It's the planning season...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: It's the planning season...

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:56 pm

I think I have it now. We keep up with the trends by updating the playlist with the old traditions.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Cledus wrote:Who gives a crap how old some music is? If it's good, it's good. Guess I should get rid of all my Zeppelin and Eagles music.
Zeppelin maybe. Never ever get rid of your Eagles music!
:shock: This is blasphemy

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:44 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Cledus wrote:Who gives a crap how old some music is? If it's good, it's good. Guess I should get rid of all my Zeppelin and Eagles music.
Zeppelin maybe. Never ever get rid of your Eagles music!
Ban!

1984TwoMinutesHate
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984TwoMinutesHate » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 am

I FULLY SUPPORT THE ERADICATION OF ALL NEIL DIAMOND SONGS DURING MONTANA STATE BOBCATS HOME FOOTBALL GAMES

The Sweet Caroline bit between the 3rd & 4th quarter is frankly embarrassing. This needs to be replaced with another song. Many suggestions posted above would be a drastic improvement.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:43 am

1984TwoMinutesHate wrote:I FULLY SUPPORT THE ERADICATION OF ALL NEIL DIAMOND SONGS DURING MONTANA STATE BOBCATS HOME FOOTBALL GAMES

The Sweet Caroline bit between the 3rd & 4th quarter is frankly embarrassing. This needs to be replaced with another song. Many suggestions posted above would be a drastic improvement.
Good luck with that. I personally don't care for it, but the number of people that participate would indicate that more like it than not. If I was changing anything it would be rock this house.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:57 am

allcat wrote:
1984TwoMinutesHate wrote:I FULLY SUPPORT THE ERADICATION OF ALL NEIL DIAMOND SONGS DURING MONTANA STATE BOBCATS HOME FOOTBALL GAMES

Good luck with that. I personally don't care for it, but the number of people that participate would indicate that more like it than not. If I was changing anything it would be rock this house.
They increased the tempo of "Rock This House" this past season, and that helped a little bit, but I have enjoyed it much more since I began using "Rock Paper Scissors" for the chant.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

60's Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 60's Cat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 am

allcat wrote:

+ 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joe_montana_state
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by joe_montana_state » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:20 am

They should keep speeding it slowly until it is going so fast that it flies into the dumpster. I've never been a fan and yet each year it finds its way back.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 am

joe_montana_state wrote:They should keep speeding it slowly until it is going so fast that it flies into the dumpster. I've never been a fan and yet each year it finds its way back.
I agree, so it must have a sponsor that likes it, but I can't remember the name of the sponsor.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatozzy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 am

I agree the Ridge chant has to go please.

Rest In peace dad.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 am

bobcatozzy wrote:I agree the Ridge chant has to go please.
The Ridge chant is pretty silly, but it is a high visibility sponsorship opportunity and as long as the check keeps coming into the MSU Athletic Department every year it won't be going away, nor should it!

joe_montana_state
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by joe_montana_state » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:49 am

MSU01 wrote:
The Ridge chant is pretty silly, but it is a high visibility sponsorship opportunity and as long as the check keeps coming into the MSU Athletic Department every year it won't be going away, nor should it!
I'm all for high visibility sponsorship but don't you think as a sponsor you'd want it to be something everyone enjoys? Rock. This. House. feels forced. If it were my business I'd want it to be something that engages the crowd and gets everyone pumped up....not forced.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 pm

It is the worst chant in the history of chants! It is an embarrassing failure every time they try to do it. I remember once I looked down at the opposing teams sideline, and all their players were laughing. #-o

FTG- GO CATS GO!

papa_joe12
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by papa_joe12 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:25 pm

How about GO CATS GO or M S U instead of Rock this House?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:31 pm

joe_montana_state wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
I'm all for high visibility sponsorship but don't you think as a sponsor you'd want it to be something everyone enjoys? Rock. This. House. feels forced. If it were my business I'd want it to be something that engages the crowd and gets everyone pumped up....not forced.
I'd want it to be something everyone remembers. I couldn't tell you who sponsors the Kiss Cam or Rock Cam or Simba Cam or whatever but I know darn well that it's the Ridge sponsoring the Rock This House chant. Perhaps they could keep the general idea but rework the chant into something less awkward like "Montana State Bobcats" or "Let's go Cats"

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 pm

MSU01 wrote:
joe_montana_state wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

I'd want it to be something everyone remembers. I couldn't tell you who sponsors the Kiss Cam or Rock Cam or Simba Cam or whatever but I know darn well that it's the Ridge sponsoring the Rock This House chant. Perhaps they could keep the general idea but rework the chant into something less awkward like "Montana State Bobcats" or "Let's go Cats"
Hate to say it, but the fact that both you and I know the Ridge sponsors Rock This House, yet have no idea who sponsors the others, proves the Ridge is getting their money's worth.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 pm

papa_joe12 wrote:How about GO CATS GO or M S U instead of Rock this House?
Doing a GO-CATS-GO chant?............. it's just crazy enough to work. :D

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 pm

joe_montana_state wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
Let’s do the wave. People love it and no matter how corny it is, it is a visual treat.

joe_montana_state
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by joe_montana_state » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:16 am

The Big Meowski wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
joe_montana_state wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

Hate to say it, but the fact that both you and I know the Ridge sponsors Rock This House, yet have no idea who sponsors the others, proves the Ridge is getting their money's worth.
I thought annoying your customer base with your advertising campaign only worked if you were selling used cars!

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:49 pm

joe_montana_state wrote:
The Big Meowski wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
joe_montana_state wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

I thought annoying your customer base with your advertising campaign only worked if you were selling used cars!
The other side of the coin on this whole discussion about Rock this house is that it's not real good business sense to be too critical of a good sponsor like the Ridge has been.
The faster tempo of the cheer has helped and until any of us fans are willing to match their check amount maybe we should at least use a little more tact.
Again just good business sense. The Ridge having handed over money to us makes them the customer here and as has been said it's not wise to piss off your customer.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!