2018 MSU Recruiting (31 Signees)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2018 MSU Recruiting (15 Verbals)

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:46 am

Man, Isaiah Ifanse would be a hell of a get. Considering his offers at 247 I think we'd have to be top 2, between us and Idaho. Unless he wants to travel way across the country to Wofford, or if he is seriously interested in the service academies.

He only rushed for 2,485 yards and 44 TDs playing for Bellevue, which is a powerhouse WA high school.

His film is pretty damn impressive.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Finally caught up with Derryk Snell

Alaska star Snell anxiously awaits finally becoming a Bobcat
https://skylinesportsmt.com/alaska-star ... -a-bobcat/

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:18 pm

I did this interview on September 19....And wrote the first five paragraphs that night...and then I have no idea what happened. For no explainable reason, I did not remember to finish it until right now. Apologies to Logan.

Local product Kleinhans earns dream come true with Bobcats
https://skylinesportsmt.com/local-produ ... h-bobcats/

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:26 pm

https://twitter.com/_Only1shake/status/941445871928885248

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Bobcats host 10 for second round of official visits
https://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-hos ... -visitors/

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2018 MSU Recruiting (13 Verbals)

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm sorry if I missed this, but I noticed Aaron Howard, the corner from California (I hope I got his name right) and Onte Burns aren't on the front page. Does anyone know why they decommitted?

Good news on a PWO from Colter's article above!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:25 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:I'm sorry if I missed this, but I noticed Aaron Howard, the corner from California (I hope I got his name right) and Onte Burns aren't on the front page. Does anyone know why they decommitted?

You must've missed the line from the story..
Minnesota linebacker/safety Onte Burns and Cathedral High (Los Angeles) cornerback Aaron Howard are no longer committed to Montana State.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:26 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:I'm sorry if I missed this, but I noticed Aaron Howard, the corner from California (I hope I got his name right) and Onte Burns aren't on the front page. Does anyone know why they decommitted?

I was wondering that too. Not sure if that was their decision or MSU coaches decision.

Also interesting we are looking at a jc qb, that should be a major wake up call for CM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Anybody have some guesses on the transfers,other than Echols, that visited?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:35 pm

wbtfg wrote:

I was wondering that too. Not sure if that was their decision or MSU coaches decision.

Also interesting we are looking at a jc qb, that should be a major wake up call for CM.

I'm confused.

Why would Murray need a wake up call? He hasn't seemed complacent with his status to me. He improved a lot over last year. I think he knows he's not a guaranteed starter.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:36 pm

I liked Burns' tape, but he does seem a bit redundant talentwose with some other guys we have.

Wish we could've kept on to Howard, but oh well. We'll find different players, I'm not too worried.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Chris beat out the last JC quarterback they brought in.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Minnesota linebacker/safety Onte Burns and Cathedral High (Los Angeles) cornerback Aaron Howard are no longer committed to Montana State.

Between these two and the WR from Texas it doesn't seem like we did that great of job keeping our early commits................however, I would have to assume that some of this may have been in the form of getting other commitments?

I could see Howard not being as enthused after we got verbal's from the twins, but I thought one of the RB's was leaning towards the Cats because of Howard wanting to come here. Would we be in jeopardy of losing him to? I also remember seeing somewhere that we offered a JC CB. Even though three 3 star freshman at corner would have been great it seems like that would be a lot of scholarships tied up for one position.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:

No, I saw it, but my question was WHY did they decommit? I'm guessing it's like someone said, he might not have liked us bringing the twins in. Plus, that would've given us 5 2-3 star corners. When was the last time we could say that??? As for Burns, I have no idea, but I was hoping we could open a pipeline to Minnesota, like NDSU has. And I try not to give too much info out so people have to actually buy your service. I'm not sure if that was a premium article or not. I'm just permanently signed in.

I had no idea Choate's son had such a dominant year for Bozeman High!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:09 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

No, I saw it, but my question was WHY did they decommit? I'm guessing it's like someone said, he might not have liked us bringing the twins in. Plus, that would've given us 5 2-3 star corners. When was the last time we could say that??? As for Burns, I have no idea, but I was hoping we could open a pipeline to Minnesota, like NDSU has. And I try not to give too much info out so people have to actually buy your service. I'm not sure if that was a premium article or not. I'm just permanently signed in.

I had no idea Choate's son had such a dominant year for Bozeman High!
Yeah, here is Jory Choates HUDL tape. He has impressive quickness and toughness.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/3959581/jory-choate

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 am

Tough to have your children on your team. I hope he gets a scholarship at a school other than MSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:36 am

77matcat wrote:Tough to have your children on your team. I hope he gets a scholarship at a school other than MSU

Apparently, Hauks son is transferring to Montana from NAU.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:37 am

77matcat wrote:Tough to have your children on your team. I hope he gets a scholarship at a school other than MSU

I don’t think he will look anywhere else other than msu. I think it’s pretty cool for a father to coach his son at the D1 level.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Coaches just need to be extra careful that any time their offspring gets is definitely earned. If not the result is poison.

Seem to remember a B.B. coach who’s son’s playing time lead to controversy. Is this wrong??

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:37 pm

77matcat wrote:Coaches just need to be extra careful that any time their offspring gets is definitely earned. If not the result is poison.

Seem to remember a B.B. coach who’s son’s playing time lead to controversy. Is this wrong??

Depends on how it's handled by Coach Choate. I would be willing to bet his son will have a tougher road than the normal recruit.