Prukop welcoming the off-season hype surrounding his 'Cats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Prukop welcoming the off-season hype surrounding his 'Cats

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:14 am

Montana State's star quarterback is officially one of the top quarterbacks in the league and he wouldn't have it any other way.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Prukop welcoming the off-season hype surrounding his 'Ca

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:30 pm

“The expectation is to win the Big Sky outright,” Prukop said. “Goal is to win the national championship. It takes a lot to win the national championship offensively and defensively. I think (new defensive coordinator) Kane Ioane is going to give the defense right. I wouldn’t want any other defensive coordinator. He’s my guy. I’ve always loved Kane. Since I’ve been at MSU, he’s always made me feel welcome. He knows what it means to be a Bobcat. He’s got the energy, he’s got the fire. He’s got the young, progressive mindset. With him, our expectation is to win the Big Sky. We have the offense to do it. We have the players to do it. And we want to march on. I want to play 16 games this season.”
Read that:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:55 pm

CelticCat wrote:
“The expectation is to win the Big Sky outright,” Prukop said. “Goal is to win the national championship. It takes a lot to win the national championship offensively and defensively. I think (new defensive coordinator) Kane Ioane is going to give the defense right. I wouldn’t want any other defensive coordinator. He’s my guy. I’ve always loved Kane. Since I’ve been at MSU, he’s always made me feel welcome. He knows what it means to be a Bobcat. He’s got the energy, he’s got the fire. He’s got the young, progressive mindset. With him, our expectation is to win the Big Sky. We have the offense to do it. We have the players to do it. And we want to march on. I want to play 16 games this season.”
Read that:

Bloodsport! Yes! :lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Best paragraph I've read about Bobcat football in years!

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

MeerKat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MeerKat » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:35 pm

94VegasCat wrote:Best paragraph I've read about Bobcat football in years!
The guy has passion!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:04 pm

He's definitely not one of our BN.com members. :wink:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:43 am

TomCat88 wrote:He's definitely not one of our BN.com members. :wink:
You mean the hand-wringing crowd of worry warts who have already called a late season collapse? ](*,)

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:24 am

Prukop is awesome. Great attitude. If we can just have a normal season on the injury front, we're gonna be tough to beat. Keep Prukop healthy.

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:30 am

grizzh8r wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:He's definitely not one of our BN.com members. :wink:
You mean the hand-wringing crowd of worry warts who have already called a late season collapse? ](*,)
No, I think you mean losing focus to uni combos. 8)

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:14 pm

If Dakota can stay healthy and if the defense can get even two more 3 and outs or short drives a game, I don't see why this team can't make a long run in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how Bleskin mentally recovers from the Cat/Griz game. I was sitting literally 10 feet from him, and he seemed injured to me in his right shoulder. I have no idea if that was the case, but either way, he kept fighting, and the Bobcats may need his experience this year.

The skill players have never been this deep, IMO.

The O-line (seemingly for once) isn't dealing with multiple offseason injuries and is experienced and used to the scheme.

While there are a lot of transfers to shore up the defense, there is also some solid returning talent too, and not having to depend on a sack machine at DE like a Daly or Schreibis to hold up the scheme should be a bonus.

It's hard to not be (overly?) optimistic about this season a few weeks from fall camp. I can't wait to see them play in Portland, and then I get to go to Cat/Griz in Bozeman for the first time since the 1997 debacle.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:21 pm

So, I just did some twitter stalking and saw Dakota was AGAIN back at the Whitfield Camp working out, and it looks like new recruit Cam Sutton was there too.
https://twitter.com/DakotaPrukop

I personally have been waiting to crown him as one of the best 'Cats Qb's ever, but I think it may be time. This kids work ethic is OUTSTANDING!! He realizing that even the most talented people need to always continue to hone their craft. By the time Dakota graduates, I believe we will look back at him as our best Qb ever.
GOD can football season start NOW! I for one can't wait for DP to take the field again! \:D/

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:02 pm

He's definitely a dedicated player.

Cam Sutton looks all of 6-6 in that photo. The way he's standing probably drops him down an inch or two.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:17 pm

TomCat88 wrote:He's definitely a dedicated player.

Cam Sutton looks all of 6-6 in that photo. The way he's standing probably drops him down an inch or two.

6' 8" with the hair! :)