Off-season Q&A with the assistants: Jamie Marshall

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Off-season Q&A with the assistants: Jamie Marshall

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 am

Montana State's longtime defensive coordinator enters his ninth season with some new faces in his room and a reorganizing of his staff.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off-season Q&A with the assistants: Jamie Marshall

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:38 pm

Some interesting stuff in that article. Maybe it's just me, but Marshall sounds a little down. But it seems to bring out a little honesty. Or maybe he's always been like that.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:23 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Some interesting stuff in that article. Maybe it's just me, but Marshall sounds a little down. But it seems to bring out a little honesty. Or maybe he's always been like that.
I got that impression too, I didn't listen to the audio but when I read it, It felt like he didn't want to be there at all. His voice in my head was very sad and melancholy, might because I read your post before I read the article :shrug:

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:27 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Some interesting stuff in that article. Maybe it's just me, but Marshall sounds a little down. But it seems to bring out a little honesty. Or maybe he's always been like that.
I got that impression too, I didn't listen to the audio but when I read it, It felt like he didn't want to be there at all. His voice in my head was very sad and melancholy, might because I read your post before I read the article :shrug:
You hit it on the head with how I read that also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:15 pm

Stark difference between the Fish and the Marshall interviews.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Well, jeez. A little down? His defense last year got ran over. The pitch fork brigade was literally calling for the man's head and if a few people around here knew where he lived, it would have been a good idea to have a fire truck on hand to protect his house. I'm certain there was a conversation with Ash that went something like, "Jamie, you're a good friend and a trusted coach, but man, your defensive play calling has put me in a horrible position. Unless you come up with some other options in the off-season, I have to do something because neither of us is going to survive another season like that. Don't have other options? OK, well, Kane is going to take over a lot of what you've apparently been unable to handle. You have a job next year, but obviously a lot of the trust I had in your abilities is gone. Might want to keep job hunting when you have time."

And people are surprised he sounds a little down?!?! :bag:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:16 pm

KittieKop wrote:Well, jeez. A little down? His defense last year got ran over. The pitch fork brigade was literally calling for the man's head and if a few people around here knew where he lived, it would have been a good idea to have a fire truck on hand to protect his house. I'm certain there was a conversation with Ash that went something like, "Jamie, you're a good friend and a trusted coach, but man, your defensive play calling has put me in a horrible position. Unless you come up with some other options in the off-season, I have to do something because neither of us is going to survive another season like that. Don't have other options? OK, well, Kane is going to take over a lot of what you've apparently been unable to handle. You have a job next year, but obviously a lot of the trust I had in your abilities is gone. Might want to keep job hunting when you have time."

And people are surprised he sounds a little down?!?! :bag:
It's a horrible feeling when you work so hard, put in so many hours, and put your heart and soul into something which yields utter failure. It doesn't make a man very proud of himself if he can't be proud of his work. I can empathize with Mr. Marshall. His defense sucked last year and he has to be accountable for its results and he has to know that.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:16 am

Actually, I didn't think he sounded down at all, but rather more like his usual shy with interviews and not so great of an orator ways - at least comparing this podcast to others he has done. Usually very short answeres that are matter of fact and steps all over himself to get the right words out.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am

I believe KK and LTCF hit the nail on the head. In the very least he ought to sound humble

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:12 am

77matcat wrote:I believe KK and LTCF hit the nail on the head. In the very least he ought to sound humble

He's effectively been demoted, even though his title hasn't changed, so yeah, I can certainly understand why he may not be feeling real great about things. That's got to be a hard pill to swallow.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:34 pm

John K wrote:
77matcat wrote:I believe KK and LTCF hit the nail on the head. In the very least he ought to sound humble

He's effectively been demoted, even though his title hasn't changed, so yeah, I can certainly understand why he may not be feeling real great about things. That's got to be a hard pill to swallow.
Hasn't Kane been doing most of the on camera interviews for the defense?

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:41 pm

He needs to be a positive influence and I trust that he is.