane moving on

Post by wbtfg » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:09 pm

I know Cole Moore was a GA this past year. Wonder if he's ready to come in as a position coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Depends if Choate feels like there's anyone else he needs to run off.
This isn't hard to understand. Kane was offered a spot at Washington and he accepted it. What aren't you understanding here?
I guess that just leaves Pitre and Wilcox.

Wilcox is employed by the MSU Athletic Department...not by Jeff Choate. Choate can't fire Wilcox. And Michael Pitre is the head of recruiting and that position was given to him by Choate. The only way I see Pitre leaving is if he gets a spot at an P5 FBS school.

We all love Kane, but you can't honestly think Choate wanted him around that badly. What HC is okay with a guy leaving during spring ball to a place where he has friends?

These changes happen every year in college football and the spring is a common time for them to occur. As far as your comment on Choate not wanting to Kane to be around that badly,......(not enough eye-rolls for how incorrect you are on all of this). I'm not going to respond to anything else you say on this matter because you have zero clue what you are talking about. Have a nice day. Feel great for Kane and its a perfect fit for him in Washington with Kwiatkowski.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:26 pm

yeah to say that Choate did not like Ioane is just dumb. Ioane was one of the very few coaches from the prior staff that Coach Choate kept around.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catdaddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catdaddy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:27 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
This isn't hard to understand. Kane was offered a spot at Washington and he accepted it. What aren't you understanding here?

Wilcox is employed by the MSU Athletic Department...not by Jeff Choate. Choate can't fire Wilcox. And Michael Pitre is the head of recruiting and that position was given to him by Choate. The only way I see Pitre leaving is if he gets a spot at an P5 FBS school.

We all love Kane, but you can't honestly think Choate wanted him around that badly. What HC is okay with a guy leaving during spring ball to a place where he has friends?

These changes happen every year in college football and the spring is a common time for them to occur. As far as your comment on Choate not wanting to Kane to be around that badly,......(not enough eye-rolls for how incorrect you are on all of this). I'm not going to respond to anything else you say on this matter because you have zero clue what you are talking about. Have a nice day. Feel great for Kane and its a perfect fit for him in Washington with Kwiatkowski.
So, if Choate was unhappy with Wilcox, he really couldn't do anything about it? Just curious, I figured he could get him reassigned at the very least. I never said he could just fire him. If you think McEndoo's situation is at all similar, I'm just going to have to disagree. Please enlighten me how getting 340k a year as a fulltime coach at Okie State is at all same as a guy leaving during spring ball to basically be a GA. One thing I do know, coaches aren't going to hire guys from a friends staff unless they are okay about it. I'm not saying Choate just couldn't wait to get rid of Kane, but he obviously didn't fight hard to keep him around. Never said I didn't understand that he got offered a job and he took it, thanks though. Hope you're right about Pitre.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:30 pm

This is the best thing for Kane's development. He has been at one place his entire playing and coaching career. That is not a recipe for long-term success in today's coaching environment. It's good to get out there and learn from others.
I believe that Choate cares about his player and coaches. He also knows that having coaches in his "tree" helps not only himself, but his program.

I hate to see Kane go...but I'm happy for him. And I'm confident that Choate will bring in a good replacement.

catdaddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catdaddy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:33 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:This is the best thing for Kane's development. He has been at one place his entire playing and coaching career. That is not a recipe for long-term success in today's coaching environment. It's good to get out there and learn from others.
I believe that Choate cares about his player and coaches. He also knows that having coaches in his "tree" helps not only himself, but his program.

I hate to see Kane go...but I'm happy for him. And I'm confident that Choate will bring in a good replacement.
Agree for sure.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:37 pm

catdaddy wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

So, if Choate was unhappy with Wilcox, he really couldn't do anything about it? Just curious, I figured he could get him reassigned at the very least. I never said he could just fire him. If you think McEndoo's situation is at all similar, I'm just going to have to disagree. Please enlighten me how getting 340k a year as a fulltime coach at Okie State is at all same as a guy leaving during spring ball to basically be a GA. One thing I do know, coaches aren't going to hire guys from a friends staff unless they are okay about it. I'm not saying Choate just couldn't wait to get rid of Kane, but he obviously didn't fight hard to keep him around. Never said I didn't understand that he got offered a job and he took it, thanks though. Hope you're right about Pitre.
It might not be about pay. Getting your foot in the door at a P5 program is a big deal. I seem to remember UW taking on Alabama for some New Year's Eve festivities. :-^

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 pm

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Congrats to Kane. I believe he was here for the last six BSC titles and the last six Cat-Griz wins. Not too many, if any, MSU players/coaches have ever been able to say that.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:33 pm

UPDATED: MSU LB coach Kane Ioane joining Washington staff
http://skylinesportsmt.com/ioane-to-washington/

Includes quotes from Kane Ioane about the move, plus quotes from Mac Bignell, Pete Kwiatkowski and Jason McEndoo about Kane.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:41 pm

1) Choate could've fought hard as hell, Kane is still taking a job at a P5 school that was just in the playoffs working under his old D.C. It's a no brainer.

2) Choate shouldn't let his coaches stay around if they get an offer like that. The best thing for Choate, and his recruiting of position coaches is that they get promoted to awesome schools. If guys know they can go from here to a P5 school, they're gonna come. Think long term guys. This is good for both parties.

catdaddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catdaddy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:54 pm

bobcat99 wrote:1) Choate could've fought hard as hell, Kane is still taking a job at a P5 school that was just in the playoffs working under his old D.C. It's a no brainer.

2) Choate shouldn't let his coaches stay around if they get an offer like that. The best thing for Choate, and his recruiting of position coaches is that they get promoted to awesome schools. If guys know they can go from here to a P5 school, they're gonna come. Think long term guys. This is good for both parties.
Good points, and I agree with #2. But: "Choate stepped into the office of MSU’s assistant head coach and linebackers’ coach to present him with the opportunity." That's not normal, no matter how anyone paints the picture. Passive-aggressive push out the door.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:58 pm

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/846495514875039744

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:46 pm

bobcat99 wrote:1) Choate could've fought hard as hell, Kane is still taking a job at a P5 school that was just in the playoffs working under his old D.C. It's a no brainer.

Exactly ~ I wouldn't guess at Coach Chote's motives other than to further the future of his Coach's and extend his own coaching
Tree. Who knows could bring Kane back in the future if another Coach moves up. W/ a lot of good experience from Washington.
Well I just guessed at some motives anyway. All Good Stuff.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:49 pm

catdaddy wrote:

Good points, and I agree with #2. But: "Choate stepped into the office of MSU’s assistant head coach and linebackers’ coach to present him with the opportunity." That's not normal, no matter how anyone paints the picture. Passive-aggressive push out the door.
Oh good grief.

Choate knows that Ioane has wanted this opportunity. He hears about an opening. He tells Ioane. This isn't that difficult. Stop trying to make a controversy when there is none.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:35 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:This is the best thing for Kane's development. He has been at one place his entire playing and coaching career. That is not a recipe for long-term success in today's coaching environment. It's good to get out there and learn from others.

Well said. This is a huge opportunity for Kane to further his career - he had hit a ceiling somewhat being the co-defensive coordinator during Ash's last year but then going back to a position coach under Choate when he brought in Gregorak as DC. Uninformed speculation about Choate wanting Kane out the door is pretty ridiculous. Does having one of your position coaches move up to a team that played in the FBS playoffs last year help in recruiting other assistants to come to MSU? Heck yes and I'm sure Choate knows it.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:42 pm

I was going to ask a question about this, but then remembered............NO QUESTIONS!!!! Good luck Kane, and hope we find another body to add to the mix of a very impressive coaching staff.

Punters are people too!!

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:13 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Congrats to Kane. I believe he was here for the last six BSC titles and the last six Cat-Griz wins. Not too many, if any, MSU players/coaches have ever been able to say that.
That stat is remarkable. Congratulations to a great Bobcat! I wish Kane the best of luck and thank him for his years of service and dedication to Montana State!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm

It will be strange to watch the Bobcats without Coach Ioane on the sidelines. I am super excited for him. I have no doubts he will do a great job and move up Washington's coaching ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:29 pm

Good luvk, Kane! Definitely sad to see him go, but excited for him to get a bigger opportunity.