I hope Rovig . . .

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: I hope Rovig . . .

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:22 am

six--man wrote:Bruggman left the program in preseason. I heard they are grooming a tall qb from Oregon for 2018. Maybe he and Murray could split duty- use Murray as a wildcat
You mean 6'5" Tucker Rovig....from Idaho? They also have a 6'7" commit for the 2018 class from Washington in Casey Bauman.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 am

VimSince03 wrote:
six--man wrote:Bruggman left the program in preseason. I heard they are grooming a tall qb from Oregon for 2018. Maybe he and Murray could split duty- use Murray as a wildcat
You mean 6'5" Tucker Rovig....from Idaho? They also have a 6'7" commit for the 2018 class from Washington in Casey Bauman.
I’ve heard, actually saw it with my own one-and-a-half eyes, there’s a 6-2 speedster with an knack for making clutch plays with good leadership skills that is 2-0 in The Cat-Griz Game that they’re working with. :D

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 am

TomCat88 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I’ve heard, actually saw it with my own one-and-a-half eyes, there’s a 6-2 speedster with an knack for making clutch plays with good leadership skills that is 2-0 in The Cat-Griz Game that they’re working with. :D
2-0 vs. the Griz. 5-10 vs. every other opponent he has started against.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am

Murray vs. Rovig............. Just guessing this will be heavily discussed/debated now through August.

I also heard there is a guy on the team named Troy Anderson, and apparently he can play both LB and RB? Might be talking about that as well...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 am

mslacatfan wrote:Murray vs. Rovig............. Just guessing this will be heavily discussed/debated now through August.

I also heard there is a guy on the team named Troy Anderson, and apparently he can play both LB and RB? Might be talking about that as well...

Troy AndersEn is 1 - 0 vs the Griz.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:22 pm

mslacatfan wrote:Murray vs. Rovig............. Just guessing this will be heavily discussed/debated now through August.

If Purdy and Bauman sign I wouldn't doubt there is a 4 way competition. AZ Gatorade POY doesn't just automatically redshirt. Neither does the 2nd best QB in the NW.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:25 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Yes cause he lines up to kick FGs and missed the block on a crucial 2pt conversion...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:39 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:

If Purdy and Bauman sign I wouldn't doubt there is a 4 way competition. AZ Gatorade POY doesn't just automatically redshirt. Neither does the 2nd best QB in the NW.

Purdy,Bauman and Rovig ~ it doesn't appear we are recruiting for the present style of offense we employ ~ going to be
interesting in a good way I think . Troy played QB in High School also . Real good athletes, what a problem to deal with .
I like the philosophy of putting the Best Eleven on the field that this Coaching Staff uses.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Purdy,Bauman and Rovig ~ it doesn't appear we are recruiting for the present style of offense we employ ~ going to be
interesting in a good way I think . Troy played QB in High School also . Real good athletes, what a problem to deal with .
I like the philosophy of putting the Best Eleven on the field that this Coaching Staff uses.
I think Purdy is a do it all guy though. More mobile than Bauman and Rovig. I'm excited for what's to come at the position.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:40 pm

technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Yes cause he lines up to kick FGs and missed the block on a crucial 2pt conversion...
...and got called for holding on his go-ahead TD pass to Kassis and roughed the other teams QB.

But no comment about his speed and knack for making big plays, so must be ok with that.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber