Eligibility update on Montana State's group of transfers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Eligibility update on Montana State's group of transfers

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:41 am

MSU signed nine transfers in February. Almost all of them are eligible thus far.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

77matcat
Member # Retired

Re: Eligibility update on Montana State's group of transfers

Post by 77matcat » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:07 am

Good update.
Thanks!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 am

I sure hope Clark nails those classes and joins the team!

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:59 am

Any word on Oline transfers? We need some depth. Especially since Godecke is a no go until at least the EWU game.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:05 am

Clark is the one guy I pulling for, I truly think he could be an impact player, he looks to be a great DE. Lets hope he can make it happen.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:10 am

FTG247365 wrote:Clark is the one guy I pulling for, I truly think he could be an impact player, he looks to be a great DE. Lets hope he can make it happen.
Agreed, Sounds like from Colter's Twitter, Joe N. is on his way to Bozeman today.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:20 am

What are the options if Clark doesn't pass his classes? Can he enroll but not participate in team activities until spring or next fall? Could he still get scholarship money if he is not eligible? Does his scholarship instantly become available if he doesn't pass?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:Any word on Oline transfers? We need some depth. Especially since Godecke is a no go until at least the EWU game.

Godecke will have some contact through fall camp and into the season. MSU just wants him to be 100 percent by the EWU game.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:Any word on Oline transfers? We need some depth. Especially since Godecke is a no go until at least the EWU game.

Godecke will have some contact through fall camp and into the season. MSU just wants him to be 100 percent by the EWU game.
For sure. We don't need him at all until EWU.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:17 am

Hawks86 wrote:What are the options if Clark doesn't pass his classes? Can he enroll but not participate in team activities until spring or next fall? Could he still get scholarship money if he is not eligible? Does his scholarship instantly become available if he doesn't pass?
I think the bottom line is that he needs to graduate from junior college. Until that happens, I don't think he can play anywhere. I think it's somewhat similar to what Vernon Adams is doing right now

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:

That's good news. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Hopefully we get our depth some experience with the Ft. Lewis game, and then full go for all 5 starters at EWU.

It would still be very good to get a transfer/dropdown Olineman. Health is still an issue for us.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:51 am

wbtfg wrote: I think the bottom line is that he needs to graduate from junior college. Until that happens, I don't think he can play anywhere. I think it's somewhat similar to what Vernon Adams is doing right now

I guess my main question is if the coaches know he won't be eligible. Is his scholarship available?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

WrongleyAccused
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by WrongleyAccused » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:57 am

Is it just me or is that a picture of Southern Utah and Cal Poly? If so, why?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
wbtfg wrote: I think the bottom line is that he needs to graduate from junior college. Until that happens, I don't think he can play anywhere. I think it's somewhat similar to what Vernon Adams is doing right now

I guess my main question is if the coaches know he won't be eligible. Is his scholarship available?
Yeah, probably assuming we aren't oversubscribed. I would assume, though, that coaches are waiting until the end of summer term to make that determination

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:32 pm

WrongleyAccused wrote:Is it just me or is that a picture of Southern Utah and Cal Poly? If so, why?
Fairly certain it's a picture of one of the JC transfers playing for their respective Junior College. Not positive but I think that's Laboy

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:48 pm

WrongleyAccused wrote:Is it just me or is that a picture of Southern Utah and Cal Poly? If so, why?
Not green and gold. And the helmets say SD. I'm pretty sure that's Naotala in the picture.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:24 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Not green and gold. And the helmets say SD. I'm pretty sure that's Naotala in the picture.
You are right, Naotala is #95 in white on the back side of the ball carrier.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:34 am

wbtfg wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:What are the options if Clark doesn't pass his classes? Can he enroll but not participate in team activities until spring or next fall? Could he still get scholarship money if he is not eligible? Does his scholarship instantly become available if he doesn't pass?
I think the bottom line is that he needs to graduate from junior college. Until that happens, I don't think he can play anywhere. I think it's somewhat similar to what Vernon Adams is doing right now

Yes, he needs to graduate JC or he's all done with college football. Most JC guys that have extra work only have one class. Clark has two from what I'm told. Colter tweeted that Clark hasn't returned his calls, so that makes you wonder. You'd think, if things are going well he'd be happy and eager to tell Colter.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Yes, he needs to graduate JC or he's all done with college football. Most JC guys that have extra work only have one class. Clark has two from what I'm told. Colter tweeted that Clark hasn't returned his calls, so that makes you wonder. You'd think, if things are going well he'd be happy and eager to tell Colter.
I get that same feeling, hopefully its wrong, the kids looks like a game changer from his film, but we all know how that can go too.

on a side note, not sure how, but Marino got an offer from Iowa St.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Marino has offers from Iowa St, K-State, and I want to say one or two more. Might be the weirdest collegiate travel path of all time. ASU never enrolled, JC, Montana State, Iowa State. :shock:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast