Montana Recruits 2017

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: Montana Recruits 2017

Post by RobertCats » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:47 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:Hunter Mycke from Conrad committed to Carrol. VIM had him in his preseason top 40, not sure where he ended up.
https://twitter.com/HunterMycke/status/821522940072054784
He's a good football player. Will be in the Top 100 when its finished. Hunter is a great kid, state-champ wrestler, and a stout football player. But his two positions are running back and linebacker and he just doesn't quite have the speed to make it at the FCS level. Will be great at Carroll. Congrats to Hunter!
Yeah my thoughts exactly, great instincts which compensates some for his lack of speed, but would be exposed at a higher level. Played TE his junior year, but I think he lacks the height for that position. Hard working kid that is one of the top wrestlers in the state again this year. Will do great in the Frontier Conference.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:38 pm

David 'Bo' Hann is going to play at MT Tech. Vim had him in his top 50. Best 6' OL in the state imho. Pancaked all the rest of the top 50 OL he faced this season, from Msla Big Sky.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 pm

https://twitter.com/mccutcheonlance/status/822250919614156800

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:40 am

https://twitter.com/c_oreilly7/status/823353485466988544

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:26 pm

https://twitter.com/Rocky_Football/status/821928197176619008 Missed this tweet from Rocky Mountain College football but looks like this is for Sean Miller from Columbia Falls. Sean is a two-time All-State DB from the Flathead Valley. Stood out on tape to me because he went toe-to-toe with Jed Nagler as a junior. A really good athlete who I was hoping we would land as a preferred-walk on. He was one of the top DB's in Montana the past two years.

Glen47
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Glen47 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Looks like Northern signed the Pfeifer kid..Had some wrestling offers also, looks like Northern got there 1 technique defensive tackle they wanted \:D/

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Glen47 wrote:Looks like Northern signed the Pfeifer kid..Had some wrestling offers also, looks like Northern got there 1 technique defensive tackle they wanted \:D/
Good for Justin! Does he still plan on wrestling in college?

Glen47
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Glen47 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:09 pm

No.had offers for both at Dickinson State and then Northern wanted in the Russell to.

Glen47
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Glen47 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Northern wanted him to wrestle to.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Glen47 wrote:Looks like Northern signed the Pfeifer kid..Had some wrestling offers also, looks like Northern got there 1 technique defensive tackle they wanted \:D/
One of the better techniques from a DT that I have seen at the high school level. He can swim move, rip move and bull rush at any time and all three are very effective. He is very strong and quick with his hands, almost never saw a center or guard get their hands inside and get leverage on him. He was listed at 6' which I would say was VERY generous, if he was a little taller he could easily have played at the FCS level or even higher. Kid is as strong as an ox. Northern got a good one.

60's Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 60's Cat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:50 pm

RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
One of the better techniques from a DT that I have seen at the high school level. He can swim move, rip move and bull rush at any time and all three are very effective. He is very strong and quick with his hands, almost never saw a center or guard get their hands inside and get leverage on him. He was listed at 6' which I would say was VERY generous, if he was a little taller he could easily have played at the FCS level or even higher. Kid is as strong as an ox. Northern got a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Joe Fehr DE from Eureka signed with Northern today.

Glen47
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Glen47 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Looks like Northern had a good day...Two top B kids on the defensive side...

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Nate McGree signed with Carrol

catsack
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catsack » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:09 pm

I see Farrier from Big Fork signed with Tech ,heard he had a walk on offer from the Cats . Where's the Paro kid at on your list Vim? He's getting all kinds of awards! Won the Wendy's heisman in Montana.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:38 pm

Conner Crawford, RB, Missoula Sentinel has also signed with Northern.

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bemiller49 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:31 pm

catsack wrote:I see Farrier from Big Fork signed with Tech ,heard he had a walk on offer from the Cats . Where's the Paro kid at on your list Vim? He's getting all kinds of awards! Won the Wendy's heisman in Montana.
Good for him. He has put in the work to have that chance. Nice kid and glad he gets that chance to play on a really good team.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:10 am

catsack wrote:I see Farrier from Big Fork signed with Tech ,heard he had a walk on offer from the Cats . Where's the Paro kid at on your list Vim? He's getting all kinds of awards! Won the Wendy's heisman in Montana.
He will be in the top 100 but his stats in 6-man don't just push him into the top of the list. He got MontanaSports.com football player of the year and was one of the running back selections on the GFT Super-State team. But those awards are mostly based on his stats. 6-man QB Cooper Olson quarterbacked the Westby-Grenora Thunder football team for four years and broke the all-class passing touchdown record in Montana two years ago. Was he the best QB prospect in the state? No, not even close to the best one's in the state. Trevor's football film is good as it shows how well he moves in space and how much effort he gives on every snap. However, the only way you can really judge a player in 6-man to other players in other classes is to look at the measurables (size, speed, track results, etc.) because a good athlete can score in 6-man by literally beating one player on the field. I wanted Trevor to get a shot in the Shrine Game because I think his career backed up a selection. However, he is an NAIA player at best which I think is fair. The final question you have to ask yourself is if I substituted player X into Trevor's position on the 6-man field, would player X still put up the same stats? Based off the tape and measurables of the best running backs and wide receivers in this class, it would be hard to say that any of them wouldn't put up the same or even better stats. Also, I get a lot of PMs from people/parents saying, "How can this kid not be listed in the Top 50?" But even being in the Top 100 means you are in the top 5% of Montana football players who suit up in a given year.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 am

VimSince03 wrote:
He will be in the top 100 but his stats in 6-man don't just push him into the top of the list. He got MontanaSports.com football player of the year and was one of the running back selections on the GFT Super-State team. But those awards are mostly based on his stats. 6-man QB Cooper Olson quarterbacked the Westby-Grenora Thunder football team for four years and broke the all-class passing touchdown record in Montana two years ago. Was he the best QB prospect in the state? No, not even close to the best one's in the state. Trevor's football film is good as it shows how well he moves in space and how much effort he gives on every snap. However, the only way you can really judge a player in 6-man to other players in other classes is to look at the measurables (size, speed, track results, etc.) because a good athlete can score in 6-man by literally beating one player on the field. I wanted Trevor to get a shot in the Shrine Game because I think his career backed up a selection. However, he is an NAIA player at best which I think is fair. The final question you have to ask yourself is if I substituted player X into Trevor's position on the 6-man field, would player X still put up the same stats? Based off the tape and measurables of the best running backs and wide receivers in this class, it would be hard to say that any of them wouldn't put up the same or even better stats. Also, I get a lot of PMs from people/parents saying, "How can this kid not be listed in the Top 50?" But even being in the Top 100 means you are in the top 5% of Montana football players who suit up in a given year.
He is committed to playing college baseball in Washington isn't he?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:22 am

RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
He is committed to playing college baseball in Washington isn't he?
Yes Lower Columbia College.