Cats, Griz get 5 games each on 10-game ROOT slate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Cats, Griz get 5 games each on 10-game ROOT slate

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:14 pm

MSU's games at EWU and Portland State, home games against Sac State and Montana will be televised regionally.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz get 5 ROOT games, Cats get four in 10-game slate

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:18 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz get 5 ROOT games, Cats get four in 10-game slate

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Sept 19 Montana State University @ Eastern Washington (NC)
Oct 10 Sacramento State @ Montana State University
Oct 17 Montana State University @ Portland State University
Nov 7 Southern Utah @ Montana State University
Nov 21 University of Montana @ Montana State University

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cats, Griz get 5 games each on 10-game ROOT slate

Post by The Butcher » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:44 am

With the fan base for the two schools this makes the most logic and economic sense for ROOT. If I were a fan of another conference team I would be irritated.

Additionally, one could make the assumption that this will continue to help with recruiting (all games broadcasted with 5 nationally).

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:34 am

The Butcher wrote:With the fan base for the two schools this makes the most logic and economic sense for ROOT. If I were a fan of another conference team I would be irritated.

Additionally, one could make the assumption that this will continue to help with recruiting (all games broadcasted with 5 nationally).
They do get irritated from past message board experiences.

We are lucky that this TV deal came around while MSU was/is a top FCS team, with our expanding stadium and fanbase. If this happened in 2000, we'd be lucky to get 2 games.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:44 am

CelticCat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:With the fan base for the two schools this makes the most logic and economic sense for ROOT. If I were a fan of another conference team I would be irritated.

We are lucky that this TV deal came around while MSU was/is a top FCS team, with our expanding stadium and fanbase. If this happened in 2000, we'd be lucky to get 2 games.
I don't think it is success as much as audience, Why would they exclude Poly? ISU is putting out a fun product to watch. Root is a business and I think they put on the games that get an audience.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:04 pm

allcat wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

I don't think it is success as much as audience, Why would they exclude Poly? ISU is putting out a fun product to watch. Root is a business and I think they put on the games that get an audience.
I think it has a lot to do with Root not being broadcast in SoCal, If I remember right from previous years and discussions. seems like for the most part you have to be playing against MSU, UM, or EWU to get broadcasted on ROOT, which is pretty much their footprint, always has been. If you look at the first couple years of broadcasts, I think theres only 1-2 games per season that didn't feature a big 3, and SoCal always gets the shaft.