Montana Recruits 2018

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2018

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:58 am

Go Scats Go wrote:https://twitter.com/shubru55/status/922308509789646849
Good luck to him!
Last edited by VimSince03 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:33 am

Go Scats Go wrote:https://twitter.com/shubru55/status/922308509789646849
Congrats to Carson!

fatalbert21
New Recruit

Post by fatalbert21 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:48 am

Congratulations Carson! I don't think WSU is his family's alma mater. His dad played football for Carroll College and his mom went to MT Tech, I believe.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 am

fatalbert21 wrote:Congratulations Carson! I don't think WSU is his family's alma mater. His dad played football for Carroll College and his mom went to MT Tech, I believe.
Did his grandfather play for Washington State?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

fatalbert21
New Recruit

Post by fatalbert21 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:21 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
fatalbert21 wrote:Congratulations Carson! I don't think WSU is his family's alma mater. His dad played football for Carroll College and his mom went to MT Tech, I believe.

His grandfather played for Western in Dillon.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:29 pm

fatalbert21 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

His grandfather played for Western in Dillon.
Alrighty then. Washington State gets another Montana kid after Hanser graduates this year.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 am

Good luck to Shuman. Just a PWO but WSU must have saw something they liked in him. And Pac12 schools don’t just hand those out. In his interview last night he said he wanted to take a chance and I don’t blame him. He’ll have the opportunity to earn a scholarship and eventually playing time. Pretty exciting to have another MT kid going to a Power 5 conference school.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:38 am

HowardRoss280 wrote:Good luck to Shuman. Just a PWO but WSU must have saw something they liked in him. And Pac12 schools don’t just hand those out. In his interview last night he said he wanted to take a chance and I don’t blame him. He’ll have the opportunity to earn a scholarship and eventually playing time. Pretty exciting to have another MT kid going to a Power 5 conference school.
Agreed. I'll be rooting for him.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Yeah, if his parents can afford that out-of-state tuition, then more power to him. Hope he can get some academic scholarship help too.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Vim, where do you see Cody Gagnon going? I watched him nail a 46 yarder this season and he looks like a natural. Also read in the Gazette this morning he's interested in engineering, no way we let him go to Tech is there??!! The kid can punt too.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:57 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:Vim, where do you see Cody Gagnon going? I watched him nail a 46 yarder this season and he looks like a natural. Also read in the Gazette this morning he's interested in engineering, no way we let him go to Tech is there??!! The kid can punt too.
I suppose it depends on their confidence and/or plan with Peppenger and Padmos. Both will be juniors next year so bringing in a freshman and redshirting him wouldn't be a bad idea. I was surprised when they didn't recruit Connor Coles from Bozeman last year who went to Utah State as a kicker.

Peyson88
New Recruit

Post by Peyson88 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 pm

One WR you are sleeping on is Jared Schaaf from Skyview. He’s 6’1” and 190 pounds. His dad Jeff was a stud at MSU in the early 90’s. Jared doesn’t get a lot of recognition playing in Skyview’s offense, but he was their go-to guy when they needed a big play. He is a very physical receiver with some of the best hands in the state. He wins more contested catches than anyone in the state. He’s not overly fast but he makes up for it with being able to create separation and make catches while being crowded by the DB. Despite Skyview’s 3-7 record, they have some real prospects. Bruce Spang is closer to 6’3” and 250 than he is 235 and he’s one of the most physical players in the state at the point of attack. And Dalton Macy was their featured player at left halfback. He is not too big, but he is fast, physical, and he follows his blocks very well.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:20 am

What’s the latest on Levi Janacarro from Missoula Big Sky? I’ve hesrd Tech has offered him a full and that um wants him to walk on. I watched him a bunch last season. The kid is an animal. I think he’d make a great H-Back or TE. He’s not a blazing runner but he is a punishing runner. He’s every bit of 6’2 and 225.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Know this is asking a lot, but is there someone that could put up a list of like the top 50 instate kids and show which schools they committed to or if they are still undecided? Thanks if anyone is willing to take that on.

Punters are people too!!

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:51 pm

94VegasCat wrote:What’s the latest on Levi Janacarro from Missoula Big Sky? I’ve hesrd Tech has offered him a full and that um wants him to walk on. I watched him a bunch last season. The kid is an animal. I think he’d make a great H-Back or TE. He’s not a blazing runner but he is a punishing runner. He’s every bit of 6’2 and 225.
Latest I had heard was pretty much the same, offer from Tech and interest shown by the Griz. The kid is a stud though, Big Sky has a disappointing end to their season with a quick playoff exit but Levi put on a show week in and week out.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:52 pm

GoCats18 wrote:Know this is asking a lot, but is there someone that could put up a list of like the top 50 instate kids and show which schools they committed to or if they are still undecided? Thanks if anyone is willing to take that on.

Page 1 of this thread. Two separate lists of top 50 prospects, and will eventually show where they are going to school

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 pm

With Cat griz being the end of this years season everyone's focus will move to the recruiting class of 2018.

1) Were there recruits in for Cat griz and if so how many?

2) Choate made comments during the post game presser about a couple pieces they still need. How many more recruits could they potentially get and at which positions?

3) With the early sign date not too far off, will all the current verbal commits sign and what does that say if one of them waits?

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Team10 wrote:With Cat griz being the end of this years season everyone's focus will move to the recruiting class of 2018.

2) Choate made comments during the post game presser about a couple pieces they still need. How many more recruits could they potentially get and at which positions?

3) With the early sign date not too far off, will all the current verbal commits sign and what does that say if one of them waits?

Lots of MT kids will be attending MSU and UM, and that number will continue to grow in the months to come.
I think Choate has his eye on some kids, but looking at what the Cats have already, and who hasn’t committed yet, I’d say he’s looking at speacilty players, maybe kids who can play safety/corner. Cats have an abundance of o lineman, but there is one or two kids who have the chance to obtain a PWO from the cats, a Bruce Sprang comes to mind. But the Cats have lots of depth in that area.
I expect most of the early verbals to sign this upcoming date. Kids like McElroy who committed a couple months before last summer know where they want to go and showed that early. And kids like Carson Shuman, who still committed early considering, waited until they got the offer they were looking for, then pulled the trigger. I’m sure there will be a few kids who verballed and decided they want to rethink their decision, but expect the majority of kids who already verballed to sign their letter of intent.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:02 pm

HowardRoss280 wrote:
Team10 wrote:With Cat griz being the end of this years season everyone's focus will move to the recruiting class of 2018.

Lots of MT kids will be attending MSU and UM, and that number will continue to grow in the months to come.
I think Choate has his eye on some kids, but looking at what the Cats have already, and who hasn’t committed yet, I’d say he’s looking at speacilty players, maybe kids who can play safety/corner. Cats have an abundance of o lineman, but there is one or two kids who have the chance to obtain a PWO from the cats, a Bruce Sprang comes to mind. But the Cats have lots of depth in that area.
I expect most of the early verbals to sign this upcoming date. Kids like McElroy who committed a couple months before last summer know where they want to go and showed that early. And kids like Carson Shuman, who still committed early considering, waited until they got the offer they were looking for, then pulled the trigger. I’m sure there will be a few kids who verballed and decided they want to rethink their decision, but expect the majority of kids who already verballed to sign their letter of intent.
If Choate tells Spang he can walk on, preferred or not, he'll be in Bozeman in June. Kid's had his heart set on playing at MSU for a long time.

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HowardRoss280 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
HowardRoss280 wrote:

If Choate tells Spang he can walk on, preferred or not, he'll be in Bozeman in June. Kid's had his heart set on playing at MSU for a long time.
Very true. I see it being similar to McElroys situation, doesn’t really matter what the offer is, he’s going to go to MSU.