Thin secondary strong influence in first spring scrimmage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Thin secondary strong influence in first spring scrimmage

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:27 pm

With just four healthy defensive backs, LaSane and Paige pace Bobcat big-play offense.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Thin secondary strong influence in first spring scrimmag

Post by vike_king » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:With just four healthy defensive backs, LaSane and Paige pace Bobcat big-play offense.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

Way too bad about all the injuries in the secondary. Bignell has started to be a cool story, hope the story continues into the fall.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:08 am

Here's a little article mentioning a couple of the visitors from Pine Creek in Co.

http://coloradopreps.com/co/news/?id=18 ... ampionship

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 am

Nice to see LaSane doing well. Every time he's played he's looked good.

Sounds like Alley had a good day. If he can develop into a solid player it would help immensely. The fact that Prukop went 15 for 17 doesn't bode well. He's good, but those kind of numbers aren't a sign of an improving defense.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:52 am

Sounds like all the RB's are beasts in their own right! Not sure how you get all those guys on the field, but it is a good problem to have. And, add Sandland ( Gronk) Gates, Griebel, and lets not forget Prukop and the offense has a huge problem on their hands...ie. how to deal the deck their have to play off. It isn't even fair how much we have on the offensive side of the ball.

Defensive line is the key to the season I would add. IF they can pressure the QB's we play, and disrupt, then we will be the team to beat in the BSC IMO!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:57 am

Tavon Dodd was also very impressive. He is very strong and fast. He has a lot of moves and makes it hard to get you arms around him. RB will be a strong area this season. Another guy that continues to impress is John D'agostino. He is looking excellent. He catches everything.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:29 am

TomCat88 wrote:Nice to see LaSane doing well. Every time he's played he's looked good.

Sounds like Alley had a good day. If he can develop into a solid player it would help immensely. The fact that Prukop went 15 for 17 doesn't bode well. He's good, but those kind of numbers aren't a sign of an improving defense.
With two safeties wearing red jerseys and only two healthy corners, Im not putting any stock into any numbers that come out of spring ball. Now if we had a full stable of guys in the back end, I would definitely be saying, "Wow that is quite a few big plays for the offense."

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:37 am

depth at secondary is a bit concerning, looks like the O lit up the field Saturday. Love that, But I would like to hear the D giving more of a challenge.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:04 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:depth at secondary is a bit concerning, looks like the O lit up the field Saturday. Love that, But I would like to hear the D giving more of a challenge.
Read these articles from Parker Gabriel. Gives a different perspective on how short-handed the secondary was and how they still played well under the circumstances.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... paign=blox
Not only did the secondary make it through, it held its own.

Dakota Prukop finished 15 of 17 for 155 yards and Jake Bleskin 11 of 18 for 133, but several completions came on swing passes and underneath throws.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... paign=blox

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:04 am

There were about 50 recruits there for the scrimmage yesterday. Does anyone have any names?

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:28 am

bobcatbob wrote:There were about 50 recruits there for the scrimmage yesterday. Does anyone have any names?

Link to two above from Co.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:46 am

It's a spring scrimmage, wait until The Classic to see where defense is at. Not worried at this point.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:59 pm

bobcatbob wrote:There were about 50 recruits there for the scrimmage yesterday. Does anyone have any names?
Whole bunch of out of staters came. But Im going to not get worked up about recruiting until about mid-December!

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:53 pm

kwcat wrote:

Saw these two. Wondered what the PC on their jackets was for. One guy had a couple best linebacker type award patches on. He looked....confident. The other guy was taking it in. The lb looked ready to go pad up.

I think a few rugby girls came over from their matches. If we ever play Utah state!, I saw a girl I would add to the hotties thread. On that note, we should have an MSU WAGs thread sometime. There were quite a few in the stands watching in pairs or more.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:57 pm

lutecat wrote:
kwcat wrote:

Saw these two. Wondered what the PC on their jackets was for. One guy had a couple best linebacker type award patches on. He looked....confident. The other guy was taking it in. The lb looked ready to go pad up.

I think a few rugby girls came over from their matches. If we ever play Utah state!, I saw a girl I would add to the hotties thread. On that note, we should have an MSU WAGs thread sometime. There were quite a few in the stands watching in pairs or more.
I noticed a handful of kids that I didn't know from Boulder, Bozeman, Great Falls High, as well as Jake Rebish(I think #77) from Missoula Sentinel. Spoke to a couple of guys from the Longmont, CO area. Names are eluding me. One was a qb and the other a safety and slot.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Heck what would Cat spring ball be without at least one position group thin because of injury and other causes?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 am

Glad to hear Bignell, Alley, Carter, Collins and McCabe are doing well, but we still have a ways to go. We won't know much until about the second scrimmage of the fall.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 am

lutecat wrote:
kwcat wrote:

Was it this one?

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm

kwcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:
kwcat wrote:

I noticed a handful of kids that I didn't know from Boulder, Bozeman, Great Falls High, as well as Jake Rebish(I think #77) from Missoula Sentinel. Spoke to a couple of guys from the Longmont, CO area. Names are eluding me. One was a qb and the other a safety and slot.
The 2 kids from Boulder were Trace LeTexier (lb) and Jered Padmos (k).

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:17 pm

Theo Dawson(grandson of Ted Dawson) a RB/LB from Jackson Hole attended the scrimmage and was offered.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."