Tre'Von Strong leaving team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MTman33
New Recruit

Re: Tre'Von Strong leaving team

Post by MTman33 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:33 pm

luvMtFootball wrote:Wish the best for Travon, but the bottom line is he didn't play a lot this season because he wasn't good enough! He has very marginal speed for a corner (didn't place at state in the 100M) and this is Montana, we aren't know for having the fastest sprinters in the country. Difficulty changes directions, which is probably one the most important qualities of a good corner, and has stiff hips. If you noticed when he played, I would bet 70-80% of the pass attempts were at him. Opposing coaches aren't stupid, they are going to attack the weakest corner. You singled out particular plays the other corners were beaten, look back at the games Travon played and tell me a game in which he didn't get beat for a big play. I hope he can make it at another D1 school, but highly unlikely.
You don't gotta be fast to be successful at CB like Richard Sherman. How much you wanna bet he goes to a better program than MSU. Richard Sherman ran a 4.6 40 and that's slow for a CB. He's better off without MSU

MTman33
New Recruit

Post by MTman33 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:37 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
MTman33 wrote:Chris Harris can't cover a slant seen that vs Arizona. All he can do is black FGs. Alley is no good. I come from a place where there is actual talent and athletes. You guys talk like you know so much but you don't. You wanted to bash Bryson Keeton but he is in the NFL last time I checked
You are wrong. Everyone on this site, including myself, are experts on... well, basically everything in life.
You're and expert on Bobcat football in the big sky lol. Like I said Bryson Keeton is in the league and you all thought he was bad, you're an expert alright. And the funny thing is he gave up more Touchdown that Tre'von did as a freshman

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:44 pm

MTman33 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
MTman33 wrote:Chris Harris can't cover a slant seen that vs Arizona. All he can do is black FGs. Alley is no good. I come from a place where there is actual talent and athletes. You guys talk like you know so much but you don't. You wanted to bash Bryson Keeton but he is in the NFL last time I checked
You are wrong. Everyone on this site, including myself, are experts on... well, basically everything in life.
You're and expert on Bobcat football in the big sky lol. Like I said Bryson Keeton is in the league and you all thought he was bad, you're an expert alright. And the funny thing is he gave up more Touchdown that Tre'von did as a freshman
Why don't you enlighten us to your background and why you are such an expert?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:45 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
MTman33 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Not an expert at grammar...

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:03 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
MTman33 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
:D :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:41 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
MTman33 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Just curious on their handle on egriz...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Just laying this out there and everybody can add their own personal backgrounds. I indeed did play CB and start my freshman year.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Of high school. =D^ =D^ \:D/ \:D/

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:02 pm

FTG- GO CATS GO!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Imma trust the former pro GA on this one.

Like I said before, wish Strong well.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:39 pm

RickRund wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
MTman33 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Just curious on their handle on egriz...
My guess is a relative of TS or former player that left and is acting like a scorned lover. Either way, I too hope Tre'Von has success wherever he goes. Whatever your relationship, to come on here and bash the other players on the team that are still dedicated and working hard, is classless.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:45 pm

MTman33 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Came out of the gates pretty hot buddy. Rule 1 of any fan board like this: don't claim that you have special knowledge and then refuse to elaborate because you'll be immediately discredited.

If TS indeed is making a move up, good for him. We'll all find out soon enough, won't we? But my guess is he isn't (or you would say where he was headed because you'd want to brag up your friend). Conversely, my guess is you don't know jack about what is happening, but your irked he's leaving so your tearing down the other players who are seemingly favored by this staff.

Finally...

Rule #2 if a site like this (and rule #1 of Bobcat Nation), DON'T TALK S*%T ABOUT THE PLAYERS! Take that garbage to e-Griz.

Please...show yourself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:13 pm

All these rules need to be posted next to the BN code of conduct.

As was mentioned previously, not everyone will buy into the new staff and philosophy. No great shock, I don't believe. These young men need to learn to move on gracefully.
In life, all kinds of things happen requiring maturity beyond what they currently possess. It's called growth and development. Good bye and Good luck!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:23 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
MTman33 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Came out of the gates pretty hot buddy. Rule 1 of any fan board like this: don't claim that you have special knowledge and then refuse to elaborate because you'll be immediately discredited.

If TS indeed is making a move up, good for him. We'll all find out soon enough, won't we? But my guess is he isn't (or you would say where he was headed because you'd want to brag up your friend). Conversely, my guess is you don't know jack about what is happening, but your irked he's leaving so your tearing down the other players who are seemingly favored by this staff.

Finally...

Rule #2 if a site like this (and rule #1 of Bobcat Nation), DON'T TALK S*%T ABOUT THE PLAYERS! Take that garbage to e-Griz.

Good Post.
Tre'Von is not moving up or going sideways, he himself said he wants to go to a smaller school. Which I'm sure he'll do great, sad to see him go, but dems the breaks.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:27 pm

LIBBYCAT wrote:All these rules need to be posted next to the BN code of conduct.

As was mentioned previously, not everyone will buy into the new staff and philosophy. No great shock, I don't believe. These young men need to learn to move on gracefully.
In life, all kinds of things happen requiring maturity beyond what they currently possess. It's called growth and development. Good bye and Good luck!
My opinion is as long as you aren't threatening somebody you should be able to say whatever you want, it's a fan board. If people don't like it they don't have to read it. If everything was positive about players or coaches what would be the point of discussing issues?

I don't agree with what's his names assessment about Strong, but I would bet there is a little truth to some of the things he said about other players or at the very least he heard things from a player who are pissed about other players, that just happens. However, the idea Strong will move up a level is a bit ridiculous.

If your left, you aren’t right.

MTman33
New Recruit

Post by MTman33 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:27 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
MTman33 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Heard he is already talking to NDSU and University of Utah

Finally...

Good Post.
Tre'Von is not moving up or going sideways, he himself said he wants to go to a smaller school. Which I'm sure he'll do great, sad to see him go, but dems the breaks.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:40 pm

A little more information.
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... 4507e.html

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Unlike you fools I actually did play CB so I can speak to it. I started all 17 years on my NCAA '12 game and played in all 42 games of my backyard football league.

I wish the best for Strong and I am sincerely sorry he never "felt at home at MSU" his words not mine. I hope he lights the world on fire at his next university. And I appreciate his contributions to the team.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

No personality conflict with the staff is what the article says.

As for transferring. Remember he's played 2 years. If he goes down he plays now. If he stays at this level he only plays 1 year in 2 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:58 pm

lutecat wrote:No personality conflict with the staff is what the article says.

As for transferring. Remember he's played 2 years. If he goes down he plays now. If he stays at this level he only plays 1 year in 2 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
He has a redshirt year available. 3 years to play 2.