Logo policy and beer

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Re: Logo policy and beer

Post by bobcatbob » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:51 pm

U of Montana just okayed Big Sky Brewing to use their logo on their new Grizzly Lager. The can has the UM Grizzly logo on it. The founders of Big Sky Brewing were UM grads. I wish MSU would do the same for one of our local breweries.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:08 pm

bobcatbob wrote:U of Montana just okayed Big Sky Brewing to use their logo on their new Grizzly Lager. The can has the UM Grizzly logo on it. The founders of Big Sky Brewing were UM grads. I wish MSU would do the same for one of our local breweries.
I agree! Copper John's Scotch Ale out of Belgrade and just like one of my favorite all time receivers for the Cats came out of San Franzoola, Flaig, we could get Cold Smoke as a tribute to our ski team...isn't O'Leary an MSU product?

At times it bothers me seeing San Franzoola outperforming Bozeangeles, but not all that much. Way too much hate between the fans. I mean, Sam Jankovich played for the Grizzlies and was Dennis Ericskon's position coach, Mick Dennehey got his start at MSU...but I digress...get the two best Scotch Ales in the state stamped with a little head....

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:17 pm

The gentleman who started Kettlehouse brewery is a huge bobcat. I met him at a fundraising dinner here in Missoula and he is a huge bobcat. Maybe he can work something out with MSU??

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Triple C
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Triple C » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 pm

John K wrote:
JDoub wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:Just don't put our name on some shiitty beer. Make sure it's good and maybe good enough to win a beer award. Something all of us micro brew junkies crave, not because it's got our name on it.

I'll be honest, I'd try a "Champ's Choice" IPA, but if it sucks, I'll be pissed because I wasted money on sucky beer and I'd probably never try a Bobcat Brew again, and 2 I'll think less of my alma mater for allowing our good name to be cheapened by piss water only suitable for swine.

If we need a beer taster to make sure it's up to snuff, I could volunteer. [emoji6][emoji106][emoji482]
I'm with you, however anything IPA is swill! So, I am your Lager Pilsner man! 8)
Please sign me up! My favorite is Wheat beer (unfiltered and conforming to Reinheitsgebot purity standard) -- no reason an official Bobcat Wheat shouldn't be among the best in the world given the superior wheat and barley available, and the expanding local hops production! I volunteer to chair the Bobcat Wheat committee. :D

But we all, as Bobcat brand enthusiasts and caretakers, must insist on excellence in everything branded Bobcat! Any beer with the Bobcat name better be world class, period. Life is too short, and too precious, to drink mediocre beer.
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring to be the Irish Red/Scotch Ale quality control guy.

Triple C reporting for any Porter or Stout duties. \:D/

Stitt: "Griz got 5 best in state. Small Montana class, but quality" Translation? "We didn't want all of the ones we offered"

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 pm

94VegasCat wrote:The gentleman who started Kettlehouse brewery is a huge bobcat. I met him at a fundraising dinner here in Missoula and he is a huge bobcat. Maybe he can work something out with MSU??
That would be so damn sweet! Get the two best Scotch Ales in Montana in and donating to MSU!

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:05 pm

It would be a very smart move to put our logo on just about anything we can.

Punters are people too!!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 pm

GoCats18 wrote:It would be a very smart move to put our logo on just about anything we can.
Very much agreed.