DeNarius McGhee back at MSU to coach QBs

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: DeNarius McGhee back at MSU to coach QBs

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:16 am

McGhee also said we have 19 recruits. Did we lose one or gain one?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 am

One thing I noticed in Choate's interview is that he thanked the administration 2 or 3 times for making this happen. If I'm reading between the lines, I would guess last year Choate sacrificed one coaching position so that there was more money to spread around the staff we had in place. With the addition of DeNarious, I would guess that some MSU donors as well as Leon and staff stepped up to provide additional funding for that position.

So kudos to everyone who stepped up to make this happen!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:27 am

iaafan wrote:McGhee also said we have 19 recruits. Did we lose one or gain one?
View what TomCat88 said.
TomCat88 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Montanabob wrote:OK, great interview and great reason to have a QB coach and Texas recruiting coordinator. But who did we lose? Coach choate said we had 19 commitments!
I really think its Vander just not being officially admitted to the school yet.
Choate doesn't consider the Air Force and UW transfers to be recruits or commits anymore, because they've already signed. If he said 19, that means there's another one that hasn't gone public yet.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 am

Is Roper coming this Spring? Or next Fall?

Edit: I'll ask on another thread.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:24 am

VimSince03 wrote:
iaafan wrote:McGhee also said we have 19 recruits. Did we lose one or gain one?
View what TomCat88 said.
TomCat88 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Montanabob wrote:OK, great interview and great reason to have a QB coach and Texas recruiting coordinator. But who did we lose? Coach choate said we had 19 commitments!
I really think its Vander just not being officially admitted to the school yet.
Choate doesn't consider the Air Force and UW transfers to be recruits or commits anymore, because they've already signed. If he said 19, that means there's another one that hasn't gone public yet.
It's my understanding that one of the last three verbally committed Montana kids will not be receiving money. From Peyton Hanser story:

Hanser will start out playing wide receiver at Montana State. He is strongly committed to Montana State and will sign on National Signing Day on February 1, although his scholarship situation is to be determined.

“I don’t really know the logistics of that all yet,” Hanser said. “We haven’t really talked about it, I just know I’m signing in February.”

My assumption is the coaches are not counting him toward the count, therefore they have 19 - including Vander, Omorogbe and Gardenhire as those three will be announced with the class on February 1 even though they are on campus and start school today.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:13 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Montana State press conference — DeNarius McGhee introduction
http://skylinesportsmt.com/mcghee-intro-presser/
Colter, the skyline website appears to be down. In case you didn't already know.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Really looking forward to how DM is as a QB coach. Didn't he have 4 different OCs while he played here? It had to have been tough to work with a new guy and such different styles each year, but now that he is on this side of the process all those different approaches and styles should be an asset that make him more rounded and knowledgeable on different ways to coach etc.
I have every confidence that he will be as awesome and dynamic as a coach as he was when he played the game.
Does anyone know how many QB coaches he had and who were they?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!