Montana Recruits 2018

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Re: Montana Recruits 2018

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:24 am

I think Max Morris would be a big pick up . . . 6-5 TE which is something we didn't pick up this past offseason. Give him a few years to bulk up and I think he would be a solid addition.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:31 am

Bozcat003 wrote:I think Max Morris would be a big pick up . . . 6-5 TE which is something we didn't pick up this past offseason. Give him a few years to bulk up and I think he would be a solid addition.
Max Morris is a Top 10 player in this next year's class and his tape backs it up. Runs well, a good blocker, catches the ball well, and has great size for a TE recruit. Should be a priority recruit at least for MSU next year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:39 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:I think Max Morris would be a big pick up . . . 6-5 TE which is something we didn't pick up this past offseason. Give him a few years to bulk up and I think he would be a solid addition.
Max Morris is a Top 10 player in this next year's class and his tape backs it up. Runs well, a good blocker, catches the ball well, and has great size for a TE recruit. Should be a priority recruit at least for MSU next year.
I think we have a good chance of landing him. I think we've been on his trail for some time, our lack of TE depth has to be something he will consider, and that Glacier connection.

I think Conor Quick may be a bobcat too. No inside source at all, but seems like we've been after him for a while as well. Would be a solid Offensive Guard someday.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:47 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I think we have a good chance of landing him. I think we've been on his trail for some time, our lack of TE depth has to be something he will consider, and that Glacier connection.

I think Conor Quick may be a bobcat too. No inside source at all, but seems like we've been after him for a while as well. Would be a solid Offensive Guard someday.
As HowardRoss2080 pointed out in our discussions last week, there will be plenty of interior line help on both sides of the ball in this class. Even though we disagree on our scouting of Conor, Carson Shuman of Helena Capital, Joe McElroy of Missoula Loyola, or Karson Wheat of Deer Lodge are clear Top 15 talents. Very good depth at OG/DT this year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:35 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

As HowardRoss2080 pointed out in our discussions last week, there will be plenty of interior line help on both sides of the ball in this class. Even though we disagree on our scouting of Conor, Carson Shuman of Helena Capital, Joe McElroy of Missoula Loyola, or Karson Wheat of Deer Lodge are clear Top 15 talents. Very good depth at OG/DT this year.
On the positive on both Capital kids...they are both wrestlers and will be at the State Tournament this weekend in Billings. I watched both of them last weekend at divisionals and both are athletic. At this point, Shuman is the better wrestler.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Should be a good weekend for wrestlers that play football. Garret Graves, who I see will be in your top something, is undefeated and ranked #1 at 182. As a team, Eureka sent 14 wrestlers to state.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Well we know Stitt has no use for TE so he should be a Bobcat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:01 pm

lutecat wrote:Well we know Stitt has no use for TE so he should be a Bobcat.

No Stitt would just put him as an H-receiver which is basically their version of a Tight End.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:28 am

tdub wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

On the positive on both Capital kids...they are both wrestlers and will be at the State Tournament this weekend in Billings. I watched both of them last weekend at divisionals and both are athletic. At this point, Shuman is the better wrestler.

Huge weekend for wrestling, which I see as a major role in getting better as a football player.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:17 am

HowardRoss280 wrote:
tdub wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Huge weekend for wrestling, which I see as a major role in getting better as a football player.
Agreed, especially for d-linemen. Leverage, hand placement and hand fighting, pad level are all HUGE benefits of wrestling.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 pm

https://twitter.com/richiemelby/status/830552158244253697 QB/S from Eureka goes undefeated his junior year to win a state title. A Top 20 prospect next year for football.

seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by seacat85 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:10 pm

HowardRoss280 wrote:Aaron White (Shelby) http://wwe.hudl.com/profile/4520309/aaron-white/videos
I like what I see on Aaron's film. Might not be a big time prospect. But definitely a kid that shouldn't go completely unnoticed!
Didn't his brother sign to play QB for UM before ending up at Rocky? Any chance he'd choose MSU over UM because of that? And would MSU have need to bring in another QB next year? By that I mean they are young there and didn't they sign a couple QBs a week ago (could be mixing up Washington signings with MSU). Didn't Ash like to sign at least 1 QB a year? Does Choate have that same philosophy?

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:58 pm

VimSince03 wrote:https://twitter.com/richiemelby/status/830552158244253697 QB/S from Eureka goes undefeated his junior year to win a state title. A Top 20 prospect next year for football.

And Eureka brings home their second state title in 3 months.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:10 am

seacat85 wrote:
HowardRoss280 wrote:Aaron White (Shelby) http://wwe.hudl.com/profile/4520309/aaron-white/videos
I like what I see on Aaron's film. Might not be a big time prospect. But definitely a kid that shouldn't go completely unnoticed!
Didn't his brother sign to play QB for UM before ending up at Rocky? Any chance he'd choose MSU over UM because of that? And would MSU have need to bring in another QB next year? By that I mean they are young there and didn't they sign a couple QBs a week ago (could be mixing up Washington signings with MSU). Didn't Ash like to sign at least 1 QB a year? Does Choate have that same philosophy?
Choate wants 4-5 qbs per class. Because they are usually the best athlete and leader on the team. Not to bring in to play qb but bring them in as an ath.

FootballLover406
New Recruit

Post by FootballLover406 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Rumor has it that McElroy kid was offered by MSU during NSD? Any word on that?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:40 pm

FootballLover406 wrote:Rumor has it that McElroy kid was offered by MSU during NSD? Any word on that?
I've heard the same.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:15 am

Any word on prospects attending football camps and how they are doing? I know there was a camp recently in Seattle, any word on if anyone from Montana attended??

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:23 am

HowardRoss280 wrote:Any word on prospects attending football camps and how they are doing? I know there was a camp recently in Seattle, any word on if anyone from Montana attended??
I know that Drew Turner was invited to NIKE "The Opening" Regionals in LA which is basically a one day camp for prospects in their prospective regions. If Drew does well at the camp, he may be invited to the NIKE Football The Opening Finals in Beaverton, Oregon this summer where he will compete against some elite prospects.

Other than him, I know Glacier, Helena Capital, Billings West, and Billings Senior usually travel to other camps during the summer. They usually still attend UM/MSU camps but they try to go to the bigger ones as well.

I know kids have gone to the Northwest Elite Index camps during the spring and summer in the past so those are other ones to watch for. I'll keep an eye out. I found out about Drew's through his twitter account.

The camp you are referring to is the Northwest Stars Camp sponsored by the NorthwestEliteIndex. They usually do a recap in March.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 am

Yep, NorthWest Stars was the one I heard about. I think it happened this past weekend, I'm looking for an article or roster of some kind to see if anyone from Montana attended but no luck so far. Have you seen anything Vim?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 am

HowardRoss280 wrote:Yep, NorthWest Stars was the one I heard about. I think it happened this past weekend, I'm looking for an article or roster of some kind to see if anyone from Montana attended but no luck so far. Have you seen anything Vim?
Nope. I will keep an eye out though.