Tre'Von Strong leaving team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tre'Von Strong leaving team

Post by MSU01 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Let he who didn't say anything dumb at age 21 cast the first stone...

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:05 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:51 pm
Ya, I get that - but did you read it?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:21 am

catatac wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:05 am
MSU01 wrote:
Sure did, it appears to be a disrespectful and completely inappropriate tweet he reacted to. However, I'm also not into joining the "glad he's not a Bobcat anymore" crowd based on one bad choice on social media, and if there's anyone out there who didn't make a few regrettable decisions in college I haven't met him/her yet.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:00 am

I too hate Twitter and Facebook. There are also plenty of things said on here that are not in good taste. I don't Twitter so I don't even know how to look up the tweet. The one thought that does come to mind is "once a bobcat always a bobcat". Does that only hold true if we still like you?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:04 am

allcat wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:00 am
I too hate Twitter and Facebook. There are also plenty of things said on here that are not in good taste. I don't Twitter so I don't even know how to look up the tweet. The one thought that does come to mind is "once a bobcat always a bobcat". Does that only hold true if we still like you?
Well it depends. If you retweet a tweet by a doucher about school teachers running around Fraternity parties with male....stuff?.... on their face the year before....

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:27 am

lutecat wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:04 am
allcat wrote:
Well it depends. If you retweet a tweet by a doucher about school teachers running around Fraternity parties with male....stuff?.... on their face the year before....
Ok, I agree. He's out, who,s next, we gotta get this cleaned up.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:08 am

allcat wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:27 am
lutecat wrote:
allcat wrote:
Get what cleaned up?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:08 am
allcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:
allcat wrote:
Get what cleaned up?
stuff

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:32 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:08 am
allcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:
allcat wrote:
Get what cleaned up?
Anybody that posts bad stuff, I agree to be the judge of what is bad.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:57 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:21 am
catatac wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
Sure did, it appears to be a disrespectful and completely inappropriate tweet he reacted to. However, I'm also not into joining the "glad he's not a Bobcat anymore" crowd based on one bad choice on social media, and if there's anyone out there who didn't make a few regrettable decisions in college I haven't met him/her yet.
I hear you. This Twitter post and discussion reminded me of an article where Choate discussed his thoughts on sexual assaults and what he expects of this players. While this isn't the same thing here, is's somewhat related and ht speaks to the culture Choate has created. I can promise you a Choate player isn't going to re tweet something like that and not have serious problems.

https://missoulian.com/news/state-and-r ... c99de.html

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:16 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:57 am
MSU01 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:21 am
catatac wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
I hear you. This Twitter post and discussion reminded me of an article where Choate discussed his thoughts on sexual assaults and what he expects of this players. While this isn't the same thing here, is's somewhat related and ht speaks to the culture Choate has created. I can promise you a Choate player isn't going to re tweet something like that and not have serious problems.

https://missoulian.com/news/state-and-r ... c99de.html
Yep, I think Choate is doing a phenomenal job with the work he's doing to educate the team on sexual assault issues - that is a hugely important topic that needs to be discussed openly all across the university. I don't follow any MSU players on Twitter and have no desire to see what kind of stuff they're posting about and reacting to, but I'm assuming they're doing a good job there as well since we'd surely be hearing about it on here if they weren't.

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Who cares about this, tbh? This is no great loss.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:24 pm

Maybe TS will have a tremendous career in Marketing of some nature. The fact that he transferred “home” to small school should be a red flag to a recruiter. Wouldn’t said recruiter do homework on the kids past stops? My point is that TS has done a great job marketing himself to get back to at least the FCS level.

But I digress. Let’s get back to focusing on the ones we still have. LETS GO CATS

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 pm

So I keep reading stuff about people who "went to" or "looked up" the tweet...meaning it's not readily visible...meaning y'all twitter-stalking a player, and then criticizing someone else's behavior.

Classy.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:03 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 pm
So I keep reading stuff about people who "went to" or "looked up" the tweet...meaning it's not readily visible...meaning y'all twitter-stalking a player, and then criticizing someone else's behavior.

Classy.
I posted my comment two days after he tweeted it. I would hardly call that "stalking."
Not to mention that when you "retweet" you are sharing it for others to see which is the purpose of retweeting.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:04 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Classy.
Not sure what you are trying to say??? Strong tweeted about joining southern Illinois. On the exact SAME DAY, he re-tweets some extremely crude and derogatory content about young female teachers.